Welcome to PatsFans.com

Drinking the 9/11 Kool-Aid?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 6, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/0424thur2-24.html

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

interesting thread title... i mean, is anything outside the official explanation in fact "9/11 Kool-Aid?" Or are you merely referring to the thermite, Loose Change explanations?

please do respond.
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

If you clicked the link :nono:you would have seen that was the title of the article.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't need to click right-wing opinion columns. You're presenting an opinion that you clearly adhere to on some levels, or else you wouldn't trumpet it.

So again, I ask YOU: What is "the 9/11 Kool-Aid?" Anything against the official story, or just the pre-planned demolition stuff?
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

So ... you just punted???

How can you comment to a thread without reading the article?

I didn't write any opinion ... oh ... sorry ... I forgot you did not read the article. Until you do there's nothing to discuss.
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I have to admit that when I first heard PC talking about 9/11 for Truth I falsely conflated it with the conspiracy theories so I can understand his point here. I've never really found a correlation between left or right political ideology and the people who believe that it was a controlled demolition, they tend to be sort of apolitical. I'd be hard pressed, for example to tell you whether Mossed81 or TGIAC consider themselves left or right wing, I think they don't really fit into the dynamic. In fact, I think it's yet another example of how the left/right spectrum is a flawed model for everyone. I would reject the circularity that the author is hinting at here as sort of just a coincidence or maybe a happy marriage of people who refuse to accept any preconceived set of societal expectations or ideological loyalty. But there is a world of difference between wanting transparency in the investigation into 9/11 and jumping into assuming a wild conspiracy theory to be automatically true, which I think is what PC is getting at.

I would probably be considered just about as far left as you can be in American culture and yet I can't stand conspiracy theories as I believe them to undermine the political discourse and distract from more relevant and real issues. And I know the Noam Chomskys and Ralph Naders of the world feel the same way. You can also point to very "centrist" conspiracy theorists such as Jessie Ventura who subscribe to the most elaborate of "inside job" theories. Most of my self-described "moderate" friends are strong proponents of the moon landing "hoax" theory, the JFK conspiracy theory and will pretty much believe any fuzzy footage of "UFOs" you can show them. So I'd say that conspiracy theories are not only not exclusive to political outliers but they don't really belong on the political spectrum at all. A spectrum which doesn't do Americans justice anyway.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

A point without reading an article is commonly known as a "highjack" around here.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Drones

:singing::singing::singing:
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Sorry for the edit, I meant to segue but I didn't think you'd respond so quickly:D
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'd add that the circularity that the author is supposing is ironically based on somewhat of a circular argument. Is the woman he's talking about a conspiracy theorist because she's extremely right wing or is she now extremely right wing because she's a conspiracy theorist?
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Agenda Boy doesn't click links. I thought we all knew that. He's a lather, rinse, repeat machine. :D

Harry Boy says Hi! ;)
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Thanks RW---:rocker:
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'm the one who punted? That's rich.

I said I didn't need to click on the link, not that I didn't and didn't read the story. I read the stupid story. My question was directly pointed to you. What IS "the 9/11 Kool-Aid?" It's only third down, there's no need to bring out the kicking team.

I'm asking for FBN's opinion. Just what IS 9/11 Kool-Aid? Simple, really.

You presented the opinion column in an attempt to ostricize anyone with theories the don't jibe with the official story. Just what is 9/11 Kool-Aid, in your opinion? You know, just so that we know where you're coming from in presenting a vague, short op-ed like this.

There's really no need to hide from it. If you're going to put out a thread like this, at least be willing to roll up your sleeves and discuss the crux of the issue.
  14. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

And this whack job is a Republican. What an embarrasment.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

If an embarrassment occurs within an embarrassing party, does anyone notice?
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I noticed.

If people want to talk about the plane that was possibly shot down over PA, great, be my guest. That's reasonable as a possible cover up. But to suggest the planes that flew into the towers were not the real planes is . . . . borderline psychotic IMO.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Anytime pal. I'm always looking out for my friends. :eat3:
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't buy that theory. But as I've stated, the problem with the 9/11 Truth movement is that it lacks unity. Theories are all over the place, and I have little doubt that's intentional so as to discredit and ostricize the movement as a whole.

But what about the theory that 19 muslim terrorists did indeed conduct an attack on US financial and military centers using hijacked airliners, and that our government knew it was coming and intentionally stood down? Is that also "borderline psychotic" in your opinion?
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't think there's any chance of it and I would think anyone who believes it to be severely misguided; it's still 100 times more plausible than this other silliness though.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You don't think a certain circle of our government wasn't fully aware? Think this through now.