PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

drop kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecrazyeye

On the Roster
Reaction score
what the hell is the big deal with this drop kick business. Suddenly the Pats and BB are the enemy because they did a drop kick instead of a two point conversion? even tedy johnson acting like the pats insulted the NFL. it was just a play, thats all it was. leave it be and focus on the playoffs. MOVE ON

I was hoping someone would bring this up. LMAO!!!

Had it been someone other than Flutie, I'm sure it wouldn't have been such a big deal one way or another.

It doesn't have anything to do with Fluite. Maybe up in NE it does but the rest of the country doesn't care about the little man. BC-Miami game is a blip in the college football history.

thecrazyeye said:
what the hell is the big deal with this drop kick business. Suddenly the Pats and BB are the enemy because they did a drop kick instead of a two point conversion? even tedy johnson acting like the pats insulted the NFL. it was just a play, thats all it was. leave it be and focus on the playoffs. MOVE ON
So you start the 9th thread about the drop kick, to complain about the attention given the drop kick, after we almost had the front page cleared of the rest of the threads?

Odd. :confused:

odd

just pointing it out. didnt mean to clutter up your message board.
odd :)

I'm sure the mods can just combine the drop kick threads. No big deal.

Enough with this madness! The next time I read about Flutie Flake it better be his announcing his WAY over-due retirement.

Well, there was a poll and the majority wanted 5 more drop kick threads. Now, we should have only 4 more.

Although, BB did say yesterday that he didn't want to hear any more about the drop kick.:singing:

Mistaken

Some of you may be mistaken for the "drop kick"

In my opinion - BB planned it - and I wouldnot be surprised to see it again in the playoffs.

The difference between a drop kick and place kicker is that the holder can line up on the line providing another potential target if a 2 point converison is called.

By trotting off Brady and trotting on Flutie in a hurry up situation may cause the opposing team to be caught off guard when they replace their defense with special teams - realize the 2 point conversion potential - and switch back to the normal defense.

The real power of this is causing the opposing team to call and lose a time out.

In addition, now that BB has show this play - successfully - it now causes coaches to spend "waste" valuable time planning for the scenerio. Think about that, coaches spending 4 hours behind doors devising a stategy for defending the EXTRA POINT.

Still think it is stupid!!!

Ummm....let me see....yup, still do.

I am convinced that this incessent drop kick nonsense is being perpetuated by Flutie Flake family members, members of his awful band or BC Alumni.

Doug Flutie went to BC? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots