Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

September 14th, 2007
Dungy: “It’s a sad day for the NFL”
Posted by John Tomase at 2:59 pm

Colts head coach Tony Dungy just addressed the punishment handed down to the Patriots and didn’t hide his disappointment with his rivals.

“It’s a sad day for the NFL,” Dungy said. “It’s another case of the 99 percent good things that are happening really being overshadowed by the one percent bad. It’s a really bad situation for the NFL in total, because people aren’t talking about our product and all the great things that happened in Week 1. They’re talking about a negative incident.

“I feel bad for the young people that looked to this (Patriots) organization and said, ‘Hey, these are the people that won three Super Bowls, that’s what I want tob e like.’ I feel bad for young coaches. I hope they don’t feel like this what you have to do to win, because you don’t have to do that to win.

“It’s tough. No one wants t throw stones at anybody else, and I’m certainly not throwing stones at them, but I think it’s a bad thing for the NFL. It’s just another situation that isn’t good for us or our fans. We have to be careful. We have to make sure we don’t end up like some other sports where negative headlines outweigh the positives.”

Dungy should realize how overblown this is on the Patriots, and point the finger at the lynch mob co-led by his general manager.

Well said, nice and PC.

So was the day your son killed himself, Dungy. Maybe you should've payed more attention to him instead of preaching holier-than-thou bull**** about a mere game from a stuck up, Christian fundamentalist position.
I get what point you're trying to make, but mentioning his son's suicide in that context is crass. I don't like Dungy as a person very much, but that one's a low blow.

So was the day your son killed himself, Dungy. Maybe you should've payed more attention to him instead of preaching holier-than-thou bull**** about a mere game from a stuck up, Christian fundamentalist position.

==================================== Classy.

Dungy said nothing wrong here.

Just gave his opinion.

Last edited:

Your one classy dude. Nice comment.

those statements justemphasize even more how mudh polian had to do with this. and espeically the penalty

Yeah, and Bill Polian does not cheat... See ya nov 4th dungy, and we will wipe you silly in that game... In the meantime go play kissy face with Herm , lovie and who ever other holyier than now attitude....

Way out of line...

That is a f*cked up thing for Dungy to say. I've never been a fan of his but I've lost any respect for him now.

Dude... really? I'm pretty angry over this whole thing... and I, too, feel that folks should shut their traps... but c'mon now.... think through what Dungy's beliefs say about his own son's actions...

Say you don't like the man... make fun of the Colts.... but that comment is way out there... you have the right to say what you want, bro... but wow... that's his SON!

Wow. This post is way out of line. Whatever.

Is anyone surprised? He's always been self-righteous, and people are convinced he walks around with a halo. That man is totally full of himself (to be fair, so is every other NFL coach). "Quiet Strength?" I'd kill myself before I let my biography be named anything like that.

Dude... really? I'm pretty angry over this whole thing... and I, too, feel that folks should shut their traps... but c'mon now.... think through what Dungy's beliefs say about his own son's actions...

Say you don't like the man... make fun of the Colts.... but that comment is way out there... you have the right to say what you want, bro... but wow... that's his SON!
What he said was probably over the line but what Dungy said was too. He basically through Belichick under the bus saying that's what he has to do to win. Sure, Dungy's son was a real person but so is Belichick and he doesn't deserve to be judged by this jerk who needs rule changes and refs to win.

I know you don't speak for Patriot fans but, my goodness that's a low blow.

I respect Tony Dungy. I think he's a fine coach. Top-notch, in fact. However, his statement is a bit contradictory in that he says he isn't throwing stones after he had just cast aspersions upon the Patriots and their past accomplishments.

I won't delve into why I think he makes such a glaring error, but it's to be expected.

I apologize for that. You're right, there was no need for it.

I do get tired of Dungy acting like he's Mr. Morality, though, when it's clear that he has his own skeletons in his closet.

That's just an incredibly stupid thing to say. You need to get some perspective on life, pal. This is just a game. You are just a fan. Don't attack a person you don't even know about something you know nothing about. ***wipe.

I apologize for that. You're right, there was no need for it.

I do get tired of Dungy acting like he's Mr. Morality, though, when it's clear that he has his own skeletons in his closet.

Our posts crossed. Your apology was the right thing to do. Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back