PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duane Starks, Monty Biesal and Chad Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
shmessy said:
Fatal slip occurred in your first sentence.

".......you Pat fans..."

Pick up your clothes and go home.

How nice, I tried to keep my self out of trouble with people around here but I won't do so with un warranted attacks, 'you pats fans' is my self as a pats fan referring to the kind of Pat fans other nfl fans take us as, the arragont, ****y, no one is as good as us kind.

But unlike some of the people around here, I don't need to post 2,000 times to prove what kind of fan I am. In fact this season above all to be called a fair weatherd fan but still be around kind of prooves a little more then most.

mgcolby said:
Other then a few RBs edge, lewis etc. there weren't any huge names on the market other then the kickers and that one Receiver guy with the big mouth, a QB recovering from an injury. The best OL available was gobbled up instantly and for an insane amount of money, the DB's were ah ok but mostly aging, the DL's don't concern us a whole lot. LB is a need but there wasn't a lot of talent out there and the one's that had it got paid too much. This was an odd year for FA, a lot of money due to the new CBA and not much talent. Please tell me who has been signed thus far that would make you say "that is all we needed to win the 4th SB"? It's not a great year for pickups

Yea but there are good players out there that I hope the pats show interest in, likes of Peterson, Charles Woods, Law, maybe a trade for Rey Lewis.

They need to work on the defensive side first, but I keep reading about the Poston brothers who I don't know because I don't read into players agent but apparently there are teams who don't deal with players, kind of dumb to limit the players you can go after because of their agents.

festy1986 said:
Willie just came off his best season ever and at 34 too.

How could we possibly know that without seeing his grade and evaluation reports from the end of the season review of all the game film?

Just because talking heads or newspaper scribes yakkin' on the radio say something, doesn't make it true. If I recall, the Pats defense couldn't stop anybody for the first half of the season. I doubt if many "best ever seasons" evaluations were being handed out by the Pats coaches.

festy1986 said:
How nice, I tried to keep my self out of trouble with people around here but I won't do so with un warranted attacks, 'you pats fans' is my self as a pats fan referring to the kind of Pat fans other nfl fans take us as, the arragont, ****y, no one is as good as us kind.

But unlike some of the people around here, I don't need to post 2,000 times to prove what kind of fan I am. In fact this season above all to be called a fair weatherd fan but still be around kind of prooves a little more then most.

I know strep throat is going through alot of grade schools this week and lots of children are home sick. How many different ways of spelling "weather" are you going to come up with today? You had 2 or 3 other methods in your previous posts in this thread.

For someone who claims to live in Maine, you'd think you'd have this word down by now.

Last edited:
you would think so wouldn't you?

As for Willies best season, I couldn't say that and be totally honest, it's just a opinion of mine created by watching him play this year.

festy1986 said:
no no no
There will be guys in the draft that can help us win the Superbowl, .........
I only meant the Pats aren't going to get anyone who will be game changing, a dominit facotor or a play maker. Atleast not one that is going to do all this in his rookie season.
I am always glad that people already know what will happen in April and in the next year....
"Pats aren't going to get anyone who will be game changing, a dominant factor or a play maker"....Huh??? I just don't get it..It is just as baffling as when you say you are patient...and show you are not at all....Huh???? Makes no sense at all..sorry.

I just look at who is availible that is all

festy1986 said:
Yea but there are good players out there that I hope the pats show interest in, likes of Peterson, Charles Woods, Law, maybe a trade for Rey Lewis.

They need to work on the defensive side first, but I keep reading about the Poston brothers who I don't know because I don't read into players agent but apparently there are teams who don't deal with players, kind of dumb to limit the players you can go after because of their agents.

Some agents especially the p!sshead brothers have unreasonable expectations for their clients and they are generally a pain to work with. Take Ty Law for example why do you think he hasn't had his name in the news lateley? I think Woodson is overrated, well in my mind I know. Peterson is interesting because he is young and talented but the knock on him is that he is stupid, I would be happy if they signed peterson because of his talent. Lewis I am not to sure about it is intriguing but he kind of personifies everything that is anti-patriot.

festy1986 said:
Three names for those who say be paitent, in BB we trust.

I am paitent and will continue to be, I find the whole thing obvious. There not doing anything as of right now because there looking into Branch and Seymor get that all cleared up before they spend the money.

But they need to get some players here because there not going to get anyone from the draft that is going to help this team win a SB, the team right now even if they find replacements for the players they lost is worse then last year, Willie just came off his best season ever and at 34 too.

We need more pieces, and I hope something via trade is being talked about because I don't think the Pats can suffer through another off season like they did last year.

So the people who are complaining about the pats doing nothing, they have every right and valid right at that when you look at the key pick ups of last year.

You named 3 guys they picked after 2 short super bowl post seasons when they were tired and tried to fill needs.

So you're saying they should be patient and be sure to make solid moves this year?

After all, they wouldn't want to repeat those mistakes made while hastily trying to fill needs.

Right?

Haste makes waste.

Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
Nobody is perfect in acquiring talent, not even the great BB & SP. They stub their toe sometimes, last offseason was a good example. But more often than not the Pats brass is right on with their acquisitions. Their track record speaks for itself as indicated by the several good acquisitions noted by many posters. With that in mind, I feel confident that the Patriots have a long-term plan and will get the job done. It takes time to build a championship-caliber team, and the Patriots approach is to not rush into things. It has proven to be effective for the most part. As far as not finding any draft picks that will be impact players this season, we really won't know until we see who is drafted, put them on the field, and see what they can do. In general I like the Pats 2005 rookie class and believe they will be good players for the franchise over the long haul. As another poster pointed out, it helps to have some solid vets around them to help them come up to speed. You just never know, you can find real gems in the draft if you do your homework. And BB/SP are very qualified to do just that. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
festy1986 said:
Im sorry but I'm fairwetherd?

Nice to see you know what your talking about, because some of us don't take the time to learn the FA and cap rules and all that backward and up doesn't mean they any less of a fan then the dumbasses who do.

I've been a fan of the Pats my whole life, never lived out side of Maine and I don't appreciate being called a fair wethered fan because I showed the Pats can make bad FA decisions, if last year wasn't bad then what is sir tell me?

I'm not talking about what the Pats haven't done this year but what they can still do that matters? There are a few solid players left on the table but nothing I think really would make a huge differance.

You'll need to tell me what a wetherd is before I decide if you're a good or a fair one. :bricks:

festy1986 said:
no no no

There will be guys in the draft that can help us win the Superbowl, the NFL above all sports you can get valid players in all the rounds.

I only meant the Pats aren't going to get anyone who will be game changing, a dominit facotor or a play maker. Atleast not one that is going to do all this in his rookie season.

They need someone like that, someone who can make the plays like a Bruschi or someone who can do things on both sides of the ball like a vrabel.

They need some players if they want to compete, you can only relay on Brady's arm to a certain point.

WTF are you talking about? Seriously, you are clueless.

The Pats need a dominant, game changing player? Why? They haven't lost any game changing players. Why can't they just get solid guys to fill in the holes? You realize that is how we won three Super Bowls, by NOT throwing a ton of money at "dominant, game changing players". You do understand that, right?

If you going to bring up stupid sh*t like this, at least have something to back it up with.

Brownfan80 said:
Actually that is debateable. Brady took a BEATING last year. He got hit over and over even when those hits didn't lead to sacks. Brady got injured due to those hits, which certainly had an effect on his accuracy as was evident late in the season. I'm not saying it would have been that much different had Light and Koppen not gotten injured, but it sure didn't help any having those rooks in there.

Ellis Hobbs' fumble in Denver didn't help our title run either.

Or the numerous failed attempts at shoring up the SS position with young inexperienced players.

For all the stories of how much the rookies HELPED in our previous runs, they didn't help last season. Why's that? Because the VETS AROUND THEM WERE INJURED. We need experienced vets to help prop up those young green rookies. If we're depending on Rookies to come in and fix everything then we're in for a LONGGGGGGGGGGG season (last season was horrible, but if we're replacing Givens, Brown, McGinest, Vinatieri etc with more rookies then expect more of the same).

I agree to an extent, the only one who was supposed to be a starter was Mankins, Kazcur and Hobbs were thrown in because of need. I say under the circumstances they did an adequate to good job. A full offseason with the team should improve them.

PATSNUTme said:
This a personal favorite of mine:

middle_finger_kid.jpg

This post trully is classless. When a person will use a picture of a toddler giving someone the finger, well lets just say I'm trully dissapointed in some of the "Senior Members". Where's the shame.

festy1986 said:
Three names for those who say be paitent, in BB we trust.

Willie just came off his best season ever and at 34 too.

Hmm... Pro Bowl 1996, pro Bowl 2004.

11 sacks - 1995
9.5 sacks1996
9.5 sacks 2004
I wont get into tackles etc.
Try NFL .com

cdillon28 said:
This post trully is classless. When a person will use a picture of a toddler giving someone the finger, well lets just say I'm trully dissapointed in some of the "Senior Members". Where's the shame.

Hey you're up to double digit posts. Time to use one of your other screen names. :D

PATSNUTme said:
This a personal favorite of mine:

middle_finger_kid.jpg

Some posters are misinterpreting this.

The youngster here is saluting all our recent additions whose post count is still in the single digits.

His flashing of the "single digit" is a welcome to all the valuable new contributors. :D

I actually think we drafted VERY well last year..

cdillon28 said:

Oh please. Give me a f-ing break. Cry me a river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back