PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drafting a Replacemenr for Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Does BB spend a first rounder on drafting a replacement for Seymour? I think it has to be job #1 on BB's to do list for the upcoming draft. I am assuming Brady gets his new deal soon.

Bailey of Miami would seem to be an ideal candidate, I wish he were a bit taller, but there is no denying the talent is there.

Does BB spend a first rounder on drafting a replacement for Seymour? I think it has to be job #1 on BB's to do list for the upcoming draft. I am assuming Brady gets his new deal soon.

Bailey of Miami would seem to be an ideal candidate, I wish he were a bit taller, but there is no denying the talent is there.
I think he would, he doesn't seem to have a problem drafting D-Lineman, he has a history of it. I think he would use a top ten pic if Oaklands turns out that way.

Last edited:
Well, we know he didn't like Odrick. Otherwise, he easily would've been the pick. Personally, I'm not a fan of many guys in the upcoming draft. Way too many athletic DTs known for their sack numbers. Seymour had one sack his senior year and was still the 6th overall pick. The scheme is about handling double teams, not shooting gaps or anything. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm betting Bill picks one of the lesser-known prospects as Seymour's replacement. I'll throw out a sleeper in Iowa's Christian Ballard. He's 6'4'', 297, and plays for BB's old OL coach when he was in Cleveland.

This my #1 priority looking ahead to the 2011 draft.

How can you not be excited about the number of possible 34 ends next spring.

The first two I am going to look at are Heyward and Crick (hopefully he declares).

Bailey is a possibility, but I am not convinced yet.

Then there is the next wave of guys like Cam Jordan, Adrian Taylor, Chris Ballard, along with juniors Derek Wolfe, Lawrence Guy.

Last edited:
Jared Crick from Nebraska is a guy I'm watching. The NCAA probe reached him if I remember correctly and this could damage his stock going forward. This year is going to be crucial for him since he played next to Suh last year and put up huge numbers. He's got the build, speed, and strength to play end in the 34, this season is his opportunity to show that he can handle the double team and still be productive.

I thought Alex Carrington would have been great but we let the Bills grab him, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back