PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Duane Starks, Monty Biesal and Chad Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Three names for those who say be paitent, in BB we trust.

I am paitent and will continue to be, I find the whole thing obvious. There not doing anything as of right now because there looking into Branch and Seymor get that all cleared up before they spend the money.

But they need to get some players here because there not going to get anyone from the draft that is going to help this team win a SB, the team right now even if they find replacements for the players they lost is worse then last year, Willie just came off his best season ever and at 34 too.

We need more pieces, and I hope something via trade is being talked about because I don't think the Pats can suffer through another off season like they did last year.

So the people who are complaining about the pats doing nothing, they have every right and valid right at that when you look at the key pick ups of last year.

Last edited:
We need an icon for a Bronx cheer.

"Not get anyone in the draft to help win a SB"? How soon we forget. You threw out three FA names from last year but how about some draft picks that did help win a Super Bowl as rookies? Say guys like Vince Wilfork in 04 or Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, and Bethel Johnson in 03? Let's not discount what rookies can do. Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur did not cost them a Super Bowl run last year.

Last edited:
no no no

There will be guys in the draft that can help us win the Superbowl, the NFL above all sports you can get valid players in all the rounds.

I only meant the Pats aren't going to get anyone who will be game changing, a dominit facotor or a play maker. Atleast not one that is going to do all this in his rookie season.

They need someone like that, someone who can make the plays like a Bruschi or someone who can do things on both sides of the ball like a vrabel.

They need some players if they want to compete, you can only relay on Brady's arm to a certain point.

PatsRI said:
"Not get anyone in the draft to help win a SB"? How soon we forget. You threw out three FA names from last year but how about some draft picks that did help win a Super Bowl as rookies? Say guys like Vince Wilfork in 04 or Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, and Bethel Johnson in 03? Let's not discount what rookies can do. Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur did not cost them a Super Bowl run last year.

I believe that both Matt Light and Richard Seymour were rookies when we won our first one. They did help as I recall.

Box_O_Rocks said:

I think you're right.
those 3 guys did'nt pan out, so we must be screwed.
No rookie ever helped anybody win a SB.
Stop the Insanity! lol

PATSNUTme said:
I believe that both Matt Light and Richard Seymour were rookies when we won our first one. They did help as I recall.

:DYou old bastad, that's ancient history. How could I forget them? Senility at 36?

Last edited:
CrazyDave said:
I think you're right.
those 3 guys did'nt pan out, so we must be screwed.
No rookie ever helped anybody win a SB.
Stop the Insanity! lol
Rookies Wilson, Koppen , Samuel & Warren all contributed to the 2003 SB winning pat's team.

festy1986 said:
Three names for those who say be paitent, in BB we trust.

I am paitent and will continue to be, I find the whole thing obvious. There not doing anything as of right now because there looking into Branch and Seymor get that all cleared up before they spend the money.

But they need to get some players here because there not going to get anyone from the draft that is going to help this team win a SB, the team right now even if they find replacements for the players they lost is worse then last year, Willie just came off his best season ever and at 34 too.

We need more pieces, and I hope something via trade is being talked about because I don't think the Pats can suffer through another off season like they did last year.

So the people who are complaining about the pats doing nothing, they have every right and valid right at that when you look at the key pick ups of last year.
What can I say...the johney come latelys are runing the asylum with stupidity...fairweather phonies in my book...Get that bronx cheer..here...short sighted and nothing between the ears..

I was actually referring to the upcoming draft, you know the one where the Pats don't have the number 3 over all pick?

Don't make excuses, I am completly correct in saying that last years offseason was below horrible and that since this year nothing has been done I find it relevent to say that the Pats could be in trouble.

There not going to get a richard seymor in this draft, and after this year they might not even have a seymor.

Bryan Cox, Roman Phipher, Antwoin Smith, Otis Smith, Terrell Buckley, Ty Poole (had to put him in there), Bobby Hamilton, Traylor, Colvin, Vrabel, and Harrison all FA pickups that helped us win atleast 1 superbowl each. Those are just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. You picked out 3 names and ignored the rest, I will go by their track record over a few select names you mentioned and Starks was a trade. If you want to mention trades I can think of a couple of decent names that I can mention.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
What can I say...the johney come latelys are runing the asylum with stupidity...fairweather phonies in my book...Get that bronx cheer..here...short sighted and nothing between the ears..

Im sorry but I'm fairwetherd?

Nice to see you know what your talking about, because some of us don't take the time to learn the FA and cap rules and all that backward and up doesn't mean they any less of a fan then the dumbasses who do.

I've been a fan of the Pats my whole life, never lived out side of Maine and I don't appreciate being called a fair wethered fan because I showed the Pats can make bad FA decisions, if last year wasn't bad then what is sir tell me?

I'm not talking about what the Pats haven't done this year but what they can still do that matters? There are a few solid players left on the table but nothing I think really would make a huge differance.

JustWinBrady said:
Rookies Wilson, Koppen , Samuel & Warren all contributed to the 2003 SB winning pat's team.
Yes, i know. I was being sarcastic.

Box_O_Rocks said:

This a personal favorite of mine:

middle_finger_kid.jpg

The igoronance of some of you Pat fans is crazy

I'm talking about last years FA pick ups, I did not say the pats don't get good players in FA I'm making a anolgy (sp) from last years FA to this years

And I'm talking about this years rookie class, not ones from the SB winning teams

I simply want to know what the Pats have for them to go get that will make the differance this year, and people going to jump down my throat and call me a Pats fan because they win? Awesome, I guess that makes me a Steeler fan now doesn't it?

PatsRI said:

Actually that is debateable. Brady took a BEATING last year. He got hit over and over even when those hits didn't lead to sacks. Brady got injured due to those hits, which certainly had an effect on his accuracy as was evident late in the season. I'm not saying it would have been that much different had Light and Koppen not gotten injured, but it sure didn't help any having those rooks in there.

Ellis Hobbs' fumble in Denver didn't help our title run either.

Or the numerous failed attempts at shoring up the SS position with young inexperienced players.

For all the stories of how much the rookies HELPED in our previous runs, they didn't help last season. Why's that? Because the VETS AROUND THEM WERE INJURED. We need experienced vets to help prop up those young green rookies. If we're depending on Rookies to come in and fix everything then we're in for a LONGGGGGGGGGGG season (last season was horrible, but if we're replacing Givens, Brown, McGinest, Vinatieri etc with more rookies then expect more of the same).

festy1986 said:
Im sorry but I'm fairwetherd?

Nice to see you know what your talking about, because some of us don't take the time to learn the FA and cap rules and all that backward and up doesn't mean they any less of a fan then the dumbasses who do.

I've been a fan of the Pats my whole life, never lived out side of Maine and I don't appreciate being called a fair wethered fan because I showed the Pats can make bad FA decisions, if last year wasn't bad then what is sir tell me?

Does that mean we're not going to win the "Off Season Trophy"?

festy,

dont get your panties in a wad.

You ought to recognize that a guy with 33 posts and a join date of Jan 2006 might possibly be considered a fair-weather fan by some grizzled pats-fans posters.

Really he should be calling you a board-newbie and not a fair weather fan.

Guys shouldn't make those kind of blanket indictments on such limited info, but that is the way of the internet. Deal with it. You stated your credentials; I think anyone is willing to accept what you say at face value.

festy1986 said:
The igoronance of some of you Pat fans is crazy

I'm talking about last years FA pick ups, I did not say the pats don't get good players in FA I'm making a anolgy (sp) from last years FA to this years

And I'm talking about this years rookie class, not ones from the SB winning teams

I simply want to know what the Pats have for them to go get that will make the differance this year, and people going to jump down my throat and call me a Pats fan because they win? Awesome, I guess that makes me a Steeler fan now doesn't it?

Fatal slip occurred in your first sentence.

".......you Pat fans..."

Pick up your clothes and go home.

Last edited:
festy1986 said:
I'm not talking about what the Pats haven't done this year but what they can still do that matters? There are a few solid players left on the table but nothing I think really would make a huge differance.

Other then a few RBs edge, lewis etc. there weren't any huge names on the market other then the kickers and that one Receiver guy with the big mouth, a QB recovering from an injury. The best OL available was gobbled up instantly and for an insane amount of money, the DB's were ah ok but mostly aging, the DL's don't concern us a whole lot. LB is a need but there wasn't a lot of talent out there and the one's that had it got paid too much. This was an odd year for FA, a lot of money due to the new CBA and not much talent. Please tell me who has been signed thus far that would make you say "that is all we needed to win the 4th SB"? It's not a great year for pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes