PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumours

Re: Aaron Dobson

I'd do backflips if we land Dobson, he's one of my binkies. Big, strong, somewhat fast, and GREAT hands.

"Somewhat fast"

Way to sell him! :)

I really hope not. Not enamoured with the idea of drafting a 26 yr old. Would much rather have datone jones.

I think Datone Jones is the exact opposite of an ideal BB pick. Shortish arms, no defend the run discipline. Different strokes.

i dont get the datone jones love at all carradine is a much better DE personally

Jason LaCanfora reported the Raiders are taking DJ Hayden even if they stay at #3.

Ian Rapoport is reporting that either the Vikings or the Bears are poised to take Manti Te'o around pick 20.

That is good news for Arthur Brown possibly landing at pick 29.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8442/manti-teo

Both Ian Rapoport and Stacey Dales of NFL Network report the Bears will take Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o if he's available at the No. 20 pick.

We have a bit of information on this same topic and would insist vehemently that the Bears aren't drafting Te'o at No. 20 overall, but there isn't a more uncertain time of year. At least based on game tape and upside, Kansas State's Arthur Brown and Georgia's Alec Ogletree are both superior prospects to Te'o. Most signs do point toward Chicago selecting a linebacker in round one.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jason LaCanfora reported the Raiders are taking DJ Hayden even if they stay at #3.

Give me a link. I call bs on this. Their trading back to get him.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
OAK made it clear for weeks they're open to trading down and 1 GM told me he thinks OAK will be able to deal down.

I like Hayden but not as a first round talent.

Give me a link. I call bs on this. Their trading back to get him.

How's this for a shocker: Several execs picking early in round 1 believe OAK will take corner DJ Hayden 3rd overall if they keep the pick

Btw. Are you guys gonna have your twitter feed on during the draft? I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist. But it does take the shock out of the draft some. At least from the live feed.

Btw. Are you guys gonna have your twitter feed on during the draft? I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist. But it does take the shock out of the draft some. At least from the live feed.

Haven't decided. I like to get instant thoughts on picks but hate having picks spoiled. will probably find it tough to stay off.

Tyler Eifert didn't have a single visit to a team. Talk about a safe pick.

A couple more rumors and an observation:

(1) With Eric Fisher, Luke Joekel and Lane Johnson probably being selected within the top 10 of the draft, how can you not feel good about the Solder pick?

(2) How many facial expressions can ESPN's Josina Anderson make while reporting on a team during all three days of the NFL draft?

Josina Anderson chokes - YouTube

Re: Aaron Dobson

"Somewhat fast"

Way to sell him! :)

He ran a 4.42 and a 4.44 at his pro day, not BLAZING fast. Ran a 7.2 in the 3 cone and 4.29 short shuttle at his Pro Day. The rumors were that Dobson was capable of a 4.30 forty.

How's this for a shocker: Several execs picking early in round 1 believe OAK will take corner DJ Hayden 3rd overall if they keep the pick

Those guys all know Al Davis is dead, right?

Seriously, I bet low-level scouts from different organizations get together and conspire to leak outrageous things to the LaCanforas and Shefters of the world.

Opens beer....."I know....let's tell Breer that Emery is going to draft a trained Russian circus bear in the second"...."Ha awesome...I'll tell him now, you tell him in two hours, and you call him around midnight and ask if he's heard what you've been hearing". Clink glasses.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back