PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how many in the hall Have more pics than his 206?

Of the SB Era HOF QB's:

Bradshaw: 226
Fouts: 242
Marino: 252
Moon: 233
Namath: 220
Tarkenton: 266
Unitas: 253

And,
Favre: 273
Blanda: 277

Of the SB Era HOF QB's:

Bradshaw: 226
Fouts: 242
Marino: 252
Moon: 233
Namath: 220
Tarkenton: 266
Unitas: 253

And,
Favre: 273
Blanda: 277

so with all those guys having more ints than him and people knock on him for not being a hall canidate because of his head than does that change some minds. Patsfansince74 stats seem to put him in the middle of the pack.

Last edited:
Drew would of lost his starting position to Brady, injured or not. I thank God that Bledsoe is out of here. Mr. Interception.

There's no doubt that Brady is in a different league as a QB and has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Montana, Bradshaw and Staubach.

As for Bledsoe being "Mr. Interception," if we look at INT's as a percent of Attempts, this is what we see (the rule changes had something to do with this, of course):

Bledsoe: 4.1%
Bradshaw: 5.4%
Dawson: 4.9%
Fouts: 4.3%
Bob Griese: 5.0%
Jurgenson: 4.4%
Namath: 5.8%
Starr: 4.4%
Namath: 4.9%
Tarkenton: 4.1%

so with all those guys having more ints than him and people knock on him for not being a hall canidate because of his head than does that change some minds. Patsfansince74 stats seem to put him in the middle of the pack.

it's the numbers that put him where he is. IMHO, i don't think Bledsoe will ever go into the HOF because (a) he played in the same era as Aikman, Brady, Elway, Favre, and P. Manning, (b) he never delivered in big situations and, (c) would throw a pick or take a sack at the worst possible time. Is this fair? WTF do I know. Life is unfair.

I mentioned the other day that the Pats QB that they just released has better overall career stats then Bledsoe.

Does anyone think Testeverde should be in the Hall?

I vote thumbs down on both, although Bledsoe does have some jewlery.

Last edited:
I mentioned the other day that the Pats QB that they just released has better overall career stats then Bledsoe.

You know I havent put much thought into Vinny. My first thought is no but I might be saying what others say about drew and I should look up vinnies stats before giving an honest opinion. It might change my thoughts on drew.

You raise a very interesting question, as Testaverde and Bledsoe have similar stats (I'll spare everyone the details, but Vinny actually has more career passing yards). I don't think that too many people suggest that Testaverde is a HOF candidate while Bledsoe has SB credentials, while tarnished. It's hard to imagine that either ever goes in, all the more with Joe Theisman and his two rings (one in a strike shortened season) still on the outside. What this all says is that a QB can be incredibly talented and have a great career and not get into or be seriously considered for the HOF without a Ring.

He can be a great backup qb/qb coach hybrid for us. We should definitly give him a look, remmember this is the guy Brady learned behind. He could be an amazing help to our passing game and this could be his stepping stone towards coaching, which is where I always thought he would end up. Personallyt I think he will go to the Browns because he might get a chance to start for them, but I hope he ends up here. This is where his home is!!!!

He can be a great backup qb/qb coach hybrid for us. We should definitly give him a look, remmember this is the guy Brady learned behind. He could be an amazing help to our passing game and this could be his stepping stone towards coaching, which is where I always thought he would end up. Personallyt I think he will go to the Browns because he might get a chance to start for them, but I hope he ends up here. This is where his home is!!!!

=======================================

Well if BB would bring in Vinny T, then I guess he might pick up Bledsoe for vet min.

Bledsoe to the Raiders?

1. I believe Bledsoe has stated that he would rather retire than be a back up.
2. I'm not sure if he and Belichick are on good enough terms for him to come back.

1. I believe Bledsoe has stated that he would rather retire than be a back up.
2. I'm not sure if he and Belichick are on good enough terms for him to come back.

I have heard the back up and retirement statement, but I think he will have to get over it cause it's simply the best choice he will be faced with, not too many teams can offer him that chance. He loves the New England area and personally, not based on any rumor, is that BB did exactly what was best for Drew and now having to accept a new role he won't mind being a player/coach and bring another title to the team that played the major role in his success as a player.

I have heard the back up and retirement statement, but I think he will have to get over it cause it's simply the best choice he will be faced with, not too many teams can offer him that chance. He loves the New England area and personally, not based on any rumor, is that BB did exactly what was best for Drew and now having to accept a new role he won't mind being a player/coach and bring another title to the team that played the major role in his success as a player.

Even after he left he kept saying Belichick had treated him dishonestly etc.

How many active QBs have at least two championship game wins?

Comes to mind:

Brady 2.5
Favre 2
Warner 2
Bledsoe 1.5

Everyone else with 1.

If Bledsoe never took that hit, it is possible we end up going 5-11 again and BB gets canned; Brady plays NFL europe the following summer.

nobody has mentioned chicago. i know they have griese, but their o line is good, they like to throw downfield, and they have a running game. i thought drew wouldve ended up there 2 years ago, before the cowboys. i know it probably wont happen, but c'mon,,,,rex aint their solution.

It's really amazing but 5 years and 2 more abyssmal failures as a starter later and the Bledsoe toadies still live. And remain as delusional as the QB himself.

Drew has no interest in backing anyone up or coaching anyone up. If he can't play, he really has no interest in even being a QB.

Brady was born knowing most of what makes him a HOF'er. Working with Belichick and Weis didn't hurt. Bledsoe had next to nothing to do with it. When his coaches were admonishing Brady to go for the score (FG) in XXXVI, but be careful with the ball because we were tied and a turnover could cost us even a shot at OT, Bledsoe was advising him to "just f'en sling it".

Drew was never highly coachable as a player, and therefore would not make a very good coach. He is not a student of the game, just a guy who likes to play in it - and even then primarily a guy who just likes to sling it. He struggles to read defenses and makes bad decisions repeatedly.

The Cowboys saved about $5M on the cap by releasing him. Position coaches in the NFL generally make less than a quarter of veteran minimum and work 80 hours a week in season and 40+ hours a week in the off season. They have to live where they coach year round. Montana is where Drew's home is, and they don't have an NFL team. As for his going to Cleveland, that's probably the last place he'd land because RAC got to see enough of him warts and all first hand coaching in the AFCE - not to mention as the DC of the guy who traded him within the division without blinking.

Drew is off to Montana with his 5 kids.... He had a nice carrer,but its over.

When his coaches were admonishing Brady to go for the score (FG) in XXXVI, but be careful with the ball because we were tied and a turnover could cost us even a shot at OT, Bledsoe was advising him to "just f'en sling it".

I agree with everything you say, Mo, except for this misinterpretation. When Bledsoe said that to Brady it was with tongue-in-cheek, intended to keep Brady loose in a high-pressure situation. He didn't mean it seriously. In other words, he was saying, "Don't worry about it kid. You know what to do."

Last edited:
I agree with everything you say, Mo, except for this misinterpretation. When Bledsoe said that to Brady it was with tongue-in-cheek, intended to keep Brady loose in a high-pressure situation. He didn't mean it seriously. In other words, he was saying, "Don't worry about it kid. You know what to do."
Was that just your impression from hearing him saying it, or did DB actually explain that at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back