PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy: Brady has had a better career than Manning

Gee, ya think Tony? It is like saying Emmit Smith had a better career than Marshall Faulk. Thanks!

Can't believe this is still a question after Brady led a under talented injured team to the AFC Championship game and Manning made a fool out of himself in the biggest game.

Can't believe this is still a question after Brady led a under talented injured team to the AFC Championship game and Manning made a fool out of himself in the biggest game.

Dungy's not saying Brady's the better QB. I doubt many people, even Manning honks, would argue that Manning's had the better career.

Who are the QBs that have had a better career than Brady? I would say Montana, but am having a hard time saying anyone else. Bradshaw has the additional ring but doesn't have the numbers or accolades otherwise. Pre-Superbowl teams weren't as QB-centric so I am not sure if a Starr or Graham qualify. Anyone I am missing?

This not about the Captain Obvious statement - it's about it was said by Peyton's longtime coach.

Dungy is a class act and look forward to seeing him one day in the HoF.

Bradshaw has the additional ring but doesn't have the numbers or accolades otherwise.

The 1st two SB wins the Steelers won on a running game while Bradshaw drove the bus (maybe more.) The last two SB wins in the 70's it was definitely on his arm when the NFL was in the early stages of opening up the passing game.

I don't care what anybody thinks or doesn't think (which most of this crap is an example of). I would NEVER want a finger pointing, look at me, country cornpone sexual assaultist as the face of the franchise I root for. I am perfectly content with Tom Brady and his career with MY NEP and look forward to the day he's enshrined in the PATRIOTS HALL OF FAME right next to Grogs the Great. The rest of the scumbag haters and Joey Porters can ES&D eternally for all I care.

With all the weapons talk going on this week between the two QB's.....I decided to take a closer look at just the WR /TE position going back to 2001.

Brady's #1 draft pick pass catcher total out to a whooping 11.5 years

Gramm known for his run blocking......5 years
Watson.....4 years
Moss......2.5 years

Manning's #1 draft picks end up at 34 years

Harrison - 11 years
Wayne - 11 years
Clark - 8 years
Gonzalas - 2 years
D. Thomas 2 years

I'm not sure what is more alarming? The fact that Manning has clearly had better talent to throw to or the incredible stability at the position for him

The whole thing is a pathetic conversation. If it wasn't for a dishonest, controversy hungry media utterly lacking in integrity, Brady v Peyton isn't even a discussion.

8 AFC Championship games, 5 Conference Titles, and 3 Superbowl rings,
vs.
Mr. One and Done.

The only person Brady should ever be compared to is Montana.

The fact that we have to sit through this many years of this is insulting.
When Manning retires, this conversation will end.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Nobody remembers records, because they don't really #$@&ing matter.
10 years after Brady and Manning retire, Brady will have his historical due.

Future generations with no emotional investment will literally LAUGH at someone trying to tell them Mr 1&Done is the GOAT with his 1 championship. Believe it.

8 AFC Championships. The nation should seriously let that sink in.

8 times the entire country watched Brady play for the right to go to the Superbowl, 5 times they've seen him go, and 3 times he's come away with it. He played like a warrior in all 5.

If the AFC was a movie, Brady is the main character.

Peyton Manning the Manchurian Quarterback can FO

With all the weapons talk going on this week between the two QB's.....I decided to take a closer look at just the WR /TE position going back to 2001.

Brady's #1 draft pick pass catcher total out to a whooping 11.5 years

Gramm known for his run blocking......5 years
Watson.....4 years
Moss......2.5 years

Manning's #1 draft picks end up at 34 years

Harrison - 11 years
Wayne - 11 years
Clark - 8 years
Gonzalas - 2 years
D. Thomas 2 years

I'm not sure what is more alarming? The fact that Manning has clearly had better talent to throw to or the incredible stability at the position for him

Not only that, but Manning always had a pretty good RB. Didn't Addai carry that offense in his SB year playoff run?

3 TDs to 7 Picks in that playoff run.

manning's had better players around and still chokes in the playoffs.

even with another SB, manning still isn't close to tommy.:) he will never erase the 9 one and dones, also last years sb collapse!!:D mannings played in 3 sb's and hasn't played particularly well in any.

Not only that, but Manning always had a pretty good RB. Didn't Addai carry that offense in his SB year playoff run?

3 TDs to 7 Picks in that playoff run.
Manning was very average during that 2006 SB run. In his defense, he played against the #1, #2, #3 and #18 in defensive passer rating.

Manning was very average during that 2006 SB run. In his defense, he played against the #1, #2, #3 and #18 in defensive passer rating.

The all time great Peyton Manning should be able to at least go even in TD/INT especially with the run game he had. :rolleyes:

Water is wet

This is a false statement. An object that comes into contact water results in wetness. Water itself doesn't have a wet quality.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back