PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, lets think back to that Steelers game when Brady went down and Bledsoe came in. Let's be honest, when he entered the game, was anyone saying, oh sheet, there goes the game. I know I wasn't, and he hit his target right away. He was also the consummate pro sitting on the bench not complaining as the Patriots win their first championship.

To be perfectly I honest I was.

The team was 0-2 and coming off a 5-11 season before Brady came in, can you really blame me?

Hey, lets think back to that Steelers game when Brady went down and Bledsoe came in. Let's be honest, when he entered the game, was anyone saying, oh sheet, there goes the game. I know I wasn't, and he hit his target right away. He was also the consummate pro sitting on the bench not complaining as the Patriots win their first championship.

Had that game gone another 5 minutes, we wouldve lost.

Bledsoe sux.

Had that game gone another 5 minutes, we wouldve lost.

Bledsoe sux.

had the AFC cahmpionship game been a minute longer we would have won.Brady wouldnt have forced the pic instead he drove us into FG range

I wish Drew the best and if he gets with another team thats good also and speaking of another team A few teams are looking for veteran Quarterbacks (Minnesota,Oakland) to name a couple.

Last edited:
Bledsoe would make it approximately one play in Oakland before he got every bone in his body crushed by the four defensive lineman that that god awful O line would undoubtedly let walk on by.

...and Jeff Garcia would do any better. He has had 38 starts the past 4 years. He's 5" shorter, and about 35lbs. lighter.

Bledsoe better than Culpepper? Give me a break, at this point he's not even as good as Harrington.

You're missing the entire point of us wanting Bledsoe to start for Miami.
Get with the program!

Give the guy a break he took us to the super bowl.
I`ll always remember him throwing game winning td with pin in finger.
He never adjusted to the blitz.
Yeah, he proved he is tough as nails that year he led us to a couple come from behind victories down the stretch with two broken fingers. Also, people forget that Drew Bledsoe was an important part of the chain of events that made this franchise credible in the early 90's. Kraft and Tuna may have been a bigger part of it, but drafting Drew still played a role.

Last edited:
Give the guy a break he took us to the super bowl.
I`ll always remember him throwing game winning td with pin in finger.
He never adjusted to the blitz.
Actually Curtis Martin and the defense took us to the Super Bowl. Check his playoff stats in 96-97 before you give him so much credit.

Yeah, he proved he is tough as nails that year he led us to a couple come from behind victories down the stretch with two broken fingers. Also, people forget that Drew Bledsoe was an important part of the chain of events that made this franchise credible in the early 90's. Kraft and Tuna may have been a bigger part of it, but drafting Drew still played a role.

The triumbrate of Parcells Kraft and Bledsoe saved the franchise. where would all of the posters on here be now if the pats went to ST. louis. thank god that didnt happen otherwise i would have to be one of those 365 day a year sox fans:rocker:

Actually Curtis Martin and the defense took us to the Super Bowl. Check his playoff stats in 96-97 before you give him so much credit.

Drew had a good season in 96.. But in the playoffs was just avg.. As he has been in the playoffs through out his Pats carrerr.. I think he hangs them up, and goes off in the montana sunset... Drew had some good moments in Pats history, but he never improved his game, or no one pushed him until Mr Brady came along, and it was too little to late..:bricks:

I think he deserves more credit for being a boderline HOFer but the last few years will hamstring his chances at getting in. If he could catch on somewhere and have one or 2 good years maybe he could get in. Some of his numbers are better than guys in the Hall.

Here are Drew Bledsoe's career stats to date, compared to the medians for the HOF QB's from the SB era from a database that I keep (i.e., of the 17 Quarterbacks in Canton who started an NFL game since 1966):

Games Played: 194 (17 HOF QB Median: 192--i.e., half of the 17 played more than 192 games and half played fewer than 192 games)
Completions: 3,839 (2,830--surpassed on the list only by Elway, Marino and Moon)
Attempts: 6,717 (4,715)
Completion Percent: 57.2% (57.1--surpassed on the list by Aikman, Fouts, Kelly, Marino, Montana, Moon, Starr and Young)
Passing Yards: 44,611 (33,124--surpassed on the list only by Elway, Marino, Moon and Tarkenton)
Yards per Attempt: 6.64 (7.42)
Passing TD's: 251 (239)
INT's: 206 (189)
TD's % of Attempts: 3.7% (5.1)
INT's % of Attempts: 3.1% (4.1)
Passing TD/INT Ratio: 1.22 (1.29)
Rushes: 385 (326)
Rushing Yards: 764 (1,308)
Yards per Rush: 1.98 (3.81)
Rushing Yards per Game: 3.94 (6.67)
Rushing TD's: 10 (15)
Fumbles: 120 (76)
Fumbles per Game: .62 (.40)

Here are Drew Bledsoe's career stats to date, compared to the medians for the HOF QB's from the SB era from a database that I keep (i.e., of the 17 Quarterbacks in Canton who started an NFL game since 1966):

Games Played: 194 (17 HOF QB Median: 192--i.e., half of the 17 played more than 192 games and half played fewer than 192 games)
Completions: 3,839 (2,830--surpassed on the list only by Elway, Marino and Moon)
Attempts: 6,717 (4,715)
Completion Percent: 57.2% (57.1--surpassed on the list by Aikman, Fouts, Kelly, Marino, Montana, Moon, Starr and Young)
Passing Yards: 44,611 (33,124--surpassed on the list only by Elway, Marino, Moon and Tarkenton)
Yards per Attempt: 6.64 (7.42)
Passing TD's: 251 (239)
INT's: 206 (189)
TD's % of Attempts: 3.7% (5.1)
INT's % of Attempts: 3.1% (4.1)
Passing TD/INT Ratio: 1.22 (1.29)
Rushes: 385 (326)
Rushing Yards: 764 (1,308)
Yards per Rush: 1.98 (3.81)
Rushing Yards per Game: 3.94 (6.67)
Rushing TD's: 10 (15)
Fumbles: 120 (76)
Fumbles per Game: .62 (.40)

Just wondering how many in the hall Have more pics than his 206?

Just wondering how many in the hall Have more pics than his 206?

Off the top of my head, George Blanda, and I would bet Joe Namath. Eventually Brett Favre too.

I know it pains many of you but when I watch him all I can think is "I'm so glad he's not our quarterback anymore."

Drew would of lost his starting position to Brady, injured or not. I thank God that Bledsoe is out of here. Mr. Interception.

PFT has the Fish interested in him... Oh boy that would be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back