PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dumervil going to Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
that formula worked for the 07 giants

And the 11' guants. However, dumerville is the only true pass good rusher of that front. Ngata is just a space occupier.

Yes, but name their starting safeties and ILBs. I bet you can't without looking it up.

Except I already pointed to MLB....

...and it's not like every D features "name" players at every position, either.

Yes, but name their starting safeties and ILBs. I bet you can't without looking it up.

Right now it is Byrnes and Ayanbadejo as the middle linebackers and Ihedigbo and Considine as the safeties.

So replacing Lewis, Ellerbe, Reed and Pollard will either be jags or rookies

But we should just agree with him because that is clearly a wash.

Except I already pointed to MLB....

...and it's not like every D features "name" players at every position, either.

It isn't that they have a name player at every position, they might have the waterboy and cheerleaders playing ILBs and safeties. It isn't that they have a workman type of player like the Pats have in say Ninovich. They have back up quality players playing both ILB positions and both safety positions right now. They had problems at ILB when Ray Ray went down last year because they had no one who could step up and start next to Ellerbee inside. Now they have to replace both ILB positions.

that formula worked for the 07 giants

Barely. People forget that the Giants weren't a very good regular season team during either of their Super Bowl runs. They got hot in the playoffs. The Ravens will still need to make the playoffs to get hot again in the playoffs.

It isn't that they have a name player at every position, they might have the waterboy and cheerleaders playing ILBs and safeties. It isn't that they have a workman type of player like the Pats have in say Ninovich. They have back up quality players playing both ILB positions and both safety positions right now. They had problems at ILB when Ray Ray went down last year because they had no one who could step up and start next to Ellerbee inside. Now they have to replace both ILB positions.

Except you are ignoring the fact that their defensive problems weren't just due to losing Ray; but also a still-injured Suggs and losing Webb. The latter two will be fine next year.

Their lack of personnel is being blown way out of proportion. Sure, it's a problem at MLB, but the sky isn't falling in Balt.

We use a 3-4 defense Dumervil isnt playing DL. He will play the role of Paul Kruger and can give Suggs some snaps off as well.

I think Ngata moves to NT and our DL will be:

A.Jones/Spears - Ngata - Canty/McPhee

LBs:

Upshaw/Dumervil - McClellan - McClain/Bynes or draft pick - Suggs/Dumervil

CBs:

Webb - J.Smith - Graham

Safeties:

no clue...lol....looks like Huff or name FA is likely out now...Ihedigbo probably? Christian Thompson? Omar Brown? draft pick?

Our defense will not be any worse, unless like someone here already said, they are leaderless and disorganized. Talentwise they really will not be any worse overall, and better in the trenches.

Good for the Ravens. I can't say I'm a fan of Dumervil at that price but reports of their demise are over exaggerated. Ozzie Newsome is a very good GM.

Except you are ignoring the fact that their defensive problems weren't just due to losing Ray; but also a still-injured Suggs and losing Webb. The latter two will be fine next year.

Their lack of personnel is being blown way out of proportion. Sure, it's a problem at MLB, but the sky isn't falling in Balt.

There were a lot of problems with the defense. And they did struggle much more when Ray Ray went out (they were 5-5 with Lewis out and 5-1 with him in during the regular season and 9-1 with him if you include the playoffs). And it isn't just Ray Ray who is gone now. It is four starters in the center of the field.

Also, their offense is depleted too. They have to hope that Torrey Smith shows up more than the 4-5 games a season he has been showing up thus far. The fact that he didn't show up for the playoffs other than two passes in Denver is disconcerning.

I didn't think the Ravens were all that good last year. They got hot at the right time and excelled on emotion (which will be depleted without Ray Ray). They really had no right to win the Super Bowl on talent alone. I think they lucked out to be in an overrated division.

Right now it is Byrnes and Ayanbadejo as the middle linebackers and Ihedigbo and Considine as the safeties.

So replacing Lewis, Ellerbe, Reed and Pollard will either be jags or rookies

But we should just agree with him because that is clearly a wash.

0% chance Considine starts, imo.

1% chance Ayanbadejo starts, imo.

Any depth chart that indicates that is outdated.

0% chance Considine starts, imo.

1% chance Ayanbadejo starts, imo.

Any depth chart that indicates that is outdated.

100% chance a JAG or rookie starts over them. Also known as 100% chance of suck with a chance for murder because its Baltimore.

Good for the Ravens. I can't say I'm a fan of Dumervil at that price but reports of their demise are over exaggerated. Ozzie Newsome is a very good GM.

I don't think they will be 6-10, but I also don't think they will be a legitimate Super Bowl contender either. But the Ravens have gone sub-.500 a few times with Newsome over the last decade.

I don't think they will be 6-10, but I also don't think they will be a legitimate Super Bowl contender either. But the Ravens have gone sub-.500 a few times with Newsome over the last decade.

Cause they had Kyle Boller at QB.

You do? They still have gaping holes in half their defense. This move puts last years #1 on the bench and leave nothing at ILB or S. Possibly their 4 most effective players on defense last year are gone with no replacement.
The are also down a starting Lt and #1 WR.
They were 10-6 last year, it would be a miracle to get back to it.

They were 10-6 and still won the SB so record means nothing. Giants beat us twice in the SB. They were 9-7 and 10-6 and we were 16-0 and 13-3.

100% chance a JAG or rookie starts over them. Also known as 100% chance of suck with a chance for murder because its Baltimore.

Not even close to 100%, then again, I am not exactly sure how you are defining JAG, lol.

McClellan is good. Bynes is decent. They are like Ellerbe was before he was allowed to start, unknown but decent. If there is a position where we tend to have a good farm system it is LB.

Safety is a bigger concern. Ihedigbo is sketchy, but so was Pollard in coverage. Free safety is where a rookie and/or a 'JAG' might be starting. Of course, we could somehow manage Huff, if he comes cheap, but I doubt it.

Not even close to 100%, then again, I am not exactly sure how you are defining JAG, lol.

McClellan is good. Bynes is decent. They are like Ellerbe was before he was allowed to start, unknown but decent. If there is a position where we tend to have a good farm system it is LB.

Safety is a bigger concern. Ihedigbo is sketchy, but so was Pollard in coverage. Free safety is where a rookie and/or a 'JAG' might be starting. Of course, we could somehow manage Huff, if he comes cheap, but I doubt it.

I was reading last year that Ngata was hurting all over and was considering retirement.

What's your take?

Cause they had Kyle Boller at QB.

Still don't know if Flacco is all that great. He played well in thr playoffs, but he still is not a great QB.

I was reading last year that Ngata was hurting all over and was considering retirement.

What's your take?

He was definitely hurting, that's for sure. He plays too many snaps, imo. And last year we had absolutely horrible NTs in Kemoeatu and Cody, so Ngata would get doubled every play and tripled on a bunch of plays.

He did have some half-joking, half-serious comment about how he would retire before playing to the point where his long term health was jeopardized (though he seemed to be talking about knees, etc, not concussions, but who knows). But I think that was just talk.

He will play this year, after that who knows, his salary cap hits for 2014 and 2015 are such that another injury-riddled year might mean his release. Then again, I am hoping they dial down his snaps this year to something more manageable. I don't know how Wilfork does it. Like Ngata, he plays such a high percentage of snaps, it is insane; and he is none the worse for wear, unlike Ngata at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes