Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dubai Bill & His Friends

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWickedPissah, Mar 9, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,010 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

To counterbalance the hysterical BDS prevalent here, here's some interesting info... Poor Hill, "forgot" again about that measely $450K on her previous disclosure forms. Kinda like the Rose Law Firm "missing" records found years later in the White House, along with the 700 FBI files.

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-oppin094655086mar09,0,6267265.column?coll=ny-viewpoints-headlines

On Feb. 17, Hillary denounced the Dubai deal, declaring, "Our port security is too important to place in the hands of foreign governments." But on March 2, the Financial Times reported that Bill was called in to advise the United Arab Emirates about securing the deal for its company.

Indeed, Hillary's own financial disclosure forms showed that Bill received $450,000 for giving speeches in Dubai in 2002, and that UAE officials had donated up to $1 million to the Clinton presidential library in Little Rock. Did Hillary really not know about that? Didn't she get curious about any possible conflict of interest that those Arab monies might have posed?

Hillary stoutly insisted that she knew nothing - nothing. And she hastened to add that now the two of them have the same position; they are both for an additional probe of the deal.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More proof that there is no difference between the "two" parties.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So you're finally ready to admit both of our last two presidents suck wind?

4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,010 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

I don't think either "sucks wind". Clinton was a deeply and fatally flawed person who did manage for whatever reasons to be a decent caretaker of the country in peaceful post Cold War boom times. On the plus side, he correctly intervened in Kosovo, helped further peace in Northern Ireland, and instituted welfare reform. Personally I couldn't stand him, but as a president he was at least average if not a bit above.

5. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ok, I deserved that. I tried to bait you and got an intelligent response instead.

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

George Bush sucks wind. He inherited the finest military in the history of the world AND huge surpluses, and blew them both in record time.

Clinton sucked on Nafta, was hamstrung by Congress (for better or worse), and the cowards that were crying "No War For Monica" are now all gung ho to bomb someone new to cover Bushs high crimes.

7. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lets face it, the last THREE presidents have sucked a lot more than wind.

Edit: In fact, seven of the last eight have.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Which one do you like, Carter or Reagan? I liked them both for different reasons.

9. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Thats intereting, I wish you would expound. IMO, the critical criteria for determing the grade of a President is timing. For instance, Herbert Hoover has always gotten a bad rap for his term in office. But if you look at the circumstances and events which happened while he was in office (and just prior to his taking office) you might reconsider his ranking. Had he taken office in another point in time, he may have been outstanding, judging from his previous accomplishments. Which leads us to W. He had the unfortunate timing of 9/11. His actions beginning with sitting frozen in a classroom for 7 minutes while our country was under attack to invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 has been disasterous. If anyone wants to dispute that he is/will not be the worst President I would be glad to debate you.
    Clinton: He was fortunate to be in a great economic cycle. What he did with this excess is pay off the national dept. Detractors will bring up his sexual exploits. Honestly, it doesn't carry too much weight in my grading.
    Bush: It's funny, the only thing that comes to mind concerning his term is the Gulf War. As it turns out, because of his son's lack of vision and brain trust, the Sr. Bush looks pretty good for not invading Iraq.
    Reagan: This President gets credit for ending the Cold War. Even though this was a long process that had to do with economics more then anything else. Of course that ties in with Star Wars, Reagan's plan to put the Soviet Union into bankruptcy (we are still working on this Star Wars program).
    Carter: A missed opportunity for the Democrats. The inflation era that I will never forget (it worked well for me). The whole hostage fiasco.
    Ford: I've grown more fondly of this President with the passing of time. His pardoning of Nixon may have determined his one term. I don't believe he ever vetoed any bills. I believe he brought back respectability of the office.
    Nixon: Watergate and everything that Watergate exposed in his character. His lies as it related to Vietnam were overshadowed by Watergate.
    Johnson: Could have been one of the greatest. His civil rights crusade were presidential highlights of the century. The downside was his lies as it related to Vietnam. This guy also had some character issues.
    Not sure what one of these seven you like, but if you looked just at the events which took place while these men were in office and how they dealt with them, I would have to give the nod to Clinton, even though he didn't have some of the dilemmas of the others.