PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy has a short memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianAZ

Rookie
Reaction score
Noticed some comments from Tony Dungy as part of HBO's "Costas Now"
interview, in which he stated, after being asked if his handshake with BB was frosty.

"Well, it probably was. But that's Bill. Bill has always been that way with me."

How interesting...as I was watching a replay of the AFC Championship game last year...I noticed that BB actually embraced Dungy, warmly in fact, giving me the feeling he was truly congratulating him, telling him he deserved it, and wishing him well.

Noticed some comments from Tony Dungy as part of HBO's "Costas Now"
interview, in which he stated, after being asked if his handshake with BB was frosty.

"Well, it probably was. But that's Bill. Bill has always been that way with me."

How interesting...as I was watching a replay of the AFC Championship game last year...I noticed that BB actually embraced Dungy, warmly in fact, giving me the feeling he was truly congratulating him, telling him he deserved it, and wishing him well.

Mountain meet molehill.

Meant to reply to this earlier but the game intervened.

There is an old adage "if you can't say anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all".

Dungy would have been wise to have kept this in mind the first time he was asked about spygate, and even wiser to have avoided it in the Costas interview. For a man of conviction and faith, this is unchristian at the very least if not an act of hyprocisy for one who shines in the light of the lord.

And the black mark comment is bogus as well. What does he mean that it was as much for the NFL as any individual? It was a pointed criticism of the Pats and BB, being one of the opening salvos on cheating. He interpreted the infraction as cheating (again not NFL verbage) and then expects a cordial handshake from the person he accuses.

Does he expect everyone to give him hugs even those he has wrongly accused?

I refused to watch the program because Costas is one of the leaders on the anti-patriot crusades. However I cant let TD's comments go. My grandfather had a phrase for people such as Dungy - "nice nasty bugger" and warned me to avoid them above all others.

There is an old adage "if you can't say anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all".

Dungy would have been wise to have kept this in mind the first time he was asked about spygate, and even wiser to have avoided it in the Costas interview. For a man of conviction and faith, this is unchristian at the very least if not an act of hyprocisy for one who shines in the light of the lord.

And the black mark comment is bogus as well. What does he mean that it was as much for the NFL as any individual? It was a pointed criticism of the Pats and BB, being one of the opening salvos on cheating. He interpreted the infraction as cheating (again not NFL verbage) and then expects a cordial handshake from the person he accuses.

I refused to watch the program because Costas is one of the leaders on the anti-patriot crusades. However I cant let TD's comments go. My grandfather had a phrase for people such as Dungy - "nice nasty bugger" and warned me to avoid them above all others.
He did cheat. Why do no pats fans have the intelligence to understand that? Breaking the rules to gain an advantage over the competition is cheating. You cheated.

Well, your grandfather was not a very smart man. Listen, whatever comes out of ANY MOUTH not Patriots, it will be criticized. No one was wrongly accused, he's not holier than thou, he's just a mna, and he knows it. Get off that high horse and move on down the pike.

He did cheat. Why do no pats fans have the intelligence to understand that? Breaking the rules to gain an advantage over the competition is cheating. You cheated.

All teams cheat. Belichick broke a rule regarding camera placement. The infraction was penalized. Nowhere in that infraction was it implied that the penalty was due to CHEATING, but rather the illegal placement of cameras.

:nono: Who struggles with intelligence?

All teams steal signals. All teams try to decipher the signals. The Patriots didn't cheat any more than everyone does. It was the WAY in which they cheated that was illegal, and the fact that they got caught.

:rocker:

Last edited:

But if you're a saint, can't you say whatever you want?

Well, your grandfather was not a very smart man. Listen, whatever comes out of ANY MOUTH not Patriots, it will be criticized. No one was wrongly accused, he's not holier than thou, he's just a mna, and he knows it. Get off that high horse and move on down the pike.

Haha. That's rich. Isn't that exactly what Patriots fans have been saying about Tony Dungy?

Dungy didn't have to open his mouth and give his opinion, let alone become accusatory and self-righteous. His veiled shots at Kraft were childish ("My owner is better than your's!") and unnecessary.

Tony Dungy is a phony, and Buchanty's grandfather is right about phonies.

All teams cheat. Belichick broke a rule regarding camera placement. The infraction was penalized. Nowhere in that infraction was it implied that the penalty was due to CHEATING, but rather the illegal placement of cameras.

All teams steal signals. All teams try to decipher the signals. The Patriots didn't cheat any more than everyone does. It was the WAY in which they cheated that was illegal, and the fact that they got caught.

Err no, you're still wrong. Taking signals wouldn't be cheating as it's not against the rules. Taking the signals the way the Patriots did is. Therefore that is cheating. It's not that hard.

Everytime I hear Dungy give an interview, I feel like I have to take a shower.

What about breaking a camera placement rule that doesn't gain you an advantage? Because Goodell said the Pats gained no competitive advantage...

Sorry to intrude on the billionth Spygate rehash, but I don't think Dungy's comments are a big deal. He said more or less the same thing after the Pats-Colts game and I thought he meant it as a way to downplay the cold handshake as in "Bill's always been that way, this one didn't have any special significance."

Dungy's not stupid, he knows it was different this time because of his Spygate comments, but there's no point in admitting it and inviting more media questions. Better to downplay the whole thing.

My Dad has a word for people like Tony Dungy too....

assshole.

Last edited:

How do you know anyone gained an advantage?

Since every team can get the same information from other sources, a team would only get an advantage if it could use the video during the game.
It would be extremly difficult to analize that video during a 20 minute halftime. The home team could possibly have someone analyzing the video in real time, but during an away game, what real advantage is there?

Maybe BB will let us know after he retires.

Give up it, man. You are talking to trolls. They understand as well as you. They are not nearly as stupid as they sound. They are merely here to say anything negative they can, whether it makes sense or not, and to disrupt discussion as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes