PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFTTT!!! Who are you happy with taking at #29 (assuming we don't move down)

your not a noles fan aswell are you? or were you being ironic

Just commenting on the fact that his first three picks were FSU guys.

I'm hoping for one of Carradine/Werner/Jones or Hopkins/Woods/Allen at 29

Got the call........they are going after Woods or Hopkins. If both gone, they will be pissed. Plan C.....Dobson. My guy gave me both Chandler and Hightower last year, Spikes and Ridley in the past. Guess BB sick of scoring 13 points in losing playoff games....and besides.....there is a a huge hole on the roster that HAS TO BE FILLED

blows my mind that there are people who think we're set at WR.

blows my mind that there are people who think we're set at WR.

Preaching to the choir. With two gimpy TEs and Danny Glassendola, how can they not seek out a dynamic young buck. Plan B vs Baltimore with no Gronk was a disaster without a play making option on the outside. And Lloyd was not that play making option......unless falling down is what you call play making. For that game, WW was the deep threat. That tells me enough that the WR corps was a mess and needs further retooling.

I think you WR guys will be disappointed. We'll draft a WR but I don't think it'll be in the first round.

Tank is my first choice if the reports are good on his knee. Jesse Williams would make a great rotational guy with Kelly. I think those are great possibilities. Hunt or Datone Jones also could be but there's a little more + and - there that it's hard to guess where the Patriots would have them ranked.

Got the call........they are going after Woods or Hopkins. If both gone, they will be pissed. Plan C.....Dobson. My guy gave me both Chandler and Hightower last year, Spikes and Ridley in the past. Guess BB sick of scoring 13 points in losing playoff games....and besides.....there is a a huge hole on the roster that HAS TO BE FILLED

Dobson may be there in round 2. What does your guy tell you about rounds 2,3,7 & 7 ? Targeting more than 1 receiver ? I'd be thrilled with either Woods or Hopkins in rd 1, not so thrilled with Dobson in rd 1, but if they love him, so be it.

I think you WR guys will be disappointed. We'll draft a WR but I don't think it'll be in the first round.

Tank is my first choice if the reports are good on his knee. Jesse Williams would make a great rotational guy with Kelly. I think those are great possibilities. Hunt or Datone Jones also could be but there's a little more + and - there that it's hard to guess where the Patriots would have them ranked.

The disappointment will be from the Pats if Woods or Hopkins are gone?
"Pissed" is how their reaction will be if both WRS get selected in front of them...so I've been led to believe.

Probably no better than 50-50 than one of Woods or Hopkins is there. They are both on my first round board (Woods #2 behind Tank). Still have to see them take a WR in round one to believe it though.

Holding you to it :)

"Pissed" is how their reaction will be if both WRS get selected in front of them...so I've been led to believe.
Well I don't have a "guy" just my gut feel. Woods and Hopkins are both on my first round board though.

This is my 1st round board that I made a few days ago.

1st
Tank Carradine (DL)
Robert Woods (WR)
DJ Hayden (CB)
Jamar Taylor (CB)
De'Andre Hopkins (WR)
Desmond Trufant (CB)
Arthur Brown (LB)

Dobson may be there in round 2. What does your guy tell you about rounds 2,3,7 & 7 ? Targeting more than 1 receiver ? I'd be thrilled with either Woods or Hopkins in rd 1, not so thrilled with Dobson in rd 1, but if they love him, so be it.
Yeah, not clear if "Plan C" would be in the first round or not.

That's all I got this year. Usually I get two lists......the elite guys that impress them, and targeted players. Ridley and Spikes were described to me as...."will be NE Patriots".
This year, need is front and center and if you think about it, there is only one hole in the starting 22.....WR.

Yeah, not clear if "Plan C" would be in the first round or not.

I don't know who any of these guys are. Tonight will be the first time I hear most of the names for the first time. My Pats obsession just might be waning.......until Sept :)

If they really want one they should think about trading the 1&2 for a higher 1 and a 3. There's some WR needy teams a little in front like Minnesota, Houston and St. Louis. Once Hopkins goes they may want to get ready to move in front of Houston or prepare for disappointment. Bill usually has good info on this kind of thing.

Do you have a link to the posts about the previous years scoop your guy gave you? Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying I don't believe you. FWIW, I like Woods and Hopkins (Woods more) so I hope your guy is right.

Do you have a link to the posts about the previous years scoop your guy gave you? Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just saying I don't believe you. FWIW, I like Woods and Hopkins (Woods more) so I hope your guy is right.
Searching the forum isn't THAT hard :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...al-draft-rumors-thread-page3.html#post3025497

borg said:
My guy came through. Last week he said they were looking at Irvin, today he says..........

"D. HIGHTOWER, POE—DT , McClellen from Boise. They don’t think any of these guys will be there at their slot unless they make a move.
Others on the list C. Jones from Syracuse , Ingram but not real high on him
If draft falls apart they have no problem taking RG Jeff Allen."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes