Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dubai Deal Off

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Mar 10, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is how out of touch Congress is:

''I've never seen a clearer demonstration of the will of the American people," said Peter King, Republican of New York and the House Homeland Security chairman, a leading critic of the deal. ''This was definitely a result of the American people forcing the Congress to respond as we did."

"Forcing Congress"? They actually thought this would have been OK had it not been caught by the press and reacted to by the People. Would they have even noticed? Why did us schmucks figure this was so bad and they had no clue? And don't think the Dems had a clue either. They would have let this slide too if they hadn't seen political advantage to it. They couldn't even force a vote quickly enough to reap the political capital on their own...the Republicans beat them to it and held their flank. And the chimp slips through another one.

The cynic in me can't resist the idea that as this was unfolding, when the Rove WhiteHouse sniffed out big trouble (when was that?), they went to Congressional majority leaders and told them to jump out in front on the opposition to the deal. Frist & Co. must have been horrified at first, opposing the chimp and all, but received assurance from the lizard people that Dubai was going to opt out anyway as a favor to Bush's wayward son. The problem goes away. Just a rambling conspiracy theory fa yiz.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Guess all that Capital that George was bragging about has been squandered. Have to wonder what has been snuck by us while this has been the center of attention.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The American people many times sit back and let themselves be slapped around by a President or those slimey back stabbing crooked politicians but I knew the people would never let them get away with this one (The Ports) we have already Dealt with the Arabs & Their Religion on 9/11, the people have not forgotten regardless of how hard the Far Left Liberals have tried to make us "forget".

Now the people should go to work on the ILLEGAL ALIENS, keep them out, if the Mexicans wish to work and live in this country then make them come legally as our ancestors did. PUT THE TROOPS ON THE BORDERS WITH LOADED GUNS.
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why did George Bush allow the Dubai deal in the FIRST PLACE??

Why did George Bush COMPROMISE THE SECURITY OF OUR COUNTRY?

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I am a "Far Right Neo Con" and I can't understand it, Bush is going nuts with the Illegal Aliens & The Arabs (the liberals love him on the illegal aliens).

Bush needed a "rectum kicking" and he got it, the people have spoken.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

When this port deal 1st was announced, I along with the anti-Bush get-a-lifers here opposed the deal. Unlike those extremists here some with 3 initials in their screen name who said it would go through and we couldn't stop the all-powerful Bush admin, I correctly (yet again) said the deal would be refuted. You do not have to be a political campaign professional to know that this deal had NO chance of being consummated. Events certainly proved that correctly.

I now welcome the newly energized Democratic Party into an enthusiastic and activist participation in the war on terror.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

As a life long, completely disalusioned Democrat I do not any confidence in this party. They have no common goals except to bash Bush, not that he does not deserve it, but they offer nothing constructive. We will see in the long run about their enthusiastic and activist participation in the war on terror.
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

I was being facietious. Maybe events will prove me wrong and the Dems will get creative on border security and the Middle East. Sadly, I don't expect any innovation from the Rs there.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This thread is depressing me - sorry I started it. I didn't realize how many people are just like me when it comes to being down and cynical about politics. It's hard not to. Made-for-TV government sucks.
  11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm not entirely convinced they will not find a work around. Say, a US "front" company. I must say I was surprised that DPW backed off as quickly as they did, they must be getting their bread buttered in some other way. I too was convinced that Bush wouldn't capitulate to Congress. But, this should get everyones attention as to the weak security of the ports and I don't care what party you are, we need to address the vulnerabilities in port security and soon.