PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Money

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here's a scenario i am hoping to see.I hope the pats try and move up in the top 10 and try to acquire Robert Quinn.Give up the first rounder from the raiders and the second pick from the carolina panthers.You can take your OL with the pats first round pick.Take the OLB with the late second round pick.The pats need a super caliber DE.

Quinn would be an OLB though. If you want a "super caliber DE," you're looking at Dareus and Fairley.

Here's a scenario i am hoping to see.I hope the pats try and move up in the top 10 and try to acquire Robert Quinn.Give up the first rounder from the raiders and the second pick from the carolina panthers.You can take your OL with the pats first round pick.Take the OLB with the late second round pick.The pats need a super caliber DE.

I dunno... for me i am hoping quin slips... that 33 spot is very valuable

and i think picking 32/33 will create alot of value for this team. But i can't help but agree that this team is a solid pass rusher away from being an extremely solid D.

In saying that i know it's sexy to get quinn (just like people were asking to trade up for graham last year) but we got cunningham and he has done great this year for us.

A. I absolutely hope there is no trade-up from the Oak pick, especially with Carolinas 2nd. A trade DOWN is a much more likely situation.

B. The pass rush starts with the DL. The OLBs we have would be much more successful with a dominant DL. Another 5-tech DE is a much higher priority than an OLB in my opinion.

C. If Quinn were the pick, he would play OLB not DE.

D. Quinn won't be pick. I really don't think he even fits this system. I doubt he is even on their draft board, for multiple reasons.

A. I absolutely hope there is no trade-up from the Oak pick, especially with Carolinas 2nd. A trade DOWN is a much more likely situation.

B. The pass rush starts with the DL. The OLBs we have would be much more successful with a dominant DL. Another 5-tech DE is a much higher priority than an OLB in my opinion.

D. Quinn won't be pick. I really don't think he even fits this system. I doubt he is even on their draft board, for multiple reasons.

i understand the "he wouldn't fit" argument... but to put it in perspective.. who thought cuningham would fit? there was little to no film on him dropping into coverage... i think quinn would fit really well

i understand the "he wouldn't fit" argument... but to put it in perspective.. who thought cuningham would fit? there was little to no film on him dropping into coverage... i think quinn would fit really well
Great points, I agree. I've wanted Quinn badly for a long time.

Really hard to see BB go up, I think he stays put and lets the draft fall to him, someone unexpected will fall through the crack and BB will be right there to swoop in for the kill.

PS: Hoping it is Dareus!

Can you explain why you think Quinn would not fit in this system? I don't mean to sound aggressive, I'm just curious.

Can you explain why you think Quinn would not fit in this system? I don't mean to sound aggressive, I'm just curious.

Yeah, I just don't see an OLB when I see him play. He screams 43DE to me. I just think people see the talent and hope he could be one, just like many thought Dunlap could have been last year.

I can also see him putting on another 5-10 lbs for the combine, at which point any chance of OLB would disappear.

His off field problems are a major problem. The Pats have been looking for team leaders in the draft, not prima donnas. I doubt if they even have him on their draft board.

Yeah, I just don't see an OLB when I see him play. He screams 43DE to me. I just think people see the talent and hope he could be one, just like many thought Dunlap could have been last year.

I can also see him putting on another 5-10 lbs for the combine, at which point any chance of OLB would disappear.

His off field problems are a major problem. The Pats have been looking for team leaders in the draft, not prima donnas. I doubt if they even have him on their draft board.

I just can not see him setting the edge against huge OT's and TE's and having any success unless he gets much bigger and much stronger.

Clayborn, Bowers, Kerrigan or even Watt would be useful. Would really like to see them fill up the DE Spot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes