PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DT Nick Fairley not getting fair treatment In Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Reports on NFL.com that in a contract year the Lions have been benching Fairley because they are not happy with his conditioning.

One thing we know about Fairley, the man is a beast and has a mean streak that I love in my defensive lineman.

Why don't we offer Detroit a low round pick that can go as high as a third depending on playing time and achievement?

We have Worthy and Bass, why not at least put a call in? His days could be numbered in Detroit and a I have a feeling he isn't the kind of man who is motivated from a benching a change would do him good.

Last edited:
Honestly Nikolai so did I but he is to young and to talented to not explore the possibility at least in a light discussion.

The Pats do not have enough room to fit Suh's contract under the salary cap.

The combination on-field penalties, bad work ethic, disrespect of authority and total disregard of those around him are not worth his rare talent.

Reports on NFL .Com that in a contract year the Lions have been benching Suh because they are not happy with his conditioning.
One thing we know about Suh the man is a beast and has a mean streak that I love in my defensive lineman.
Why don't we offer Detroit a low round pick that can go as high as a third depending on playing time and achievement?
We have Worthy and Bass why not at least put a call in his days are numbered in Detroit and a I have a feeling he isn't the kind of man who is motivated from a benching a change would do him good.

Link, please?

I haven't seen anything like that, from any source. What NFL.com has reported is that the Lion's have demoted Suh's DT teammate Nick Fairley. Fairley is in a contract year, played overweight last year, and the Lion's declined to pick up his 5th year option. He lost too much weight too fast, came in underweight and underpowered, now has put on weight again and apparently been demoted:

Report: Nick Fairley's weight leading to declining role | NFL.com

I think you're confusing Suh with Fairley, but if you have a link about Suh, please give it.

No thanks.

1. He's an ***hole
2. He wants to be paid more than a QB
3. We just signed Vince to an extension
4. He's a liability off the field
5. and so on...

I don't think it's going to happen at all, but this forum would cream their pants if the Pats signed Suh. And rightfully so. But, as mayoclinic pointed out, the OP seems to be confusing Fairley with Suh.

Reports on NFL .Com that in a contract year the Lions have been benching Suh because they are not happy with his conditioning.
One thing we know about Suh the man is a beast and has a mean streak that I love in my defensive lineman.
We have Worthy and Bass why not at least put a call in his days are numbered in Detroit and a I have a feeling he isn't the kind of man who is motivated from a benching a change would do him good.
Everything I have read about Suh says he entered camp in the best shape of his career.

Ndamukong Suh reports to Detroit Lions camp without an extension, but in spectacular shape | MLive.com

I guess you could say...
OP's posting isn't very...
SUH-weet.

*sunglasses*

I wouldn't want Suh or Fairley. They are both overrated. In the case of Suh, he had a good rookie year but not much since then. I'm also still mad that Devin McCourty was robbed of DROY in favor of Suh. In the case of Fairely, he's never done anything impressive ever. Compare these two loud mouths to guys like Geno Atkins or Gerald McCoy and you realize Suh and Fairely are 1st rounders that should have been 2nd or 3rd rounders.

I wouldn't want Suh or Fairley. They are both overrated. In the case of Suh, he had a good rookie year but not much since then. I'm also still mad that Devin McCourty was robbed of DROY in favor of Suh. In the case of Fairely, he's never done anything impressive ever. Compare these two loud mouths to guys like Geno Atkins or Gerald McCoy and you realize Suh and Fairely are 1st rounders that should have been 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Joking, right?

Joking, right?

No. Though, I should say my post was a bit rushed which leaves it ripe for the picking by pedants such as your self :p

Last edited:
No. Though, I should say my post was a bit rushed which leaves it ripe for the picking by pedants such as your self :p

FWIW there are quite a few people (sports writers, anonymous execs) who have said the same thing. My own opinion is that Suh is overrated - he's a good player, but not as good as he should be, if that makes sense?

...Though, I should say my post was a bit rushed which leaves it ripe for the picking by pedants such as your self :p

You called Suh a 2nd round talent. That's crazy talk. One needn't be a pedant to see that. One needs to be blind NOT to see it.

Right around the time Fairley was drafted a picture of him and Jamarcus Russell partying surfaced and I thought that would be all the red flags I would need not to draft him. Million dollar talent and a ten cent head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back