PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dumb cliches football fans use

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all have come up with some really great ones already, but this one is my favorite dumb announcer line:

(After team has won 14 games in a row...)

"Well, I am picking the other team because it's really hard to win 15 games in a row."

I'll start it off with:
"Our players are hungry this year."
I haven't seen this one yet: WE DIDN'T MAKE ENOUGH PLAYS....Which leads to I OR, WE HAVE TO STEP UP AND MAKE A PLAY,OR PLAY'S.
I know these were mentioned,but it was a cleshe-athon when I lived in Pittsburgh in the early ninties.After every Steeler game there was a 2-3 hour post game show. And the Steelers never lost to the better team.The better team didn't win, the Steelers came out flat,or didn't play their best game,or didn't take the other team seriously etc. It was never as simple as the Steelers just sucked at that time.

Last edited:
We can't afford to look ahead cuz if we do, it's gonna be a long day. I have tremendous respect for their (Browns, Lions, Raiders, etc.) football team, and on any given Sunday, they can put a good lickin' on us...

How about: "We got outplayed and outcoached. We just need to play better and coach better."

Another one I REALLY am tired of: "He has great upside." Since when was "potential" removed from the dictionary?

Last edited:
We can't afford to look ahead cuz if we do, it's gonna be a long day. I have tremendous respect for their (Browns, Lions, Raiders, etc.) football team, and on any given Sunday, they can put a good lickin' on us...

So we better show up. We gotta take it one game at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots