PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomdomb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So, after this utter debacle what needs upgrading. Ty Warren and the rest of injured d-line should be healthy. We need to resign Logan.

1. A pass rusher. Sanchez had all day. Even a sh!tbag like him can make passes with that amount of time to throw. No pressure all day. Unacceptable.

2. A new Matt Light. Time to hang em up or move Matt inside.

3. A couple more offensive lineman.

4. A legit deep threat. Maybe we already have this with Tate but he better show something more very soon.

Any thoughts?

I have said it before and saying it now: I want AJ Green. This little dink and dunk crap works much better when you can clear the short/middle of the field.

Get AJ Green somehow and then concentrate on pass rush.

Ugh. Too soon. Too soon. I am still in mourning....

Ugh. Too soon. Too soon. I am still in mourning....

Got to let it go. It sucks. It's over. Awful playcalling. Awful to lose to a bunch of loons but the best medicine is to move on.

I think we need to draft a WR that is a deep threat with one of our first three picks. Or trade one of them for Larry Fitzgerald.

A WR that's tall with Cromartie and Revis in the Division. A RB if BJGE isn't resigned. A OT, Matt Light is done.

Pass Rusher. Someone in the Clay Matthews/Cameron Wake clone on BOTH sides, a couple of DE's for 3rd down.

4 pass rushers with the first 4 picks. We had nobody who even looked like getting near Sanchez, especially with Mangold handling Wilfork 1 on 1.

Last edited:
We need a vertical threat first of all, pass rushers are a product of good D line, and Warren and Wright should be back next season with Wilfork moving back to the nose, Cunningham should develop to a good pass rusher... we also have to make a decision on keeping Bodden, or upgrading with Asomugha

Sign Nnamdi Asomugha.
Sure, if he wants to sign far below his market value.

The CBs should be fine with McCourty and a healthy Bodden next year. That shifts Butler and Arrington to 3rd and 4TH CBs, which is what they should be.

The problem is Jets have built thier defense with enough rushers/dbs to fight pass heavy teams. (Colts/Pats) We are pass heavy but its only type of pass. We need vertical WRs. Moss lost himself and thats why it didn't work this year.

But consider someone like AJGreen/Jackson/Fitzgerald on the outsides with Welker/Gronk/Hernandez on the inside. That way defenses just can't sit in the middle and wait till coverage sacks occur. You need multiple formations in pass snaps. Jets just started moving more defenders (safety) in the middle and revis/cromartie shut down the outside. At that point we were fu**ed.

Do we have any WRs that can match Revis/Cromartie? NO.

damnit why the hell did the faiders decide to be average this year. usually they pick in the top 10.

Trade down to get some first round picks for next year so that they'll be able to get Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley as Tom Brady's replacement.

Calvin Johnson.
I also really think Edelman would be better than Welker if given the chance.

OL and DE/OLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back