PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Brees says he is shocked about Sean Payton, and wants an explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read the tweet, and agree with MoLewisrocks, I think he's demanding an explanation from the league, not from Payton. And well, it's another hint of his real personality, like the lockout negotiation in which he demanded the franchise tag exemption, and his reaction after being placed the FT.

Agreed. The tweet made him look like a high-and-mighty, spoiled, Little Lord Fauntleroy b--ch. Demanding the league explain the suspension? Can you imagine Brady doing that?

I'll help, Mr. Brees: it's because your team conspired to do bodily injury to other men for pay, like thugs, and lied over and over about it to the league.

no offense to pherin but i'm glad others see brees now, for the person i saw , when he was on his way out of sd

Players can be let go for moral reasons. Can he leave the Saints because the team has been immoral? :)

Tebow should have insisted on a morality clause for the Jests. :D

Incidentally, this is my first post since the loss. I couldn't think about football until now, just too bummed. So, I'm back beatches...Get ready for my kindergarten-@ss lame questions again.

Glad you're back. I've only posted a few times myself since early Feb., but with all that's going on it's hard not to get excited about next season. Now if we could just quietly lock up Welker, I will be good to go on all cylinders.

Another possible interpretation is that Brees was assured that nothing was untoward by Payton, hence his somewhat odd earlier tweet where he claimed to be ignorant of the bounty program's "real" existence. In other words he had heard about it but Payton indicated that it was only a rumor and wasn't real. Now with the NFL hammering Payton for stonewalling and lying Brees is throwing another log on the fire looking for an explanation from Payton as to why he lied to him personally.

Any way you look at it does little credit to Brees, he should have taken the Patriots players' approach and just kept quiet. It really does look like he is trying to exculpate himself from any dishonor, when the more honorable course is just keeping quiet. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all.

now no one will ask him if he knew about the bounty and he wont have to lie to the media and he can use it against the saints to get he's big pay day

I don't really follow the Twitter thing so I haven't seen/read it. I like Brees though, but not sure how to look at this one. He shouldn't have sent it out publicly. I know a lot of people will be seeing the saints in a different light now for a long while.

The tweet doesn't show Brees to be a bad guy.

It just tarnishes the halo of extra-special good guy he had, which was always based mainly on special New Orleans circumstances, with some underdog cred on the side.

As noted above, the past year or so has been hard on that halo in several regards.

If I were BB, I'd offer to give them back their 1st round pick this year, in exchange for their 1st round pick next year, straight up.

That's going to be a lottery pick for sure.

Jeff Fisher also had a great quote saying something to the affect that he wouldn't believe that Willams would do something like this and put his new team behind the 8-ball. Well gee Jeff maybe he he learned this type of crap from you. Bobby Wade and yourself probably cost us the SB in 2006 with that cheapshot. I hope Fisher fails epically with the Rams but I'm sure he'll hide behind this suspension for at least this year.

met brees. he does have a bit of phony fraud element to his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back