PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft

nice pick by the green team. smart is bull. he plays hard. so glad embiid went early. I love napier. but I can't see them taking 2 guards.

Do you still love Napier? ;)

Simmons should not be on the air. He doesn't even try to be professional and objective. Watch him roll his eyes at the end of the clip. Funny thing is that he was lauding the Hornets for taking Napier, gushing about how he and Kemba Walker were going to be the best 1-2 guard punch in the league. The second he's traded to Miami, Simmons whines about other teams helping Miami and rolls his eyes. What a little putz.

My thoughts.

-Simmons was awful and not prepared, I watch the draft to learn things about players i have not seen. He's talking about evaluating them on you tube. He took over the show and was brutal, no analysis whatsoever. I really hope they don't allow him on the panel next year, or put him as a sidebar commentator on a different desk. Jalen Rose was not prepared either.

- Smart - I'm not his biggest fan, he can play defense and is physically ready, but he's not a great shooter and wants to be a scorer. I don't know if he makes players around him better. Rondo can't shoot either, but he's an elite defender, who attacks and is a strong passer. I feel like we just downgraded a bit. I wanted Randle, i think he can be a 20/10 guy in the Zack Randolph mode.

-Wiggins is a freak, his spin move and quickness are at an all-star level already. He'll be the best player in the draft.

Simmons should not be on the air. He doesn't even try to be professional and objective. Watch him roll his eyes at the end of the clip. Funny thing is that he was lauding the Hornets for taking Napier, gushing about how he and Kemba Walker were going to be the best 1-2 guard punch in the league. The second he's traded to Miami, Simmons whines about other teams helping Miami and rolls his eyes. What a little putz.

I'm happy i'm not the only one who thought he was awful

I'm happy i'm not the only one who thought he was awful

I mean, I noticed it well before all that even happened. He seemed very ill informed about any of the players in this draft short of possibly Wiggins. But that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've never liked Simmons. Even before he became the Prince of the Heat haters (with Skip Bayless being the king). But if you're on-air as a sportscaster, you're supposed to remain objective even if you hate the team you're talking about with every bone in your body. Simmons obviously can't do that where even Jalen Rose can. He's a smarmy little putz and if I ever ran into him in a back alley I would literally shove his head up his ass.

On everything he was awful. He was ripping Exum because he never saw him play. How can you evaluate a player if you haven't seen them live and I don't think he's seen any of these players live

I'd agree Simmons was bad analysis wise.

But he has a point on Napier. WTF are you doing Charlotte? You could've had Napier-Kemba but just handed it to Miami for no reason. Freaking stupid.

Now the favorite college player, Napier, I have to hate. Thanks Charlotte and Riley.

I loved the picks by the Celtics but had a bad feeling the moment we lost out on Gordon that Smart was the pick at 6 so we weren't going PG again so Napier was gonna fall........... UGH.

I was all peppy last night and so happy when Charlotte took Napier before Miami, then BAM. Gut punch.

I mean, I noticed it well before all that even happened. He seemed very ill informed about any of the players in this draft short of possibly Wiggins. But that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've never liked Simmons. Even before he became the Prince of the Heat haters (with Skip Bayless being the king). But if you're on-air as a sportscaster, you're supposed to remain objective even if you hate the team you're talking about with every bone in your body. Simmons obviously can't do that where even Jalen Rose can. He's a smarmy little putz and if I ever ran into him in a back alley I would literally shove his head up his ass.

I'm sorry but that's not Bill Simmons fault. Blame ESPN for giving him such a huge role in their NBA coverage now. This is what Bill Simmons is and how he became a big writer, he is heavily biased towards his own teams and will willingly rip guys/teams consistently.

I've always thought it was dumb of ESPN to have him on. He's the biggest Boston homer ever and that's not going to change. He's not afraid of losing his TV time. He's sold books and has the whole grantland thing.

You know what you're gonna get with Simmons.. Blame ESPN

his contract is awful. hes not worth it.

Green's contract isn't terrible. He's paid 10mil and averages 16-4-2 that stat is equal value to the contract around the league.

While watching Green is the biggest headache in the world, one night he's D'ing up All-star and dropping buckets a the next he's walking up and down the court looking blazed, he does have a great amount of talent.

He's still relatively young. Give him a legit season with a real team. We saw the damage he can do in the 2013 playoffs vs. the Knicks where he avg like 22-6-3

I'm sorry but that's not Bill Simmons fault. Blame ESPN for giving him such a huge role in their NBA coverage now. This is what Bill Simmons is and how he became a big writer, he is heavily biased towards his own teams and will willingly rip guys/teams consistently.

I've always thought it was dumb of ESPN to have him on. He's the biggest Boston homer ever and that's not going to change. He's not afraid of losing his TV time. He's sold books and has the whole grantland thing.

Sure it is. It's both of their faults. ESPN should tell him to tone it down and Simmons should know that he's speaking on a more broad public forum when he's on-air. Aikman is probably the biggest Dallas Cowboys homer to be a broadcaster, but he somehow manages to keep it objective. So does Rodney on NBC most of the time. I'm fine with some homerism here and there. But his is blatent. If he simply can't control himself, which is what you're trying to state here, then he should be removed from network television. And my god was he awful in pretty much every other aspect of the draft. In what world does it make sense to not study the people you're going to be talking about on live telvision in front of thousands of people?

What bothered me was the lack of preparation he did on the players.

From a Celtics standpoint, they got two great players. You guys should really be excited about Smart. I have a feeling that kid is going to be very good in this league. As a downside, the Lakers got Julius Randle. That's a solid move, for them.

Sure it is. It's both of their faults. ESPN should tell him to tone it down and Simmons should know that he's speaking on a more broad public forum when he's on-air. Aikman is probably the biggest Dallas Cowboys homer to be a broadcaster, but he somehow manages to keep it objective. So does Rodney on NBC most of the time. I'm fine with some homerism here and there. But his is blatent. If he simply can't control himself, which is what you're trying to state here, then he should be removed from network television. And my god was he awful in pretty much every other aspect of the draft. In what world does it make sense to not study the people you're going to be talking about on live telvision in front of thousands of people?

I don't think Simmons should be on the air to be honest. He should be working at CSNNE doing JUST Celtics talk with a smaller amount of broader NBA talk. I don't mind his homerism because its Boston, but I could understand why anyone else hates him...

I didn't really listen to Simmons much, I would listen to Jay then mute it and listen to Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the radio because those two are bball junkies and I wanted to hear them.

Simmons from what I heard , sucked.

I don't think Simmons should be on the air to be honest. He should be working at CSNNE doing JUST Celtics talk with a smaller amount of broader NBA talk. I don't mind his homerism because its Boston, but I could understand why anyone else hates him...

I didn't really listen to Simmons much, I would listen to Jay then mute it and listen to Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the radio because those two are bball junkies and I wanted to hear them.

Simmons from what I heard , sucked.

Oh, he was awful. You can tell he didn't do his homework on a single prospect outside of Wiggins. He was bascially a fanboy sitting up there and allowed to comment on the draft. Hell, I think even a fanboy would have been more informed than he was.

Oh, he was awful. You can tell he didn't do his homework on a single prospect outside of Wiggins. He was bascially a fanboy sitting up there and allowed to comment on the draft. Hell, I think even a fanboy would have been more informed than he was.

Yeah I heard his talk on picks 1-8 then most of the second round, which was rough.

He took all his thoughts right from draftexrpess.com it looked like.

Like I said, this is ESPN's fault. If they continue to pay Simmons to be a fanboy, he's not gonna stop

On everything he was awful. He was ripping Exum because he never saw him play. How can you evaluate a player if you haven't seen them live and I don't think he's seen any of these players live

Most of the GMs in the league haven't seen Exum play live either.

Green's contract isn't terrible. He's paid 10mil and averages 16-4-2 that stat is equal value to the contract around the league.

While watching Green is the biggest headache in the world, one night he's D'ing up All-star and dropping buckets a the next he's walking up and down the court looking blazed, he does have a great amount of talent.

He's still relatively young. Give him a legit season with a real team. We saw the damage he can do in the 2013 playoffs vs. the Knicks where he avg like 22-6-3

Completely disagree. Green sucks, and his contract sucks too. He doesn't deserve to wear the green.
If he's still on the Opening Night roster, then Danny should be fired.

Completely disagree. Green sucks, and his contract sucks too. He doesn't deserve to wear the green.
If he's still on the Opening Night roster, then Danny should be fired.

Bold statement. Green took over vs. the Knicks in the playoffs two seasons ago. He also takes over games during the season as well.

Of course everyone hates Green, we tanked last season and he was the one carrying that flag.

I'm telling you, put him on a team with players and make him he 4th-5th scoring option and he's very good. He's not a 1-2 option, just not.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back