Welcome to PatsFans.com

Draft Senerio v.1

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by harveyw, Jan 19, 2006.

1. harveyw

harveyw Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What would you guys think if these were our first couple of selections come April:

1st Round: Ryans, LB 'Bama
    2nd Round: Greg Blue, S Georgia
    3rd Round (A): Addai, RB LSU
    3rd Round (B): Richard Marshall, CB Fresno State
    4th Round: Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame

I would not be too upset. A starting LB, Rodney's and Corey's eventual replacements. Yet another young CB as well as the big receiver most of us have hoped for over the bast couple of years.
  2. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Great lineup

Wish we could get all of those guys.
  3. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 10 / -8

DeMeco Ryans is a BB linebacker from the neck UP! But from the neck down he'd be a proper sized candidate for SS. I'd like him in the 4th or 5th but some other team that likes shrimpy LBs will take him long before that,maybre as early as Round 1.

Really I've actually considered how he would be a heady in-the-box SS, but I don't know how fast or how good he would be in coverage.

Blue has never had an INT in his career. 'nuff said

Addai is interesting where you position him; i think Pat Hill's CB will go before that though.

I like your 3s and 4s; Scrub your 1s and 2s though...
  4. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

As AZ mentioned, Ryans isn't necessarily a good candidate for the Pats ILB, though he has the smarts. I have to agree with AZ regarding Greg Blue as well. Addai strikes me as a player similar to LSU Alum Kevin Faulk. I also doubt that Addai will still be around by the 3rd round.

I like the picks of Marshall and Stovall. However, remember that Saban and Crennel are out there and may be looking at him also. So could Mangini.

However, I think that the Pats WILL be taking a center/guard type player somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds. They are gonna take someone who could take over for Koppen should he decide to leave. Just like they did when the drafted Koppen to protect against Woody leaving.
  5. NOWAKJOE

NOWAKJOE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like it except for Blue, the guy is horrible in pass coverage. would rather see them get KO Simpson instead or Jason Allen. Both guys are more versitile.