PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft picks cheap making way for $Free Agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbiologist

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Now I wont cry about a OLB or pass rusher, thats been done. But how about drafting decent players even at positions of strength to weed out our hi $$ guys? I can certainly see the first 2 picks replacing Light and Bodden on the roster saving $Millions$!! Do we use this cap room to get a pass rusher? They are rarely available in Free Agency but history tells us BB does spend $$$ on LBs. If the franchise tag is dropped do we go after Woodley? Edwards at DE? A JAG vet G? Where do we spend our $$? We are well below the cap...

You diagnosed it yourself. The only spot that could use an upgrade in FA is OLB and BB has done that and spent the dollars before. A drafted conversion takes literally years. Let someone else pay for it.

I like SF guy Manny Lawson, who will be replaced by their high draft pick rook. He has everything and finally 4 years of experience while occasionally flashing ability. Just like Vrabel, I think he is ready to pop...

Now I wont cry about a OLB or pass rusher, thats been done. But how about drafting decent players even at positions of strength to weed out our hi $$ guys? I can certainly see the first 2 picks replacing Light and Bodden on the roster saving $Millions$!! Do we use this cap room to get a pass rusher? They are rarely available in Free Agency but history tells us BB does spend $$$ on LBs. If the franchise tag is dropped do we go after Woodley? Edwards at DE? A JAG vet G? Where do we spend our $$? We are well below the cap...

Didn't Woodley already re-sign (or sign his tag)?

Three days ago, I'd have wondered where Edwards would fit. Now, I'm not at all certain about "what" he'd be fitting into.

Tangentially, Edwards wold be cool since he and Ninko were college teammates and he would represent another "recovery" player from the 2006 draft class.

Didn't Woodley already re-sign (or sign his tag)?

Three days ago, I'd have wondered where Edwards would fit. Now, I'm not at all certain about "what" he'd be fitting into.

Tangentially, Edwards wold be cool since he and Ninko were college teammates and he would represent another "recovery" player from the 2006 draft class.

I'm going on the assumption that the franchise tag will be lifted once a new CBA is in place so we will lose Mankins but be able to pursue Woodley. And most would like a $10M LB and a $2M G, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back