PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DraftTek discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did my own simulation through DraftTek and changed some of the priorities for New England as well as added some lockouts and grabs.

Here's what it spit out:

22. Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
42. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
47. Aaron Hernandez TE Florida
53. Jason Worilds OLB Virginia Tech
116. Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami
180. Jonathon Crompton QB Tennessee
213. Leigh Tiffin K Alabama
215. Kurt Coleman SS Ohio State

I'd be happy with this draft through 53, then it goes to hell. One interesting thing to note is Spiller, Kindle, Sapp, Dan Williams, Pierre-Paul and Odrick all go after Dunlap at 22. If their was that much talent on the board at 22, I'd try to make a small trade down. Micah Johnson goes two picks after Sharpton and he'd probably be a better fit as a 3-4 ILB in New England and Arthur Jones was also on the board. At 180, the Pats could have Blair White, recent PatsFans favorite Marcus Easley, Mayo favorite Clifton Geathers or DONALD BUTLER from UW who is somehow still on the board going 202 to Tampa Bay. Not a lot of interesting players left after 213 to replace the Tiffin pick, but I think we can safely say a kicker is not on the agenda.

Sharpton's a 4-3 MLB only IMO.

I just did my own simulation through DraftTek and changed some of the priorities for New England as well as added some lockouts and grabs.

Here's what it spit out:

42. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
47. Aaron Hernandez TE Florida
53. Jason Worilds OLB Virginia Tech

If we are getting those 3 guys in the 2nd round I am DEFINITELY trading down in the 1st and picking up an extra 3rd in this year's draft. Unfortunately I don't think it will pan out that perfectly.

Here's the latest, posted 3/2/10:

1. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
2a. WR Damian Williams
2b. TE Aaron Hernandez
2c. DE Alex Carrington
4. RB Ben Tate

And now, the :bricks::

6. QB Jonathan Crompton
7a. K Leigh Tiffin
7b. SS Kurt Coleman

Ben Tate in the 4th is robbery. I can't see him dropping that far.

1. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
2a. WR Damian Williams
2b. TE Aaron Hernandez
2c. DE Alex Carrington
4. RB Ben Tate

And now, the :bricks::

6. QB Jonathan Crompton
7a. K Leigh Tiffin
7b. SS Kurt Coleman

Cmon you dont honestly expect them to get every pick on the same page as the people who actually follow the team do you? They did good with the first 5 picks thats more than most credible sites.

1. DE/OLB Brandon Graham
2a. WR Damian Williams
2b. TE Aaron Hernandez
2c. DE Alex Carrington
4. RB Ben Tate
6. QB Jonathan Crompton
7a. K Leigh Tiffin
7b. SS Kurt Coleman

3/9/2010:

1. back to DE/OLB Carlos Dunlap
2a. TE Aaron Hernandez
2b. OLB Koa Misi
2c. WR Taylor Price*
4. SS Darrell Stuckey :bricks:
6. QB John Skelton
7a. RB Andre Anderson
7b. K Leigh Tiffin :bricks:

*Between Hernandez and Price, they have a run on WRs, with Damian Williams (45), Benn (48), and Demaryius Thomas (49) all coming off the board.

Here's the 3/30 mock, which is actually halfway decent:

1. Everson Griffen, OLB
2a. Damian Williams, WR, USC
2b. Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
2c. Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
4. Dorin ****erson, TE, Pitt
6. Terrell Skinner, SS, Maryland
6 (comp). Andre Dixon, RB, Connecticut
7a. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
7b. Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State
7 (comp). Kyle McCarthy, FS, Notre Dame
7 (comp). Doug Worthington, DE, Ohio State
7 (comp). Jameson Konz, FB, Kent State

Here's the 3/30 mock, which is actually halfway decent:

Awful. Absolutely awful. Griffen is not a good fit for a 34 defense (and I don't like him in the 1st round), I like Jackson but the Pats are ok at CB at least for the first few rounds, 2 TE's on back to back picks? Neither of whom are plus blockers - Hernandez is subpar at best? No DE until a throwaway 7th rounder?

It's one of those drafts where someone has picked random players according to need without considering scheme in the slightest.

I'd probably shoot myself in the face if that's an accurate prediction of Draft Day.

I'd probably shoot myself in the face if that's an accurate prediction of Draft Day.

Tough crowd. But they've actually had worse in recent weeks (e.g., their previous mock had the Pats taking Colt McCoy).

Tough crowd. But they've actually had worse in recent weeks (e.g., their previous mock had the Pats taking Colt McCoy).

This comment, along with the entire thread, points out why the entire concept of doing mock drafts in Jan, Feb, etc. is so stupid. And in particular, this site seems like it's not worth following.

1. Everson Griffen, OLB
2a. Damian Williams, WR, USC replace with Tim Tebow, Savior, FL
2b. Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
2c. Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
4. Dorin ****erson, TE, Pitt
6. Terrell Skinner, SS, Maryland
6 (comp). Andre Dixon, RB, Connecticut
7a. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
7b. Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State
7 (comp). Kyle McCarthy, FS, Notre Dame
7 (comp). Doug Worthington, DE, Ohio State
7 (comp). Jameson Konz, FB, Kent State

There I fixed it for ya, no need to shoot yerself, Tebow is otw! :bricks:

Last edited:

If it helps any, their 7th round is excellent. :)

on thing i like about that site is that you can use their sustem to make trades and grab certian players and lock out certian players

You know what they say about all the best laid plans of mice and men...

Conventional wisdom today has Kindle, Graham, Pierre-Paul all going before NE picks at # 22. Ryan Matthews probably does not get past San Diego at the bottom of the first round.

But Dunlap, Odrick may be available in the first round. Six years ago who knew Big Vince would fall to New England?

Griffin is another boom or bust player that I would not risk a 1st rounder on. More Gholston than Willie Mac, IMO.

But there are some players I like in that draft and some I don't. When the actual Patriots draft is over, there will be some that I like and some that I don't.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes