PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy on Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far from a Dungy fan, but if AH had ended up anywhere else I'd 100% agree with him. The only reason why I'm okay with the move is because I'm pretty much convinced that Belichick knows how to brainwash people. Hope he ends up being more Corey Dillon and less Adalius Thomas.

Last edited:
You know, for an evangelical Christian, Saint Dungy sure passes judgement on a lot of people. Guess he forgot to read Romans chp 2 verse 1

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Last edited:
You know, for an evangelical Christian, Saint Dungy sure passes judgement on a lot of people. Guess he forgot to read Romans chp 2 verse 1
I never understood how the religions prohibition against judging works. What about actual judges, it's in their job title.

Dillon actually had multiple arrests dating back to his youth, and a reputation as one of the league's worst locker room malcontents. There were also some episodes of bad behavior toward his home town fans, like throwing his uniform into the stands after a game.

Very true. But I don't recall Dillon being know as lazy and a quitter.

One thing I have never really quite understood is why so many people keep repeating that Corey Dillon had a bad attitude and was a troublemaker, like Dungy implies in the accompanying article. Perhaps it's just one of those things that gets repeated so often that it eventually became accepted as fact.

That's not to say Dillon was a choir boy, because he was not. He was arrested in 2000 on a domestic battery charge. I'm not condoning that; far from it. But stop and think of how many NFL players have been arrested over the years. Does every one of them have the same label pinned on them that Dillon did? Hardly.

The Cincinnati Bengals are one of the NFL's worst run franchises, and because Dillon wanted to win and for the team to improve, somehow that got twisted around as him having a me-first attitude and not being a team player.

Perhaps people look at Moss and say he had a bad attitude before coming to Foxboro, and then when they want to make a point about Belichick having a history of doing this they feel compelled to find a second example - and Dillon, for right or wrong, becomes Exhibit B.

Which would be fine, except that the evidence doesn't back up the accusation.

Dillon was an arss. Plain and simple. And he reverted back to form his last season with us. Same as Moss.

Last edited:
One thing I have never really quite understood is why so many people keep repeating that Corey Dillon had a bad attitude and was a troublemaker, like Dungy implies in the accompanying article. Perhaps it's just one of those things that gets repeated so often that it eventually became accepted as fact.

Dillon went a step beyond Barry Sanders to get off a losing team. Nobody questioned his work ethic or his production. Both hated losing and belonged to organizations that had no prospect of winning. I would view both as disgruntled, differing in that one chose the quiet exit of retirement and the other went with the noisy exit by throwing gear into the stands. The Bengals were already decided on Rudi Johnson, and he didn't intend to remain as a back-up. Ochocinco (please return your name to Johnson) has similarities to Dillon.

Haynesworth and Moss are both mercurial yet talented characters. They don't go full tilt all the time, but are capable of greatness when they do. I viewed T.O. as a more extreme version of Moss in terms of blowing up an organization, and would put Haynesworth on T.O.'s level in terms of damage potential if left unchecked. I have to believe Belichick gave him the "this is your last chance" speech before the trade, as well as the "it's my way or the highway" riot act. I expect Haynesworth, in terms of team dynamic, is a much riskier prospect than Moss ever was.

I never understood how the religions prohibition against judging works. What about actual judges, it's in their job title.

the philosophy is that you will be judged for your eternity......

theoretically, if you don't judge, then your opinion is worthless amongst the talking heads

The judgment talked about in the Bible in this context is not the act of making an informed decision but rather the act of applying punishment (which is reserved for the the institutions of nations, churches and families). I understand that this can be confusing since judgment often means both.

What Tony said is perfectly reasonable and I have no problem with it. Personally, I remain ambivalent about the trade and hope it works out.

The Cincinnati Bengals are one of the NFL's worst run franchises, and because Dillon wanted to win and for the team to improve, somehow that got twisted around as him having a me-first attitude and not being a team player.

I would argue that the only difference between the Bungles and the Redskins is budget.

If Dungy doesn't like him then I like him.

Dungy helped out a dog killer...I don't take anything he says for real

On the other hand,I secretly wonder if Myra had still been here today would Kraft have signed a guy who once purposely stomped on a player's head.

Would her presence to Kraft had made a difference in the end result decision to sign Albert?
...we all know kraft valued Myra's opinions of the type of caliber player to sign in NE.

Last edited:
I could care less what the Pet Killers Mentor has to say !
My dog would love to lift his leg on Dungy !

Last edited:
Therein lies the irony in Dungy's Quiet Strength. He never shuts the f up from his soap box.

I'm sure if you asked coaches around the league they would say the same thing. He's a huge risk character wise, money driven and a me me type player. He really hasn't appeared to be the best human being so far up until recently. I'm sure there isn't one poster on this board that would let him babysit their kids. Just like you wouldn't ask Mike Vick to watch your dog while you go on vacation.

We are a such hiprocrits and I don't care. As long as he stays clean, performs well and does it the Patriot way we will love him. He is a gladiator out for the slaughter and fans will scream for more everytime he sacks, pressures and stuffs the player with the ball. I've always been a fan of the villain as long as he is our villian. I love this ****.

I'm curious as to why Dungy generates so much dislike on this board. As a coach, he's won in two different cities. Outside of football, he does a lot of civic work in the community and in prisons. He clearly feels very strongly about trying to mentor young people. President Bush appointed him to his Council on Service and Civic Participation.

I'm curious as to why Dungy generates so much dislike on this board. As a coach, he's won in two different cities. Outside of football, he does a lot of civic work in the community and in prisons. He clearly feels very strongly about trying to mentor young people. President Bush appointed him to his Council on Service and Civic Participation.
Probably because he picks and chooses reclamation products rather than casting a loving eye across all of those who have offended or are in need of guidance.

Because he's a passive-aggressive, let the inmates run the asylum, HorseFace & Irsay ball-washer who tolerates & enables miscreants in his own organization while disparaging those miscreants, both real & imagined, in other organizations. The comments he made during CameraGate were disgraceful & blatently hypocritical. Eff him, the Mannings & Irsays, and all their hayseed fanboys to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back