PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dream Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFWB

Rookie
Reaction score
In the last few years the Patriots have exceeded every dream scenario I could have imagined as a Pats fan. As long as they are granting all my wishes I thought I might add a few more new dreams to my wish list.

1. If the Pats run the table & win the Super Bowl, it would be great to put the team in the Hall of Fame.
2. It would be appropriate. A large part of their success derives from the TEAM first philosophy.
3. Many people dismiss them for lack of Superstars. Either admit that they have a lot of Superstars and enter several of them into the HOF or deny that they have Superstars and put the Team into the HOF.
4. There is no reason to believe they won’t be a very strong contender again next year given a high first round draft pick (from SF), an extra high third round pick (from Oak) and their past history in Draft & Free Agency moves.
5. If they don’t enter the HOF as a team this year would another Super Bowl next year get it done?

I like the idea of the team going to the HOF. I'm not sure that they do that though. The whole notion of it is that it's very competitive to get into the HOF, and some very good players from years ago are still waiting their turn. To put Laurence Maroney or James Sanders in the HOF wouldn't be too fair to those other guys.

Too late for the concept I think. Or they would have to have a special team designation so that an individual could not claim that "he" got into the HOF as an individual.

Make no mistake, if these Patriots play the next nine games like they played the first ten, there will likely be a semi-permanent exhibit celebrating their accomplishment.

But putting a bust of Wesley Britt in Canton because he happened to be a member of the 2007 Patriots, would only cheapen the HOF experience.

Make no mistake, if these Patriots play the next nine games like they played the first ten, there will likely be a semi-permanent exhibit celebrating their accomplishment.

But putting a bust of Wesley Britt in Canton because he happened to be a member of the 2007 Patriots, would only cheapen the HOF experience.

Yeah but i would be funny to see the entire offense on one side with the caption (cause i don't know the real word) something like "19-0 blah blah blah" and on the Defense "the only defense the could accually stop that offense"

You dreamed about them losing the AFC championship last year? Um, are you a wee bit of a masochist?

You dreamed about them losing the AFC championship last year? Um, are you a wee bit of a masochist?

If its masochistic to dream that your team will win one, then two, then three, and maybe four Superbowls with a few playoff wins tossed in in the off years, call me a masochist. You must be a colts fan scince you get a kick out of Pats losing the AFC championship last year. The Pats have done more for this fan than the Colts have done for you in the last few years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but every superbowl team goes into the HOF?

At least thats the way I understood it last time I was in canton.

Correct me if I'm wrong but every superbowl team goes into the HOF?

At least thats the way I understood it last time I was in canton.

Even though I was born in Ohio, I've never been to to Canton. Left in 1958. I am sorry for proposing a dumb idea.

If its masochistic to dream that your team will win one, then two, then three, and maybe four Superbowls with a few playoff wins tossed in in the off years, call me a masochist. You must be a colts fan scince you get a kick out of Pats losing the AFC championship last year. The Pats have done more for this fan than the Colts have done for you in the last few years.
Lol, I am a Colts fan obviously, but I just found it weird to say every year was a dream year. Overall? Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes