PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dumbest reason for a holdout EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this guy is taking professional advice from a cousin of his, and is basing his negotiations on mock drafts. I guess when it comes time for a contract extension Crabtree will probably trot out fantasy football numbers and statistics.

If he is actually going to hold out the entire season look at this: he can't work out for other teams, which means he can't improve his stock if he wants to re-enter the draft.

What's next? A guy holding out because he had a great season on Madden '09???

Says he wants fair market value ... but there is no market. The only possible buyer are the 49ers. If he thinks he's going to be a top-10 pick next year after spending a year on the couch, he's insane.

He has to be one of the dumbest people on the face of the planet. I wonder if BB would have taken him if he was in a position to do so?

If hes going by mock drafts maybe he should hit th eteam that was suposse to draft him for the cash.

Last edited:
If hes going by mock drafts maybe he should hit th eteam that was suposse to draft him for the cash.

That would be hilarious - not only would Al Davis refuse to pay him, he would "cut" Crabtree and then sue him for the money remaining on his contract!

He's the WR version of Deangelo Hall, swears up and down he's great because ESPN sucks his **** constantly. Absolutely funny he is negotiating this way, what a moron and I knew he'd be a greedy, egotistical punk.

Do you think the 49ers would be more willing to give him the money if it wasn't for the injury?

I personally think it matters. If it wasn't for the injury he would of be drafted in picks 5-7. He would of got the money he wanted. Maybe he needs the money because he already spent it

LMAO. It would be hilarious if the 49ers didn't pay him, let him go into the draft next season, and drafted him again.

The sad thing is, the Niners will probably give in and pay him what he's demanding.

This just shows why character is so important to football, sometimes it matters even more than talent.

Says he wants fair market value ... but there is no market. The only possible buyer are the 49ers. If he thinks he's going to be a top-10 pick next year after spending a year on the couch, he's insane.

If they sign him, its a good negotiating tactic. This entire period is just about the player getting as much money as possible.

Mike Singletary is a man I admire alot. I can really see him accepting Crabtree's attitude, demands and totaly welcoming him to the team. Infact he might just throw him a party...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes