PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Rosenhaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix111

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if/how many players on the Patriots that Rosenhaus represents? Just curious.

I'm gonna take a wild guess without even googling...

Zero!

was that the guy on sports center today? The Chad Johnson and Lance Briggs agent?

was that the guy on sports center today? The Chad Johnson and Lance Briggs agent?

Yep, that's him. He just has this sly smugness that rubs you the wrong way. Anyway, seeing him on Sportcenter is just what made me wonder.

Ok I'm wrong. He actually had represented five guys. Just Izzo remains, though.

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=401663

Izzo and half our potential WR's - Stallworth, Gaffney and Washington. I have heard Drew is a bright if somewhat driven guy who public persona aside has a good working relationship with most FO's, including ours apparently.

Izzo and half our potential WR's - Stallworth, Gaffney and Washington. I have heard Drew is a bright if somewhat driven guy who public persona aside has a good working relationship with most FO's, including ours apparently.

I assumed that was an updated list. Oh well.
'sorry 'bout that.

And he did once save someone's life. I guess even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

If memory serves me correctly, his most storied client with the Pats was the estimable Guss Scott.

(In his defense, it wasn't all his fault....)

My understanding is that the F.O. actually kind of likes him, dealing with him hasn't been a problem.

If memory serves me correctly, his most storied client with the Pats was the estimable Guss Scott.

(In his defense, it wasn't all his fault....)

Don't forget Starks..

Rosenhaus pisses me off..but its not all his fault. Its his job. If he can get his client more money. kudos to him

deserving clients that is..hes trying to do his job

it pisses me off when a player holds out or is asking for something hes obviously not worth.

My understanding is that the F.O. actually kind of likes him, dealing with him hasn't been a problem.

That's my recollection too... IIRC, Belichick actually had some nice things to say about his understanding of, and passion for the game. I only remember it because it surprised me a little.

Drew is a wannabe thug, posing as a shark in a suit relating to clients/teams/players as a sports attorney. Arrogance is something Drew has excess of as well as his competitive fire and determination to win. That said, I don't put the blame on the agents/representatives as much as a blame the players. At any point, the player can fire his agent or tell his agent to take less money.

Lets not let the players off scott-free from blame. Its not fair to let players hide behind the people they hire. I know that is why the system is in place, to seperate the players from the team when/if issues arise with contract and putting the blame on the agents, but as fans, we should know better to buy into the puppet show.

I believe his Pièce de résistance was hornswoggling Buffalo into drafting McGahee in the first a year before he recovered from a serious knee injury.

They actually lucked out on the knee, which was not at all certain, but it turns out he's an a-hole and they ended up trading him for some mid round picks.

Its impossible to have a Rosenhaus post without

"Next Question"

"Next Question"

Rosenhaus pisses me off..but its not all his fault. Its his job. If he can get his client more money. kudos to him

deserving clients that is..hes trying to do his job

If a client says " make this deal happen" like Stallworth, Rosenhaus makes it happen and gets the most value for his client. It's the client who tells him " get me the most money no matter what" and Drew does it for him which draws the most ire and is usually the most contentious negotiations.
I have a feeling that in his deals with Beoli, the clients told him to make the deal happen and as a result it was just a matter of hashing out the numbers with both sides knowing that it would get done which makes the negotiations more palatable for all sides....

Just my $0.02,

When the Patriots and DR negotiate, each side knows exactly how much leverage they have. Each side also knows that the other side knows. This makes it easy to get a deal done.

With novice agents like the one Zant has, the agent's lack of knowledge gets in the way of a deal. Most of the time is likely to be spent disagreeing about how much leverage each side actually has.

Guys, if you needed a lawyer, you'd want the best in the biz. The best agents are a lot like great lawyers. They have good relationships with FOs (judges), they're confident in their ability to get the best for their client no matter how they get there, and they're tough negotiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes