3rd - Compensatory (Vinatieri)
4th - Patriots
5th - Patriots
6th - Arizona (Gorin)
6th - Patriots
6th - Compensatory (Fauria)
6th - Compensatory (Davis and Dwight)
7th - Patriots

i like the possibility of having 6 picks on day 1.

you can bet they'll be making alot deals on draft day

You are WAY overrating what we'll get. Givens is more likely a #4 and Vinatraitor more like a #6.

Thirteen picks overall and either five or six on Day One.

It's almost like the haul you'd expect for an Expansion team. Twice the number of picks most teams will have. And if the Browns and Steelers had kept Tucker and Cobbs, respectively, we'd have had two more-- fifteen in all. That would have been some kind of record.

With this kind of draft power, we can rebuild the team from the ground up. We dont even need to resign Graham or Koppen to veteran contracts. If they want to go elsewhere, we can draft Week One starters in the first two rounds to replace them, and at bargain basement prices. Then, collect more of those Compensatory picks.

Now, with Branch out of the picture, we could actually put the Franchise tag on someone else... Koppen, perhaps? He's deserving of top-10 salary, and I've read in the past that he'd give the Eagles a home-town discount. Maybe someone'll give us a first rounder for him, too.

rookBoston said:
Now, with Branch out of the picture, we could actually put the Franchise tag on someone else... Koppen, perhaps? He's deserving of top-10 salary, and I've read in the past that he'd give the Eagles a home-town discount. Maybe someone'll give us a first rounder for him, too.
Graham is actually more Franchisable as the TE number is half what the OL number is and all OL are grouped together (OT, OG, C have one Franchise value).

I wonder if the Branch compensation is similar to the deal Denver worked out for Lelie, whereby the trade is in "draft points" from the draft value chart and not a fixed pick. IOW, if Seattle finishes at #25 or higher, for example, the Pats would then receive an additional mid-rounder to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back