PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe - Ready For Backup QB Duty On Another Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on your life. Drew Bledsoe will be the starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders during the 2007 NFL season. Al Davis is still looking for the reincarnation of Jim Plunkett.
Well, Plunkett and Bledsoe were both drafted with the first overall pick by the Patriots, and both were the great hope to be the savior of the organization. Both disappointed in their tenure with New England (Plunkett more so), and both went on to play for at least two other teams. Plunkett won a Super Bowl. And there the similarity ends ... ;)

He's not starter quality but when has that ever stopped the crappy teams from playing a crappy QB? I'll give you an example from our own division: Two Words: Daunte Culpepper.

Well, Plunkett and Bledsoe were both drafted with the first overall pick by the Patriots, and both were the great hope to be the savior of the organization. Both disappointed in their tenure with New England (Plunkett more so), and both went on to play for at least two other teams. Plunkett won a Super Bowl. And there the similarity ends ... ;)
Plunkett won two super bowls.

There are probably a couple options as mentioned, like oakland or Houson as a band-aid, but he won't be starting for a team with championship aspirations.

As for having Cassel compete with Drew to prove he is a viable #2, I disagree. Cassel has already proven he is a legitimate #2, and there are some teams out there who he could compete for a starting job for. Drew would be competing with Vinnie to be the #3 here and he would never accept that.

And what exactly has Cassell done to prove he is a #2? I like the guys as much as BB and SP, but lets not be so sure the right vet (not bledsoe, obviously) comes in gets playing time over Cassell in the event of an injury to GOD. Cassell hasn't started a game since high school - we just dont know how he would play in a scenario where Brady is out - need to be prepared

I'll prolly see Bledsoe more than any of you guys.

He'll be hanging out at the Great Northern @ Whitefish, a semi-familiar site for him in the offseasons.

He has other things to do;-)

I've read where Bledsoe said he did not want to finish his career as a backup. Unless he changes his mind, he's finished. Good career, not HOF, but very respectable. Consider at the time of his draft that most experts considered Rick Mirer to be the better choice, you realize what a crapshoot the draft is; Bob Kraft's assessment that the best value comes in the second half of the first round is starting to make a lot of sense to me.

I'll prolly see Bledsoe more than any of you guys.

He'll be hanging out at the Great Northern @ Whitefish, a semi-familiar site for him in the offseasons.

He has other things to do;-)

I agree he probably will not sign for the vet min or be a back up, read somewhere that he has made more money at QB than any one else in the NFL.. he could have retired a couple of years ago, he will probably go to Montana and live on his land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back