Dre Bly signs extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 12th Man

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Broncos | Bly signed to extension
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:13:12 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos signed CB Dre' Bly to a five-year extension. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

That clearifies that he's happy in Denver. Man, it seems that they have a lot of talent now and might be TOUGHER to beat if we meet in the playoffs.

Broncos | Bly signed to extension
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:13:12 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos signed CB Dre' Bly to a five-year extension. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

That clearifies that he's happy in Denver. Man, it seems that they have a lot of talent now and might be TOUGHER to beat if we meet in the playoffs.

If you can't get a great running game going against the Broncos you will be toast and lose...That secondary is championship caliber

Isn't he like 33?

If you can't get a great running game going against the Broncos you will be toast and lose...That secondary is championship caliber

Cornerback is strong but safety is a weakness.

Cornerback is strong but safety is a weakness.

I would disagree, Lynch is still kicking hard, Denver fans could argue comparison to Rodney, although different positions. But overall, I think they are great due to another great coach in Shanahan. You don't have to like him, but give him credit. Every game we played against them, he has had our number recently. Even the ones we won, it was very close. Give them more weapons and he will know how to use them, I guess like BB. The Broncos scare me the most next year, coming out of the AFC. Glad that we improved in FA as well. Would be a great game to watch though, AFC Championship? I know, I know, it's WAY too early to say that, just interesting.

I would disagree, Lynch is still kicking hard, Denver fans could argue comparison to Rodney, although different positions. But overall, I think they are great due to another great coach in Shanahan. You don't have to like him, but give him credit. Every game we played against them, he has had our number recently. Even the ones we won, it was very close. Give them more weapons and he will know how to use them, I guess like BB. The Broncos scare me the most next year, coming out of the AFC. Glad that we improved in FA as well. Would be a great game to watch though, AFC Championship? I know, I know, it's WAY too early to say that, just interesting.

Lynch is so overrated it's crazy. He is done. DONE.

Here more info

Broncos | Bly contract update
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:28:27 -0700

Updating a previous report, Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the five-year extension CB Dre' Bly signed with the Denver Broncos is worth $33 million. The deal includes $16 million in guarantees and $18 million in bonus money.

Lynch is so overrated it's crazy. He is done. DONE.

That is your opinion man. We all have opinions. I disagree. I can still remember how a lot of people were upset that Lynch chose Denver instead of New England.

Denver's well coached and they've had a very good off-season.

You know what's funny? I no longer fear Denver now that The Snake is gone. I think he was so bad in such a predictably unpredictable manner that it was impossible for a guy as smart as Belichick to gameplan for him.

That is your opinion man. We all have opinions. I disagree. I can still remember how a lot of people were upset that Lynch chose Denver instead of New England.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=152

Pay special attention to the part about John Lynch.

The comparison to Rodney Harrison is way off. When healthy Harrison is consistently near the top of the league in tackles, while Lynch is practically a non factor. Last year Lynch had zero sacks, zero interceptions, despite playing in all 16 games, and averaged a measily 3.6 tackles per game. For comparisons sake, Artrell Hawkins averaged 3.7 tackles per game.

Last edited:
That's great. You can't say enough about the guy. He will help Denver have the best CB tandom in football for years to come.

i agree:singing:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=152

Pay special attention to the part about John Lynch.

The comparison to Rodney Harrison is way off. When healthy Harrison is consistently near the top of the league in tackles, while Lynch is practically a non factor. Last year Lynch had zero sacks, zero interceptions, despite playing in all 16 games, and averaged a measily 3.6 tackles per game. For comparisons sake, Artrell Hawkins averaged 3.7 tackles per game.

If you're willing to argue this issue, fine. Do you realize that having a high number of tackles for a FS doesn't mean much? In fact, it usually means that the defense has a bad D-line and/or LBs because the RBs constantly get into the backfield. The interception and sacks have never been high for Lynch either (high for his career is 3), he is more known for bringing a physical presence and leadership (like Rodney) and his big hits on WRs. His style of play isn't a "ballhawk" so he doesn't get many picks, but prevents receptions. Both Lynch and Rodney are in a similar situation as they near the ends of their great careers. Rodney is different as he has always been a great run stopping, hard hitting safety and was in the box more, therefore =more tackles. Here's one for you as well: Ed Reed (arguably the best FS in the league) "ONLY" had 51 tackles last year along with 5 picks and 0 sacks playing all 16 games as well. Does that mean he isn't as good as all the FSs who had more tackles or sacks or picks? NO. Baltimore had a good run stopping defensive line and a great LB group. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Lynch is still a stud he once was, but he is a very productive leader in the secondary, comparable to Rodney with us.

If you're willing to argue this issue, fine. Do you realize that having a high number of tackles for a FS doesn't mean much? In fact, it usually means that the defense has a bad D-line and/or LBs because the RBs constantly get into the backfield. The interception and sacks have never been high for Lynch either (high for his career is 3), he is more known for bringing a physical presence and leadership (like Rodney) and his big hits on WRs. His style of play isn't a "ballhawk" so he doesn't get many picks, but prevents receptions. Both Lynch and Rodney are in a similar situation as they near the ends of their great careers. Rodney is different as he has always been a great run stopping, hard hitting safety and was in the box more, therefore =more tackles. Here's one for you as well: Ed Reed (arguably the best FS in the league) "ONLY" had 51 tackles last year along with 5 picks and 0 sacks playing all 16 games as well. Does that mean he isn't as good as all the FSs who had more tackles or sacks or picks? NO. Baltimore had a good run stopping defensive line and a great LB group. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Lynch is still a stud he once was, but he is a very productive leader in the secondary, comparable to Rodney with us.

So Lynch doesn't get sacks, tackles, or interceptions but he's still a good player? He's a shell of his former self.

So Lynch doesn't get sacks, tackles, or interceptions but he's still a good player? He's a shell of his former self.

You just have to watch some of Denver games and see what he brings to them. It's not easy to explain if you're not trying to listen. In football, it's not always about the numbers the individual brings. Ok, let me try to explain with a different position, maybe: Seymour has never had high numbers of sacks, forced/recoverd fumbles, or tackles. Yet, he is still one of the best (if not THE best) D-linemen in the NFL. Why do you think that is? Try to understand.

You just have to watch some of Denver games and see what he brings to them. It's not easy to explain if you're not trying to listen. In football, it's not always about the numbers the individual brings. Ok, let me try to explain with a different position, maybe: Seymour has never had high numbers of sacks, forced/recoverd fumbles, or tackles. Yet, he is still one of the best (if not THE best) D-linemen in the NFL. Why do you think that is? Try to understand.

If you want to believe something badly enough then there is nothing anyone can say to stop you.

I watch Denver quite a bit and Lynch is just not very good anymore.

If you want to believe something badly enough then there is nothing anyone can say to stop you.

I watch Denver quite a bit and Lynch is just not very good anymore.

He's not as good as he used to be. No question. But neither is Rodney. But they both still have some left in them. That was my point all along. I never said he was still a stud, but he still brings certain leadership and certain "intangible" things. Those things that aren't noticed by many but very much help teams win games. We have plenty of guys like that on our team, and that is also probably the reason BB/Pioli wanted to sign Lynch a few years back, but he decided to go to Denver instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes