Welcome to PatsFans.com

Drudge: Hillary's Chop Suey Club: Big Money from Busboys and Dishwashers in Chinatown

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Oct 19, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Drudge: Hillary's Chop Suey Club: Big Money from Busboys and Dishwashers in China

I am just about as laid back as it comes about politcal correctness and racial sensitivity, but that Chop Suey line strikes me as slightly inappropriate. Is that verbatim from Drudge? Not that I care, I'll hardly campaign for it to be removed. It just stuck me.
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: Drudge: Hillary's Chop Suey Club: Big Money from Busboys and Dishwashers in China

Yes that is the headline Drudge wrote, pretty deragatory.
    Anyone else see a weird double standard with Chinese Americans and Jewish Americans?
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

I would think that the idea behind his bringing it to light has to do with her husbands shady dealings with all things chinese, and her recent trouble with the Hsu dude. As for Chop Suey, did he have to choose that? No, but is it the end of the world, or some terrible offense that he did? No it isn't. If they were talking about Giuliani and shady little Italy dealings for similar reasons, and called it Rudy's Spaghetti Dinner or something, would people be upset? Maybe, but I wouldn't be. We need to lighted up sometimes I think.

Anyhow, the article reads like this in it's first caption:

The candidate's unparalleled fundraising success relies largely on the least-affluent residents of New York's Chinatown -- some of whom can't be tracked down.

The article later says:

The Times examined the cases of more than 150 donors who provided checks to Clinton after fundraising events geared to the Chinese community. One-third of those donors could not be found using property, telephone or business records. Most have not registered to vote, according to public records.

And several dozen were described in financial reports as holding jobs -- including dishwasher, server or chef -- that would normally make it difficult to donate amounts ranging from $500 to the legal maximum of $2,300 per election.

The donations are of concern because of the history involved with the name Clinton, and all things Chinese.
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Chop Suey Club" is derogatory..? You're reaching here... obviously a desperate attempt to equate these actions with your blatent anti-Semitism.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

of all people, this guy shouldn't be pointing out any perceived biggotry...
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow... you're really crossing the line with the personal attacks, huh..? :rofl: Of course, you're fortunate the liberal moderator ignores the transgressions of the left.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It just goes to show that you have no friends and allies here, your ascerbic ways leave no one willing to protect you, you deserve it.