PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just curious if we have any extra draft picks this year? If so, what round are they in and from what team, plz?

thx

st Round
1st Round (New Orleans)
2nd Round (Oakland)
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round

Picks traded away:

7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
7th Round – (MIN – Randy Moss)
6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

(Source: NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2012 NFL Draft )

Just curious if we have any extra draft picks this year? If so, what round are they in and from what team, plz?

thx

Pats have no 5, 6, 7.

Pats do have OAK 2 (which should be around 49) and NO 1 (which could be as high as 24).

I have a feeling that one or both of the first rounders will be traded for extra picks!! Calling it now!

I have a feeling that one or both of the first rounders will be traded for extra picks!! Calling it now!

both of the pats #1's will be in 30's so tradeding one or even both away for picks in 2013 or 2th round picks this year would be a good move the pats will still get the players they want and will pay them less

My guess is BB will draft one or two headscratchers early.....

Any bets on him picking a TE in this draft ?

Pats have no 5, 6, 7.

Pats do have OAK 2 (which should be around 49) and NO 1 (which could be as high as 24).

Re compensatory picks...Do you think they'll get a 7th rounder for Jarrad Page???...The Pats didn't sign any FAs ( Ocho, Albert were acquired in trades)

My guess is BB will draft one or two headscratchers early.....

Any bets on him picking a TE in this draft ?

BillB will trade one of the 1st. BillB probably take a Safety (Barron/Lester) or Center (Konz).. I hope..

I will be mad if at least the 1st two picks we make are not defensive players. Very mad. I'd prefer for BB to stay put and add 2 1st round talent defensive players to our roster, but he'll probably move back and stock pile 'em..

But I don't think there's any question we need defense, defense, defense.

Last edited:
I will be mad if at least the 1st two picks we make are not defensive players. Very mad. I'd prefer for BB to stay put and add 2 1st round talent defensive players to our roster, but he'll probably move back and stock pile 'em..

But I don't think there's any question we need defense, defense, defense.

Not worth being mad about, it is a game.. repeat slowly... we were 13-3 this season.

don't know the depth of this draft, but i would like to see them maybe even trade UP in the draft for a playmaker on defense if there is one available. tom's window is slowing closing and they need to maximize their chances with tom while they still can.

I will be mad if at least the 1st two picks we make are not defensive players.
Shouldn't it depend on who is available?
I'd prefer for BB to stay put and add 2 1st round talent defensive players to our roster...
BB is not going to draft players that he does not have confidence in just because he has a need. That is a good way to waste a draft pick, and they are chancy enough even when he does have confidence.

Isn't it great that our team made the playoffs and we aren't on the Board of a loser team where all we would be able to do today is start a Draft Thread?

Oops. Never mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back