Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dungy & Colts -- Dirty Team?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Truck, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truck

Truck Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last week against us,
    When the game was over, the d-line was illegally simulating the snap count. The only thing possible that could screw the Patriots up.

This week against the Chargers, the O-Line on the field goal attempt was attempting to draw the defense offsides by illegal movement. Then, when the refs, correctly, called the false start, they whine about it to the refs & in the press.

Colts new motto -- "Try illegal moves to help win the game, and if the refs call it, whine about the refs"

What else have they done against the other teams? (not even counting the obvious pumping crowd noise).

I got no problem with players who push the limit on rules. But those players shouldn't whine about it when they knowingly, obviously cross the line.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  2. skspikex2

skspikex2 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

You again? Back from the dead:rolleyes:

3. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You dunce, he wasn't flagged for going in motion, he was flagged for simulating the snap. He threw his head back like he was setting up to block before he came off the line of scrimmage, making it look like the ball had been snapped. Now go back to dreaming that Manning is the best quarterback ever and fellating your brother, or whatever it is hicks like you do.

4. nowayback

nowayback Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

once the te was set...he was not allowed to get up in a quick manor...mimicking a snap....he could only get up in a slow motion...thats the rule. getting up quick implies snap.

5. sarge

sarge Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

They said he simulated the snap, which he did.

they didn't call false start.

Utech jumped up like the play had started and then got back in his stances trying to play it off like he was just in motion.

He clearly jumped up quickly to simulate the snap. You know it as well as did everyone who saw the Play.

It was pretty disgusting that Dungy tried arguing the point.

It was obvious Utech's immediate action was acting like the ball had been snapped, NOT going in motion.

I'm just stunned the refs didn't give it to the Colts anyway.

6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

the colts have been doing this for years....remember them going no huddle to mess up substitutions and get 12 men on the field???

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think it's dirty per se, though given the infractions the Pats have seen called dirty for, it's only par for the course, but it is illegal.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/playersubs

8. Stratos

Stratos Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets not forget about Brady faking spiking the ball and throwing a TD, or the legwhip.. Come on guys... Every team tries to get the upper hand to win. Give it a rest. They all do it. I don't remember anyone saying the Patriots were a dirty team. I am pretty sure the Colts fans don't think the Patriots are dirty. They call you many names, but dirty is not one of them.

Now the Broncos - that is a different story....

9. Double G

Double G In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Since you're a Colts fan, enlighten me.

What do Colts fans call us, I'm all ears............

10. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this like a new revelation?

The Colts cheat on every play. Every play. Every single play.

The Oline holds in every play in every game, and the refs let it go, especially since the bully Polian changed the rule to make it hard to call holding. But they did it before that in every game we have played them.

The Colts pass interfere constantly, with no flags ever. The WRs push off, like Wayne, and there is never a flag. Sanders leads with his helmet on every play, no flag.

Dungy would have to be clinically brain dead not to realize how much his players cheat.

Maybe he is just too saintly to get involved in earthly matters.

This crap would end instantly if the refs did their job. And the Colts would be exposed as the frauds they are. We spend half our energy overcoming bad calls every time we play the Colts, and at the same time they are cheating away like crazy.

11. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Didn't Billick, after Dungy got all moral over BB and spygate, comment on the hypocrisy of Saint Dungy's team simulating the snap count?

The rules clearly say defenders can't mess with the snap count yet the Colts do it regularly because it isn't called (sounds a lot like 2003 and defensive interference, doesn't it?). The rules also clearly say that you can't fake a snap (and anyone with eyes knows that is exactly what the TE was doing. The way he pulled up looked like he was pass blocking and is in no way a natural way to step backwards). It got called.

Can someone please explain to me how the "leg-whip" was dirty. I've seen this quite a few times and it still doesn't make sense.

A guy got clearly beaten. He tried to trip the guy who beat him so he wouldn't take a shot at the QB. He was penalized for it.

How is this any different than when someone holds or commits pass interference? He committed an offense in order to hinder his opponent. The rules account for it.

It isn't cheating (unless we want to start calling holding cheating). It isn't dangerous. It was a penalty.

12. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is all true.
    Well, maybe not quite ALL of it ...
    but i couldn't suggest what isn't.

However the frosting on the cake always is
    The Whining.
    The perpetual ... unceasing ... whining.
    From their superlative quarterback ... thru their sanctimonious, hypocritical coach ...
    to their devastatingly effective, personally contemptible, GM whom i'd love to have working for us
    if we didn't have better.

Top to bottom, the Indy Angels may be
    the whiniest organization in all of big-time sports.
    It's their logo ... their signature ... their relentless stock in trade.

13. pwes

pwes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +398 / 4 / -0

Disable Jersey

That was the Jets not the Colts.

14. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks. I get my hated organizations confused apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.