Drafttek 7 rd mock 4/13 (not bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Draft Tek - NFL Consensus Mock Draft 2010 Round 1 (1-16)

Here are the picks...

22. Graham, DE Michigan
44. Gresham, TE Oklahoma
47. Williams, WR USC
53 Carrington DE Arkansas State
119. Chancellor, SS Va Tech
190. Blount, RB Oregon
205. Quarels, TE Penn ST.
229. Mesko, P, Michigan
231. Carroll CB, Maryland
247. ****son, FB LSU
248. Canfield, QB Oregon ST.
250. Welch, OT Vandy

I'm not crazy about Williams (USC WR bust factor) especially when Gilary is still available at 119, but I do like the Blount, Mesko, and ****son late picks. Overall I could live with this.

i like Blount there as well.

Would prefer to see 2 WRs (one in the 2nd and another late round "project") instead of 2 TEs.

Could Gresham really slip to the 2nd? If we could get Gresham and Graham that would be awesome. Also, IDK about Blount he seems like a punk.

I love that mock draft, especially the first 4 picks. It's not perfect, I'd take a different player in the 4th round and I prefer Bowlen to Mezko at Punter, but aside from that I'd be prety damn happy.

I like it. However, I would hope that if Odrick started to fall into the 2nd round (this mock has him going 39th to Oak) that the Pats would attempt to trade up for him. Graham and Odrick by themselves would make this a good draft.

Swap Kindle for Graham and I love it.

Don't see Gresh being there, so i'd take Gronkowski if he was there.

Gilyard or Roberts ahead of the SS in the 4th. Though if we can't get a 5th, i'd take George Selvie there.

I like Konz in 6th/7th.

Hell, i'd consider Snead in the 6th to see what he can do.

Doubt that Graham falls to #22, but I'd certainly take him.

I'd much rather take Saffold than Gresham at #44.

Damian Williams is okay at #47, I guess.

Carrington at #53 would be great, though we'd miss Tennant.

*** McCluster, Misi, Worilds, Ben Tate, Decker, Gerhart, TJ Ward, Blair White and Alualu all get by us in the 3rd.

Chancellor is -meh- at #119. I'd rather try for ****erson (one slot up), or Gilyard, Andre Roberts, Jeremy Williams who go just after.

*** James Starks, Jamar Chaney, AJ Edds, Te'o-Nesheim all go in the 5th without us.

Shay Hodge and Joe Webb go before our first 6th-rounder. I'd rather have Lonyae Miller (2 slots down) than Blount at #190. Or Mike Kafka. I'm very good with Quarless at #205, though.

I'm also not enamored with Mesko at #229 and never heard of Nolan Carroll (#231). I'd much rather go Andre Dixon and Seyi Ajirotutu at those picks.

****son, Canfield, Welch at #247, 248 & 250, respectively are whatever, but, since DraftTek doesn't list PFAs after #255, the only guy left on their list who I might perefer is Hoomanawanui. Good blocker and can actually catch a little. PLUS it would be a stitch listening to Chuckie butcher the guy's name 17 different ways.

So, yeah, all-in-all not nearly as bad as most, but BB will probably do better by us.

I suppose I'm fine with Graham or Kindle instead of Odrick if I know that I will get Carrington a 53.

Draft Tek - NFL Consensus Mock Draft 2010 Round 1 (1-16)

Here are the picks...

22. Graham, DE Michigan
44. Gresham, TE Oklahoma
47. Williams, WR USC
53 Carrington DE Arkansas State
119. Chancellor, SS Va Tech
190. Blount, RB Oregon
205. Quarels, TE Penn ST.
229. Mesko, P, Michigan
231. Carroll CB, Maryland
247. ****son, FB LSU
248. Canfield, QB Oregon ST.
250. Welch, OT Vandy

I'm not crazy about Williams (USC WR bust factor) especially when Gilary is still available at 119, but I do like the Blount, Mesko, and ****son late picks. Overall I could live with this.

Last edited:
So much for edge rushers...meh :confused3:
In the 3-4 Graham translates to OLB
Carrington is no better than what we have, although younger.

Not my fav

So much for edge rushers...meh :confused3:
In the 3-4 Graham translates to OLB
Carrington is no better than what we have, although younger.

Not my fav

Why do we need Rushers, as in plural. We resigned Banta-cain so we don't need two, especially in the first 2 rounds. Odrick is no better than what we have now, he's just a better prospect than Carrington. Great draft!

Why do we need Rushers, as in plural. We resigned Banta-cain so we don't need two, especially in the first 2 rounds.
Cain isn't a starting caliber OLB.

Cain isn't a starting caliber OLB.

im content with him as one. I think he is starting caliber just not a demarcus ware. I bet this mock draft might have to of our picks on there.

Horrible

Graham: Doesn't fit here. He is too short and short-armed. Insert your "screw prototypes" and "he tries wickeeed haaaahhhhdd" comments, but even Mr. Intangibles himself Tedy Bruschi said he is too short to play 3-4 OLB here. Rudy played hard too.
Gresham: Too stiff and injury prone. Give me Hernandez or Pitta over him any day.
Williams: Can't separate. Pass
Carrington: Love this pick
Chancellor: Any safety pick should be more of a CF-depth type. Chung, Sanders, and McGowan are all more in the box guys.
Blount: Worth the risk here. I think his character is redeemable.
Mesko: Don't love the punter pick, but he is the consensus best one in the draft.
Carroll: Good special teams CB
Quarless: I know people around the Penn State program and they all say he is a world-class jerk.
****son: Good TE/FB versatility. I'm ok with it.
Canfield: Doesn't have the arm strength the Patriots have traditionally looked for with their late-round /UDFA QBs. (with the exception of Kingsbury).
Welch: I like. Tall, nasty, versatile OL.

5 against the high powered Bills. Big Deal.

4 of Ware's sacks came against KC and Greenbay, two teams with just as bad protection. Tully is a starter in this league like it or not and he's better than any rookie we would bring in right now. Why would we waste 2 of our first 4 picks trying to upgrade a position in which there is only one opening, especially after the we resigned TBC for good money.

round 4......chancellor when linval joseph is still on the board? I'll take joseph

but the early stuff is not bad

Wow I'd be in heaven in this draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing