Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dubai Bush tries to save port deal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Mar 9, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

answer is A, but the Congress finally got around to some teeny tiny bit of "oversight" and the deal has been scuttled as of about 1:30 today.

Who is advising Dubai Bush on these things? Could it be the same clowns that vetted Dan Quayle??
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah the House Sub-Comittee on not letting terrorists control our ports just passed some new bill designed to scuttle that sale up the line by something like a 70-2 margin. That's pretty veto-proof.

I just don't understand why Bush would cave on ANWAR but not this. Its like he's throwing a tantrum. You just know in the end that the Carlyle group will end up owning all of these ports and make billions off of them.

btw I don't remember what the sub-comittee actually calls itself so I just made that name up.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +532 / 2 / -9

Somebody has to own them, but America can't afford to have those "Throat Slitting" Arabs involved with it.
    Wouldn't it be peachey if Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Katie Couric and Nancy Pelosi could run the seaports, God I get all fuzzy jusy thinking about it, life would so much better with the kind and caring liberals running the show.
    :bricks: :bricks: