PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drinking the Kool-Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeds

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I got to admit it, I may have overdosed on Kool-Aid. Maybe it’s because the Sox are currently neck deep in quicksand and will officially be dead by weeks end. Maybe it’s because the Patriots totally annihilated a decent Redskin’s team this past week and an up-and-coming Arizona team the week before.

It’s easy to get caught up in wins and loses in preseason but, foolish to believe they are meaningful going into September.

Here’s what I see that got me giddy with excitement (or is it just the Kool-Aid messing with my head?)

Brady – This guy keeps getting better and better. How is it possible? During the Redskin game he seemed to read every defensive call and adjust at the line. At first I was impressed with the play calling then, I realized it was Brady changing the plays at the line to adjust to the D. Nothing was more impressive the short dump off to Watson for the TD. He stood over center, read the D and made the Skin’s look foolish, which resulted in a give-me TD (I’m assuming he audibled at the line, could be wrong on this..) This guy’s ability to read defense is scary!

O-Line - They were just OK last year but what people forget is that they had two starters go down with season ending injuries and had two rookies start most of the year. The end result is that they are now very deep and young on the offensive line!

RB – Maroney looks like he could be special. How good? I don’t know, lets not put him in the HOF yet but, I’m really happy that we got him and I won’t be surprised if he turns out to be a 1,400 yard back over the next several years (more Kool-Aid gulp!). Dillion, Faulk, Pass and Evans/Cobbs provide lots of experience and depth.

WR – Yes definitely a weakness but if Branch and Jackson both get on the field it will be an unbelievable group. I believe Branch will be back and I think Jackson, like Maroney could be special, only time will tell. If it stays like it is, Watson, Graham, Mills and Thomas will get more action. My head will exploded if Branch, Jackson, Brown, Maroney and Watson are on the field at the same time!

D-Line – No need to get into this group, we all know they are young, deep and very talented!

LB – Not so young but very experienced and they all play with incredible intensity. Health is the biggest issue with this group and they seem to be doing a decent job trying to getting younger players in the rotation.

DB – I pray for health, something we’ve been missing the last few years. Small, fast and excellent tacklers make up this group.

Tackling - This is one area that really sticks out to me. I see a lot of other teams missing tackles or bouncing off the ball carrier. Every one of these guys are great in the open field. Seau, Sanders, Hobbs, Gay and Samuel all made awesome solo tackles in the open field the past couple of weeks!!!

Special teams – The kid looks good so far. A kicker can make or break a year. Hopefully this kid will get the job done!

National Media – Like everyone else, I watch ESPN and NFL Network and hear the same crap all the time. Miami, Denver the Colts are AFC teams they gush over. We play them all this year and we will see. I’m gearing up for game three at home against Denver! This Sunday night in Foxboro, the rest of the country will see that the 2006 Patriots are once again the cream of the crop in the NFL!

Lift your glass and join me in taking a nice big gulp of this delicious Kool-Aid!!!

I've been drinking it so much during the offseason that my face has even turned red. :bricks:

The tackling verses Washington was the best performance I have ever witnessed for a Pats team. They missed none.

deeds said:
DB – I pray for health, something we’ve been missing the last few years. Small, fast and excellent tacklers make up this group.

Good call. The secondary was the most glaring weakness last year. Some better health and a little luck may go a long way for this defensive squad.

Lots to be excited about this year.

I mix my Kool Aid flavors now. My favorite combo is the Cherry with the Lemon-Lime. Mmmmmm....Kool Aid.

Oh, Yeeahh!!!!

Super Bowl 41, here we come!!!!

Attachments

• 180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg
    180px-Kool-AidMan.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 98
One more sip and I turn into Super Homer.

deeds said:
Brady – This guy keeps getting better and better. How is it possible? During the Redskin game he seemed to read every defensive call and adjust at the line. At first I was impressed with the play calling then, I realized it was Brady changing the plays at the line to adjust to the D. Nothing was more impressive the short dump off to Watson for the TD. He stood over center, read the D and made the Skin’s look foolish, which resulted in a give-me TD (I’m assuming he audibled at the line, could be wrong on this..) This guy’s ability to read defense is scary!
Not to deny the value of Brady's ability to audible, but I thought that was one of the shakier areas of his game last season, at least at the beginning. As for Saturday night, Greg Williams showed him that defense for three years in Buffalo, I'd hope Tommy would eat him alive in a Vanilla/Chocolate Twist preseason game.

That said, it has been a nicely encouraging preseason. :D Now make my day and score a waiver wire coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back