PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine told me McFadden has some issue with his feet. Like he will need surgery on them at some point. Have any of you heard this?

I hope Laurinitis stays at Ohio St. another year and then pulls a Pat Tillman and joins the Army Rangers just so I never have to hear about him being a "perfect fit" for NE! :rolleyes:
IMO, LB is the most difficult position to evaluate for the NFL because in college they are all ball chasers. The Matt Millen type. In BB 3-4 it takes time to learn and there is no reason to waste a top pick on a LB who will be on the shelf for a few years.

If the 49ers continue to suck at winning football games then I will be happy regardless. If NE uses that draft pick and does not trade it then I would like Jake Long OT Mich at this point. NE wouldn't need McFadden or anyone like that. He would be the cheapest top pick. He may just be the best player in the draft. In the 3rd round we can draft LBs and CBs.

Read football outsiders article about Cleveland's Oline. www.footballoutsiders.com

I am with on Jake Long,could be pro bowl type player....

As far as trading the pick, I have been cruising around different draft forums and noticed that any team (outside the Dolphins) thats holding a pick in the Top 5 will trade it. Even read one post where a Jets fan thought the Jets will more then likely trade out of the top 3. If this is the case, it makes it all the more unlikely for the Pats to trade out unless they lose the trade value wise. Right now I am thinking that we hold onto the pick, and hopefully take Kenny Phillips.

As far as trading the pick, I have been cruising around different draft forums and noticed that any team (outside the Dolphins) thats holding a pick in the Top 5 will trade it. Even read one post where a Jets fan thought the Jets will more then likely trade out of the top 3. If this is the case, it makes it all the more unlikely for the Pats to trade out unless they lose the trade value wise. Right now I am thinking that we hold onto the pick, and hopefully take Kenny Phillips.

Kenny Phillips a #3 pick? Why pay that much for him? There's got to be better value elsewhere.

I've seen him anywhere from 10th to late 1st round.

Pick him #3 and its kidn of a waste. Best to have a # of players you would like at 10-15th and then trade down for someone who has his heart set on a certain player.

"Trade Laurence Maroney to the Packers for there First Round "
I don't believe BB would do this yet. If it was for Chad Jackson I say YES!

I would add 2 more to your list that would keep us contenders
Sign Moss
Extend Wilfork

Chad Jackson will be a stud he is young and hungry watch what he does this year and he'll top it in 08 we will not trade him out of the question.
Maroney will not get traded he is used to rb by committee, he is fairly inexpensive on the cap.
If we would draft Mcfadden we'd have the most entertaining offense in the league as long as Moss re ups.

Kenny Phillips a #3 pick? Why pay that much for him? There's got to be better value elsewhere.

I've seen him anywhere from 10th to late 1st round.

Pick him #3 and its kidn of a waste. Best to have a # of players you would like at 10-15th and then trade down for someone who has his heart set on a certain player.

A couple of responses...

First off, you were responding to a post that suggested that just about everybody wants to trade down from the top 5 so it simply may not be an option.

Second, rather than saying "there's got to be better value elsewhere," name names! If OT Jake Long is there, fine. But a DT or QB or RB or 4-3 DE isn't going to deliver better value to the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back