Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dumbing Down Of America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 4, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Schools kids have sex in school, they have blow-jobs on the school bus, they beat the sh!t out of each other in school, they smoke pot and shove cocaine up their noses when they are on recess, and they can buy hand-guns in the school yard.

Now some whack job, batty eyed, over educated screwball save the whalers are going reach out and help them,
    "THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THEM TO DRINK GINGER ALE WHILE ON SCHOLL PROPERTY" :bricks:
    :singing: :singing: :singing:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/03/D8HCKE980.html
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +260 / 10 / -11

Are you a dentist?
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, but he was personally affected by the dumbing down of America.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I admit it :bricks:
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

WOW, are you out of touch!
    This is an area of my expertise, as I presided over a number of school lunch programs. First, the main reason why there were "coke" machines in schools were because they were big time money makers. The recipient of this cash revenue were usually principles or some type of football club (I guess in geographic locations where basketball is king, then basketball clubs). There is a huge problem with obesity in our country. Drinking soda does not help and provides no nutritional value. The new laws state that the machines must carry some type of fruit juices. What part of this troubles you Harry? In addition, another problem that is happening in schools is incorporating the fast food markets (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc) into the cafeteria. Basically, the schools are lazy and outsourcing to these companies does nothing but increase the problem of obesity. Most schools should have no problem balancing their food budgets, as a matter of fact many food programs are cash cows. The problem is they have employees who are inept or as previously mentioned, lazy. Oh, and as far as carrying guns in schools, No. Unfortunately, some get through. How many schools are there in your community, town, state, country? Now tell me how many a day you hear about a gun being brought to school? Care to discuss free lunches in school?
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

I never said they carry the guns in school, I said "THEY BUY THEM IN THE SCHOOL YARD"

I wasn't talking About the Coca Cola company either, I was pointing out the Looney Hypocrisy of banning a bottle of ginger ale in school but they don't dare go after the liitle darlings that are shoving Coke up their nose in the mens room.

Do some of you people really think you are going to stop Kids From Drinking Soda

Remember the Ding Dongs that throw the blame on McDonalds because fat people are fat.

If McDonalds makes you fat and you don't want to be fat, then stay the f-ck out of McDonalds.

When the kids get home from school there is a six pack of Pepsi in the refrigerator waiting for them.

I'm skinny and I like McDonalds.
    Last edited: May 4, 2006
  7. phantom73

phantom73 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just out of morbid curiousity, do you have any evidence of thise kids shoving cocaine up their noses when they are on recess, or buying hand guns in the school yard?

Second of all, you do realize that the kids can drink whatever they want on school property, that the only the school is only not going to sell it to them? You realize that, right?

Lastly, you also realize that this was a decision by soda companies as a PR move, right?

did you even read the article you're linking to?
  8. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

You are kidding correct? I'm not a harry defender, but seriously that question is an oxymoron!
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's been fun, see ya folks in a few weeks, I'm off to Amsterdam.
  10. phantom73

phantom73 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am dead serious - if someone is going to make a statement like that, i would think, that, as a responsible intelligent adult, they would have some evidence or proof to back it up

i'd just like to see that evidence
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Light one up for me!:)
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No kidding, and give us a full report when you come back.
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Here is the bottom line. No, banning soda in school will not stop kids from drinking soda. Though, it will help. Banning McDonald's from schools helps in countering obesity. The problem today is that in many instances both the parents work, when they get home it is so easy to grab something in the fast food industry. The "ding dongs" are the ones who contract McDonald's into school food service. It is a fact that these foods are unhealthy and highly fat in content. Thus, the parents have to do their part, but lets not give the schools permission to exaggerate the problem.
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Somehow I survived school without consuming all that caloric crap. I don't see why public schools need to be recruiting venues for bad nutrition. Good move.