PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drafttek 7 rd mock 4/13 (not bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible

Graham: Doesn't fit here. He is too short and short-armed. Insert your "screw prototypes" and "he tries wickeeed haaaahhhhdd" comments, but even Mr. Intangibles himself Tedy Bruschi said he is too short to play 3-4 OLB here. Rudy played hard too.
Gresham: Too stiff and injury prone. Give me Hernandez or Pitta over him any day.
Williams: Can't separate. Pass
Carrington: Love this pick
Chancellor: Any safety pick should be more of a CF-depth type. Chung, Sanders, and McGowan are all more in the box guys.
Blount: Worth the risk here. I think his character is redeemable.
Mesko: Don't love the punter pick, but he is the consensus best one in the draft.
Carroll: Good special teams CB
Quarless: I know people around the Penn State program and they all say he is a world-class jerk.
****son: Good TE/FB versatility. I'm ok with it.
Canfield: Doesn't have the arm strength the Patriots have traditionally looked for with their late-round /UDFA QBs. (with the exception of Kingsbury).
Welch: I like. Tall, nasty, versatile OL.

I agree 100% with your assessment of Graham and gresham.
On Williams however, please keep in mind that Williams is the best route runner in this draft and BB gravitates toward those types of college WR's. And while I have never a fan of USC WR's due to the funky route tree they run,I keep in mind that this kid followed his QB out to USC from Arkansas and that tells me good things about an aspect of his personality.

As for Welch, I could not agree more! I like NASTY! Our O Line needs more nasty. That is why I like OG Johnson of Alabama so much. He is nasty and really dogs defenders right through the lasty echo of the whistle. I love it.

Draft Tek - NFL Consensus Mock Draft 2010 Round 1 (1-16)

Here are the picks...

22. Graham, DE Michigan
44. Gresham, TE Oklahoma
47. Williams, WR USC
53 Carrington DE Arkansas State
119. Chancellor, SS Va Tech I don't see the Pats adding a safety when they have Chung, Meriweather, McGowan, Sanders, Lockett, and Arringron there.
190. Blount, RB Oregon
205. Quarels, TE Penn ST. No F'in way are the Pats touching this guy.. His name is Andrew Quarless and he's got more character red flags than Brandon Marshall.
229. Mesko, P, Michigan Don't care for this kid..
231. Carroll CB, Maryland
247. ****son, FB LSU
248. Canfield, QB Oregon ST.
250. Welch, OT Vandy

I'm not crazy about Williams (USC WR bust factor) especially when Gilary is still available at 119, but I do like the Blount, Mesko, and ****son late picks. Overall I could live with this.

I think the ****son pick is horrible even for a late rounder. Scott Sicko or Jameson Konz would be better picks for a TE.

I'd rather see another WR such as Scott Long or a CB like A.J. Jefferson in the mix.

There are better TEs than Quarless that the Pats will look at, imho.

Why do we need Rushers, as in plural. We resigned Banta-cain so we don't need two, especially in the first 2 rounds. Odrick is no better than what we have now, he's just a better prospect than Carrington. Great draft!

Odrick would be a starting DE in the 3-4, not an OLB in the 3-4.

I think the ****son pick is horrible even for a late rounder. Scott Sicko or Jameson Konz would be better picks for a TE.

I'd rather see another WR such as Scott Long or a CB like A.J. Jefferson in the mix.

There are better TEs than Quarless that the Pats will look at, imho.

I think you are 100% correct. Long is a really intriguing prospect.

And having a TE that runs a 4.36 would be a dream. All BB has to do is hope he can catch and then ISO him on a linebacker or safety. The deep seam would be ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back