Welcome to PatsFans.com

Drive By

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 2 / -9

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think drive bys can be targeted can't they? I know you'll agree that the fact that she wasn't the intended target doesn't make it any more civil.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Yeah, maybe. I was thinking more along the lines of just randomly firing a gun - just for the hell of it - without an intended target.

After stopping to think about it, though, it works both ways.

Sorry 'bout that, Harry. I owe ya a freebie next time. :)

And, yes, I agree it's uncivilized either way - random shooting for the hell of it or unrandom shooting which hits the wrong person. For that matter, it's uncivil even if the gunfire hits the right person.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

The armed division of the Tea Party, the "Oath Keepers" will not allow themselves to be deployed on american soil..

Do you understand the concept of posse comitatus???

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  6. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Maybe so but how bad do you really feel if some greaseball Mafia dirtbag gets one in the piehole? Mario was just out collecting his "insurance" and now he is pushing up macaroni. I don't feel so bad when the drive by nets someone that really belongs in the ground. Take for instance the shooter in this incident. What if the little girls brother swiss cheesed the guy at a read light? I guess it could be sort of uncivil but it sure would make me feel a little bit warmer.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +630 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I think what it does - if it does anything - would be to make me tell my kids, once again, that they are sometimes judged by the company they keep - and that those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

I think if you're walking down the street with some "greaseball Mafia dirtbag" you've got to accept the possibility that someone, somewhere, might have it in for that greaseball - and that you, by choosing to walk with him, are putting yourself in a possible line of fire.

I think that adults have that choice - because they have that knowledge.

I don't know any of the details of this particular tragedy - and I am appalled that a small innocent child was killed - but part of me wonders that if I find out the mother of the child was driving around with a known gang-banger, or if the mother was a known gang-banger, that it'll change my opinion - not of the little girl, of course, but of her parents.

I think that once we have children we have an obligation to keep them out of harm's way - and that sometimes includes giving up some of our friends and removing ourselves from their lifestyle.

Now it may turn out that this girl's mother had no idea that anyone was gunning for whoever it was they were gunning for, in which case, she's blameless - but if she knew anything at all unsavory or dangerous, she should not have taken her children into a car with that person.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 2 / -9

Why do we have to clean up Afghanistan & Iraq, why don't we clean up LA & Miami etc etc...............:confused: