Welcome to PatsFans.com

Draftguys 3-round mock

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Seneschal2, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Round 1
    Round 2
    Round 3
  2. aaron spacemuseum

aaron spacemuseum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

While there are other backers I prefer for the 1st round, this would be an amazing draft overall. I'm skeptical that Smith is there at the end of the second, but maybe we'd be able to snag Delmas or Moore as a consolation.
  3. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 6 / -0

A funny trend I'm noticing about this year's draft is how often I'll be perfectly happy with a mock despite hating the first-round pick. Maybe that means that the old saw about there not being a big difference among picks 20-50 or so really holds this year.
  4. roguepatriot

roguepatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If they can get those guys, it would have already been a successful draft and day 2 and the comp pick would then be icing.
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

This is the first time I've seen Sean Smith being around at #58. Most rankings and mocks have him in the last 1/3 of the first, or top of the 2nd.
  6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

I certainly agree. This looks like as thorough a mock as most, and look at those at 35 - 50 who some think might be in the first round: Davis S 35, Matthews LB 41, Sintim LB 45. Delmas S 46, Gilbert DL 47, Unger OG/OC 48, not to mention Smith DB at 58.

Maybe the combine and pro dates will clean this up a bit, but 20-30 doesn't seem to be a valuable range for a spot for us.

7. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I and many others have been saying it for a while, this is a fantastic, deep draft. I'll be surprised if the Pats don't come up with at least 3 quality starters out of it.

No Cushing, or any USC linebacker for that matter, in the first though, please.
  8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

It's not a bad looking draft despite the fact that I don't like Cushing all that much. It could be worse, at least they seem to understand some of the Pats positional needs.
  9. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I love the Urbik pick. This guy is a flat back road grader on running plays. I wonder about the pass protection, especailly after watching Yates get his lunch handed to him on almost every play. I wonder if Urbik is too tall to play guard. I could see a lot of DT's getting underneath his pads and driving him ten yards backwards.
    Maybe with a year or two of tempering under Dante's fire and his technique in pass protection will equal his strength in run blocking.
  10. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Cushing? Not so sure about him. Just seems to have had too much help there at USC. >{Leave out comments about Keith Rivers please because it won't change my opinion one iota.} It's hard to place who was the real mustard with those USC LB's.

Put Sintim in his place and I'd sleep well when day 1 was over. Btw, if Sean Smith is there at 47 and the Pat's don't take him and we miss out on him at 58, I would be very displeased. I really like that kid alot.
  11. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Of the 3 USC LBs I think Rey Maualuga is the real deal. In all likelyhood he'll be in the top 15 range. Hopefully he goes ahead of the Jets at 17 anyway.
  12. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't complain about it
  13. Gator Mike

Gator Mike Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

Interesting analysis from Mike Mayock on NFL Network in breaking down OLB prospects.

Mayock says he sees Cushing as a 4-3 SAM linebacker, or a 3-4 ILB. In other words, Mayock doesn't seem to think he's a fit for the Patriots.
  14. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Cushing is a very versitile LB - he played inside, outside and DE at USC... that's something that I would think Belichick might take notice of, but its still too early for me to take any mock draft predictions seriously.
  15. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No way Smith lasts to 58 .. more like 20-32 if he has a good combine .. he's a Pats player with his versatility, he's tall (which we need), can play in passing packages and I'd expect him to be someone the FO is seriously looking at
  16. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +222 / 17 / -2

If the draft were taking place this weekend, Sean Smith might very well be the pick at 23. The need is great at safety. We could be meet the need in free agency, but unless we sign a relatively young safety, I would still expect that safeties will be high on the [atriot draft boards for the first three rounds. My preference at this point would be to bring back Harrison, re-sign James Sanders AND draft a safety early. We would be in fine shape for 2009 and into the future. I would also bring back Lew Sanders as the swing back, able to start at corner or safety.

SECONDARY
    Hobbs, draftee, Wilhite, Wheatley, Sanders
    Meriweather, Harrison/fa, Sanders/fa, draftee, Spann/Richardson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.