PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dre Bly traded to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Shanahan loves him some man-to-man cover corners.

Bly and bailley...ugh...thats ganna be fun to throw at..

wow they traded Tatum Bell?

Another good Running Back trade by the broncos to a stupid team.

too funny.

Good news...a good CB may slip down to us
Bad news...Denvah is gonna be really hard to pass against

It seems like Denver makes running backs and then lets them go and gets great players for them. Like both of their starting corners now Bly and
Bailey

We are kinda like that with receivers except we don't trade them, we just lose them, get nothing (edit: ok im an idiot we got a #1 pick im just bitter), and then they get overpaid somewhere else and suck or show their mediocrity.

So they are kinda alike.

You wait and see what happens if/when Jabbar Gaffney leaves this team.

Last edited:
Tatum Bell on turf might be something. Glad to see Denver out of the race for a DB in round one.

Tatum Bell on turf might be something. Glad to see Denver out of the race for a DB in round one.

Out of the running for CB, but not necessarily S. Lynch and Ferguson are aging fast and, while Cox and Brandon have certainly impressed, the Broncs may still look at a Nelson if available.

I think they go DL or RB (Lynch) though.

Rumours out of Texas say Plummer and #21 to Houston for #8. I think that's ridiculous since Plummer should only have 4th round value at best, but stranger things have happened (Culpepper was deemed 2nd round value last year, wasn't he?)

Another coup by Denver. Shanahan (or as I like to call him, The Rat) didn't even like Tatum Bell, so I'm sure it was no skin off his nose to trade him away. Now they have a great set of cover corners. Perhaps their run defense will suffer with Bly in there, but they've still go the draft to try to shore up their front seven.

And I think Cutler is going to be very good next year. Ditto Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall. If they can get a running game going again they are going to be VERY, VERY good.

I never liked the Bronco's but they ALWAYs make moves in the off season to try and improve. You have to give them credit for that.

Jones and Bell is interesting. Both have had injury issues.

Look for the Broncos to take Okoye or Carriker to help out the D-line in the first if either drop that far or Lynch if they are gone. If they go D-line in the first look for Brandon Jackson RB Nebraska or Michael Bush RB Louisville in the second round.

Now that Denver traded Bell it would be funny if they turn around and trade to get Portis back. Supposably he is on the market and probably can be had for a second rounder. Imagine if the Redskins traded Bailey and a second rounder for Portis and then trade him back to Denver for a second rounder. I thought it was a moronic trade on Washington's part because a great CB is always far more valuable then a great RB.

I hate Denver, but they tend to get the better end of the trades they make like the Portis/Bailey trade or Reuben Drohnge for all those d-linemen. I have a bad feeling that the Bly trade will work out great for them.

Jones and Bell is interesting. Both have had injury issues.

Look for the Broncos to take Okoye or Carriker to help out the D-line in the first if either drop that far or Lynch if they are gone. If they go D-line in the first look for Brandon Jackson RB Nebraska or Michael Bush RB Louisville in the second round.

I'd add Charles Johnson to your list of DL'd in the 1st, Griffin @ safety. Not sure if I see a big back like Bush, but Jackson, Pittman & Darius walker, I could see Denver looking at.

I'd add Charles Johnson to your list of DL'd in the 1st, Griffin @ safety. Not sure if I see a big back like Bush, but Jackson, Pittman & Darius walker, I could see Denver looking at.

Johnson is possible but I think they are more in need of a 3-4 DT than DE.

That's a good point on Bush.

Walker is more of a Kevin Faulk.

I bet Dre Bly is smiling to go from the Lions to the Broncos I think thats progress.

In terms of the draft, maybe the Lions don't pick Joe Thomas. Kevin Jones should be back to health by mid season and Bell can carry the load till then; that eliminates Peterson from their sights.

Congrats to the Broncos for making a great trade. Solid at both corner positions with the posibility of getting a talented safety or d-lineman. Scary team.

Bly is vastly overrated as a #1 corner but will be a perfect fit as the #2 opposite Champ Bailey. He does a lot of gambling and guessing so he is a playmaker but gives up big plays as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes