PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DT Anthony Johnson released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Has PS eligibility with spot open if he clears waivers.

Last edited:
Damn, really sucks (for me and other Johnson fans, not necessarily the team since BB does what's best) that he was #53. Would have liked to see Harbor, Derby, or Roberts go instead.

. Well that blows, hopefully he clears waivers and we can get him on the practice squad. I loved everything I saw from him, high motor and brought some size to the inside passrush. I mean I guess kicking long, flowers, or sheard into the 3 tech on 3rd and long isn't the end of the world but I really liked AJ's game.

Thought he played well in pass rush situations so far. Not an every down guy, but thought he had done enough so far to stay.

Leaves us awfully thin up front. He may not have produced the same way that he was in the preseason, but I didn't think he was a bad player by any means. Let's see what the corresponding roster move turns out to be.

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Does this open up a spot for a......QB?

Damn, why release one of our best interior rushers?

Someone was gonna get cut because of TB and Ninko coming back next week. Maybe they just gave him an extra week to find a team or hope they can sneak him by...

This is so weird, how does a guy go from being a core part of the team's nickle defense to released?

Only thing I can think is they will slide Long inside when Ninko is back.

Or else they must be looking at another big body

This is so weird, how does a guy go from being a core part of the team's nickle package to released?
Look at the roster man. We have 55 players with TB and Ninko exemption. I think Eric Rowe is next to go to get us to 53 for our suspended returns. Hopefully we can IR Brisket for his "thumb" injury so we can add Johnson back if he clears waivers.

I think Flower's inside play makes Johnson expendable. I am more concerned that this might mean they will sign a QB .... thereby meaning they have health concerns with Jimmy and Brissett.

Look at the roster man. We have 55 players with TB and Ninko exemption. I think Eric Rowe is next to go to get us to 53 for our suspended returns. Hopefully we can IR Brisket for his "thumb" injury so we can add Johnson back if he clears waivers.
Rowe is not going anywhere.

How about you start with the guys that haven't contributed anything like Roberts/Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back