PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drpatriot's Early Mock Draft (2 rounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Every year at Armchair.gm I do
a series of mock drafts as the draft gets closer. I've posted the Patriots' picks here for your convenience. My draft board is a bit atypical, so be warned, the picks aren't what you're expecting.

23 New England: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State: I don’t know if the Patriots were exactly looking to take a RB here, but Wells is such a good prospect that they really can’t pass him up.

47 New England (from San Diego): Connor Barwin, DE/OLB/TE, Cincinnati: This incredibly versatile prospect will be a great fit for the Patriots, both on offense and defense. His great drive and disciplined work ethic should make him a fantastic fit in New England.

58 New England: Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma: The Patriots begin to look for new tools on offense for Brady. Iglesias is another balanced prospect who should be great across the middle of the field.

Every year at Armchair.gm I do
a series of mock drafts as the draft gets closer. I've posted the Patriots' picks here for your convenience. My draft board is a bit atypical, so be warned, the picks aren't what you're expecting.

{quote]23 New England: Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State: I don’t know if the Patriots were exactly looking to take a RB here, but Wells is such a good prospect that they really can’t pass him up.

47 New England (from San Diego): Connor Barwin, DE/OLB/TE, Cincinnati: This incredibly versatile prospect will be a great fit for the Patriots, both on offense and defense. His great drive and disciplined work ethic should make him a fantastic fit in New England.

58 New England: Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma: The Patriots begin to look for new tools on offense for Brady. Iglesias is another balanced prospect who should be great across the middle of the field.[/qupte]

I'd be shocked if the Pats went this route. Particularly since there is much better value at other positions than anything that Wells or Inglesias provide that early in the draft.

P.S. You need to spell check your article. Also, you need to re-think some of your reasoning. The issue with the Bears defense wasn't their Defensive Line. It was their depth at Corner and Safety. The Broncos have a plethora of RBs. They have issues at DT, DE, LB and Safety. Was the right side of Cleveland's line an issue? Why does Jacksonville need to "revamp" the interior of their O-line? Because they had 2 guys suffer season ending injuries in the same week?

Last edited:
That draft actually isn't that shocking except for the 1st round RB. And in that case, perhaps LeSean McCoy might get the nod over Wells. That kind of comes down to personal preference though.

The more I think of it though, the Pats won't go wtih two skill position offensive players on the 1st day. They might take either a RB early or a WR but not both. I'd favor the RB, but hopefully in round 2-3 rather than round 1. This is where I'd look at Shonn Greene who will be available later and looks like Bettis 2.0. I want to spend my 1st round picks on defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye