Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dumpster Diving behind an ACORN Office

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Nov 26, 2009.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

This should be interesting, just before J Brown and the GA's office went to pay ACORN a visit, a conservative PI staked out their office. When he observed the ACORNites dumping docs at midnight, he grabbed 20k docs.

Sound like G Beck has material for the next few week, allegedly some interesting stuff.

Big Government Blog Archive What Happens When a PI Dumpster Dives Behind a San Diego ACORN Office?

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Should be exciting. Can't wait to see what they find. ACORN is going to have to learn quickly to develop more of a corporate mentality with the way it manages. They are way to transparent and don't even think with the sort of cynicism and paranoia that the fuels much of the right wing. It's interesting to see how there's a right wing Gestapo now that really invades privacy to achieve if its aims. It's a very effective, but truly offensive, tactic.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

When in doubt, blame the right.

When that doesn't work, blame the right again.

Same song, different tune. Same broken record playing again :rolleyes:

Amazingly, you manage to whine about the action but ignore what was found and WHY it was done in the first place...instead, just complain about the right instead of addressing the facts :rolleyes:

Perfectly legal for them to do what they did, in fact a Supreme Court ruling supports their right to dumpster dive and take their trash.

One of the responses to that blog post had something very juicy- they may have broken an important law by not properly disposing of personal information in their attempt to avoid the upcoming inspection :rolleyes:
  5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Actually when you throw out your trash, it is no longer protected by privacy (settled law on this one California v. Greenwood, 486 U.S. 35 (1988)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Fourth Amendment does not prohibit the warrantless search and seizure of garbage left for collection outside the curtilage of a home.It is an even lower stadnard when an individual and not the state gets the abandoned garbage ) and anyone can take the garbage from the curb. As a result, many states have laws instructing what to do with documents that have important confidential information. The snapshots I have seen of the trash included many social security numbers and dates of birth. In other words, they improperly disposed of and likely broke th elaw in dumping the trah. Most reasonable businesses shred those type of documents

Pdf of the law here: http://www.taxnewsandtips.com/ab_2246_bill.pdf

More info here: California Shredding Laws

If anybody was invading privacy, it was ACORN for their sloppy lackadaisical handling of protected information.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    Wonder if Orly took a swan into that one. ;)
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

yeah ACORN could be prosecuted by the state for how they handled the docs, the people whose private information was released improperly by ACORN could also sue ACORN.

The big part will be the exposure of their methods and connections. This will IMO blow apart the myth that just a few rouge elements are the criminals as opposed to the whole rotten criminal enterprise.

Between this and the emails put on the web by the (likely) whistleblower in the climategate matter this is a banner week in the fight against fraud and corruption. ;)
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I love the fervor to prosecute ACORN, wish the wealth was shared by Xe, Haliburton and Wackenhut to name a few... have to keep in mind that this agency has gotten 53 million since 1992...

No one knows how many billions the above defense agencies have gotten, and all they have done is cover up rapes, stolen, gouged prices, had sex parties in the Afghan embassy... the world is so out of whack it is unbelievable..

Do you find it odd that ACORN throws its garbage out in bags labeled ACORN... seems a bit strange.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Great wonderful post 13, you are the greatest mod of all time...
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Criminal enterprise....:rofl: The latest entry from the Poly forums resident drama queen.

Darryls right, you guys complain about ACORN takeing millions when Co's like Haliburton KBR are scamming Billions, Where's your rightious indignation for them?
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

Nah - not strange at all, DarrylS. Street-savvy hardened criminals who know all the tricks and have clearly been playing the system for years always neatly package and carefully label all of the evidence of their wrongdoing before gathering it all together and placing it in a public area just outside their office.

They most especially do it when they're being investigated and under survaillance.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Hey lookie there! Look at what they are doing, don't pay attention to what is happening over here!

The all deserve attention for fraud :rolleyes:

Not odd at all considering how some communities and counties have strict trash requirements...:rolleyes:
  13. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

"The best place to hide something is in plain sight." :rolleyes:
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think a pattern is beginning to emerge -- hacking emails, rummaging through garbage, entrapping people (as they did with a couple ACORN activists). I did not mean to imply it's illegal, I'm merely talking about the tactic. ACORN was certainly wrong for not shredding confidential info, and as I said they are going to have to develop a more corporate mentality and not be so transparent. I bet that ACORN office did not employ the sort of cynics who think someone will go through their garbage.
  15. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You are doing the old sleight of hand...focus on one, draw attention from the other.

Complain about the divers, avoid talking about what they found...:rolleyes:

In other words, don't get caught dumping trash to avoid search and seizure by the state next time...do what the CEOs do and shred and burn damaging files before dumping their trash :rolleyes:

Back to deflecting again :rolleyes:
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm not worried about what they found, though private info certainly should have been shredded as a matter of course.

You're assuming there are smoking guns in that trash. I'm assuming not. Time will tell. Until that happens, there are only two issues: ACORN's careless handling of people's confidential info (I don't know if that's illegal) and the right's use of hacking, going through trash, and entrapping in an attempt to discredit people. If terrorist plans are turned up in that trash, then we'll be thankful to the right even if we don't like their methods.

I suppose if the right is capable of championing torture and condemning empathy, I should not be surprised by anything they do.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

There appears to be some type of belief that ACORN is a bad, evil organization.. in reality it is a poor person's network... as much as the right wants to demonize it, in reality all they are doing is alienating the folks who see the Republican Party that is out of touch with the growing poor.

Comparatively speaking there has been minimal criminal action of this agency, particularly as it is more of a federation of organizations... but the right has killed it. They have not been convicted of any crimes, all the while Haliburton builds military housing in Iraq that killed soldiers and then covered up a gang rape of a female employee, Xe's leader Erik Prince if under indictment for murder, Wackenhut's security guards had sex parties in Afghanistan and their is no outrage... there has been fuel gouging by Haliburton... but there is silence over the billions wasted... guess folks think that this is ok.

When it comes to voting, the eal threat to democracy is the nonstop campaign by the G.O.P. and its supporters to disenfranchise American citizens who have every right to cast a ballot. We saw this in 2000. We saw it in 2004. Consider telling people to vote on a different day last election and the previous shenanigans in NH.. the reality is that ACORN has never been implicated in any Voter Fraud....but it makes great circle jerk material for the right.

ACORN will not survive, but there will be something to replace it... and all the right is doing is distancing itself from the poor and showing that their interest is in destruction of systems that are designed to help those who are less fortunate...

The PI dumpster dived, took the documents shared it with Breitbart, instead of turning it over to the police or AG... if you know of a crime you have the first responsiblity to report it, if there was something criminal here it has lost its credibility as the "chain of evidence" has been broken.. anyone who knows anything about rules of evidence knows that.. all an attorney has to do is show that it various people had access to the information and the information will be deemed worthless.. it could show a grand conspiracy of the grandest conspiracy, but as it was not handled appropriately by law enforcement folks it really means nothing.. all an attorney has to do s that the chain of custody was broken, left unguarded or anyone had access to the info it gets thrown out and will be useless in a court of law... but it makes for great hysteria..

This stuff is better suited for TMZ, than for national politics... reminds me of the paparazzi stuff...
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Prob not no mention of BC records. :D
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I wonder why the Liberals love and coddle The Acorns.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  20. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I had a multi-part reply ripping apart your quotes but my computer died on me and refused to get online again so I'll leave you at your word on our tit for tat...
  21. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

There is no love of coddling, just the truth... why do the right love woman raping haliburton, price gouging haliburton, crappy building that kills gi's haliburton, head of the organization that is under indictment for murder Xe, Afghanistan folks contracted to protect US embassy playing sex games Wackenhut...

Why does the right love these organizations when they commit crimes and defraud the government?? Why Harry do you love them so?? Then why do you hate an organization that has never been convicted of any criminal activity except in the court of Fox News??
  22. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I have often said on here "why doesn't our new beautiful President Get Rid of these Raping pirce gouging Haliburton Bastards, many people voted for this little tin god believeing he was an "ANTI WAR PRESIDENT" yet the wars go on, Gitmo is still serving up Lemon Chicken and now the ANTI WAR DEMOCRATS are coming up with a new one A WAR TAX, a new tax to fund the wars so more Americans can die in what used to be called "Bad Bush Wars" but now have suddenly become "Good Obama Wars" we will never win in Afganistan never, The Savage Allah will just keep killing our American Troops and now the Phony Democrat Scumsuckers are going to create a WAR TAX to send more of our young soldiers Over To Die.

THIS PRESIDENT IS JUST AS BIG OF A ROTTEN SCUMBAG AS THE HATED BUSH WAS, THE CHANGE ALL OF HIS SLOBBERING GROUPIES WERE CHEERING ABOUT HAS NEVER HAPPENED, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.
  23. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You are lying, you haven't often said this... you have recently said it, because Obama is the Prez... but when Bush was the Prez you loved the war in Iraq and all its trimmings... every day when someone brought up Iraq or the fraud you would say..

Get Bush, Bad Bush, Get Bush

Remember?????????
  24. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Of course I remember because that is exactly what they were doing "Get Bush" now Bush is gone and nothing has changed but they are all SILENT.

I gave up on Bush when he unashamedly joined Crazy McCain and all the Democrats when they did absolutely NOTHING about The Invasion Of America By 12 Million Criminal Illegal Aliens..

The "Get Bush" thing was my way of showing the Hypocrisy of the dirty phony Anti War Protesters it was by no means support for Bush, Bush left me with his love affair with Illegal Aliens.

War Under Bush
    War Protesters "Get Bush"

Same War Under Obama
    War Protesters "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
  25. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

My Jersey:

Acorn is an organization that we are quickly learning needs to be blown up and and destroyed. "Grass-roots" my 4ss. It's an orgainization that is full of scummy, low-lifes who actually believe they now have a hand in running our gov't.

No American wants them to be associated with any of our politicians.
  26. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

My Jersey:

Darryl....I really believe you're WAaayyy off base on the above. No one likes or wants companies like Haliburton no matter what party they are from....

AND....no one wants organizations like Acorn running around in our cities convinced they have a hand in what our gov't is doing.

I put them both in similar classes....no one wants them class.
  27. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If you read my posts, my issue is simple... ACORN has not been convicted of any crimes.. but lost their funding and been tried in the court of Fox News... all the while our defense contractors kill, defraud, rape, have sex parties in the embassies and there is little press, no efforts by our folks inside the beltway to stop their funding... and we do not even know how much money is being given to them.. some estimate the 10's of billions... all the while the press chooses to demonize an agency that has gotten no more than 53 million since 1992...

It is hypocrisy, pure and simple..

Have said before that ACORN is dead, but all this is doing is alienating poor folks from the Republicans... and the Republicans do not realize how much they need them.
  28. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

My Jersey:

Ok, I agree totally with your assessment of Halliburton...no issues there. To me, it was pretty clear that Acorn members were guilty as charged and as proved ON VIDEO.

Personally, I WANT my fellow citizens trying to catch organizations like Acorn stealing our tax dollars. I'd also like to see a MAJOR investigation into all companies that have benefitted from the war in Iraq.

And I agree that one is worse than the other with Halliburton being the one and Acorn being the other.
  29. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Guess due process is not important than, did you ever hear of entrapment and chain of evidence???... it is not that simple... ACORN's biggest offense is that they are dumb and do not understand the new rules of the right...but when they are reborn, they will come back more savvy in the new rules of politics...

None of the stuff shown so far would ever stand up in a court of law, but they have been convicted by TMZ/Fox...

The reality is that in all of this if there was evidence of wrongdoing it should have first gone to law enforcement and then to TMZ/Fox... not the other way around.. the reality is that any of this stuff could have been tinkered with and taken out of context...
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  30. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

Haliburton
    Are they still in business, if so why, we now have "The Bush Hater Administration" running the show why are they keeping Bad Bush's Policys In Place, WHY---

Isn't there supposed to be a Change We Can All Believe In, when will this wonderful change take place, oh God, Yes We Can.

:confused: