PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Draft Special " on ESPN now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the 2001 Draft Special when they were outlining a certain defensive lineman out of Georgia....can't remember his name at the moment. :D

I missed the special, could someone summarized it?

It mostly focused on the teams with the top 5 picks and spent a lot of time on Lienert, Bush, Young, etc. No mock draft by Kiper or anything like that. Not great for Pats fans. I think they have another one on Thursday, but if it's anything like today's, not really worth the time, IMHO.

Last edited:
I was trying to half-watch it while doing something else, and all I caught was a lot of content on the Stealers towards the end.

I watched almost all of it and by the end was very disappointed. Nearly the entire show was spent talking about 3 or 4 players (Bush, Leinart, Young) and a handful of teams (Texans, Saints, Titans, Seahawks and Steelers) - the latter two despite the fact that they are drafting 31st and 32nd respectively.

I don't know why the other 27 teams and 250 or so other draftees bother showing up on draft day as according to this show, they are of no consequence.

I agree..It really was awful. I mean seriously...how much more can we really learn about Bush,Lienert,Young, and Cutler and who gives a crap what the texans do considering that all the skill players in the world won't keep Carr upright.

Those of you who don't get NFL network missed out because at the same time was a much better draft show. NFLN has had alot of them and they are much more in depth...I actually saw some footage of the Deangelo Williams and it was the first big screen I had seen. He does look a bit like Sanders...Not sure if he's our type though. Also...Maroney looks very scrawny and White looks, well Fat.

pats1 said:
Reminds me of the 2001 Draft Special when they were outlining a certain defensive lineman out of Georgia....can't remember his name at the moment. :D

Me neither.
But ya oughta stay away from guys like that ... they end up
costing too much.

re

pats1 said:

A defensive lineman? That's insane!

What they should do is highlight overhyped receivers coming out of college, and then blast teams for not drafting who they say, and continue to put their foot in their mouths for the next 5 years. Guaranteed ratings/readership.

Last edited:
espn stinks, it's a waste of time and a waste of money. mike golic? he's the biggest joke going. sean salisbury ? merril hoge ? come on. we get better analysis on the internet.

After watching it, I came to obvious conclusion. They intend to spend 4-5 hours a week on the draft for the next three weeks, with these specials and get through maybe pick 15. That way they do not look totally stupid when the unexpeced starts happening later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back