PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drafting 32 again, how sweet it is...

I am still hoping we Trade out of 32 and get extra picks.

I like the de, DT or OG with our first pick, regardless of round.

Late night on April 30th the price of being the best..

TRADE UP !

I am still hoping we Trade out of 32 and get extra picks.

I like the de, DT or OG with our first pick, regardless of round.

Do we have the roster space for more than 6-8 rookies? Guessing we keep McCourty and Revis. We have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Needs
DT
De
2 guards- one who can play a little tackle
WR - Will have to beat out Boyce or Dobson
TE - Will have to beat out Hoo-Man
RB - Will have to beat out White and Gaffney
LB - if we don't keep Ayers and Casillas

I don't see how that pick will be anything other than an OG, WR, or DT. I guess DE is a possibility if someone amazing drops.

I don't see how that pick will be anything other than an OG, WR, or DT. I guess DE is a possibility if someone amazing drops.

We don't really have a viable option behind Chandler/Ninko at DE. Way too early to tell on low round picks like Moore and Buchanan. We will prob lose Ayers. I thought Chandler/Ninko played way too many snaps this past season. And, Ninko isn't a spring chicken any more. I can see G, DT or DE. The DT's are harder to judge because it's tough to guess what type of motor a 320lb human being has. It's a lot easier to see the desire/athleticism from a de. I'm leaning towards Odighizuwa right now. Maybe, Armstead too. I think both could play LDE in a 4-2-5 or 4-3. Can prob slide inside in obvious passing situations. I think we can get a decent G at 64; Cann, Ogbuehi, Kouandijo, Tomlinson, Poutasi and maybe Donovan Smith will be there and be a decent fit too.

We don't really have a viable option behind Chandler/Ninko at DE. Way too early to tell on low round picks like Moore and Buchanan. We will prob lose Ayers. I thought Chandler/Ninko played way too many snaps this past season. And, Ninko isn't a spring chicken any more. I can see G, DT or DE. The DT's are harder to judge because it's tough to guess what type of motor a 320lb human being has. It's a lot easier to see the desire/athleticism from a de. I'm leaning towards Odighizuwa right now. Maybe, Armstead too. I think both could play LDE in a 4-2-5 or 4-3. Can prob slide inside in obvious passing situations. I think we can get a decent G at 64; Cann, Ogbuehi, Kouandijo, Tomlinson, Poutasi and maybe Donovan Smith will be there and be a decent fit too.
Personally, I believe Hightower will be playing that role next year like he was early last year before Mayo got hurt. I agree with you about not trusting DT prospects with motor questions like Philips or Davis in the 1st round. And also that we can get a decent OG in the 2nd. That's why I'm leaning towards taking an explosive outside WR at 32 like Devin Smith or Jaelen Strong.

Essentially the team is solid or better at all spots, the ideal way to enter the draft. They can go in and choose BPA to create competition and raise depth. Both lines could use some support and the draft is deep at DE. If the first three rounds include DT, OG, DE that will work for me.

I am so tempted to go to the draft this year, but do not want to sit for however many hours to watch the pats trade out of the first round.

I am so tempted to go to the draft this year, but do not want to sit for however many hours to watch the pats trade out of the first round.

Sounds like a rough trip. Surrounded by Pats haters all the way until the end of the night.

It's in Chicago, so hopefully it won't be that bad. But the haters are everywhere.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back