Welcome to PatsFans.com

Draft Idea

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PatsDparty, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsDparty

PatsDparty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone like the idea of trading our #7 pick for Jason Taylor and the Dolphins 2nd round pick (Pick 32 overall). Essentially, we'd get our old pick back, not have to pay a rookie the huge #7 pick contract, and pick up Taylor.

Not sure if the dolphins would do it b/c of salary implications and trading taylor to us, but Parcells knows that Taylor has at most 3 or 4 good years, while a young stud at 7 could anchor their team for a long time.
  2. memento

memento Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

reports are saying taylor's getting friendly with the new guys, i don't think they'd trade him.

i dont think we need to replace seymour or warren yet, and i'd rather go with someone more LB if we get someone new behind the big 3.

i think i'd gamble though with a trade to dallas, pick up a linebacker from there and one of their later picks.
  3. DropKick Flutie

DropKick Flutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Aren't they old enough on defense?
  4. Jimke

Jimke Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

Jason Taylor will be 34 years old when the season starts. He is in

the declining years of his career. No way would I make a trade like

this. Perhaps, the Pats would trade their 3rd round pick for Jason Taylor.

Remember, we got Randy Moss for a 4th round pick.
  5. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Randy Moss was unproductive and making $10M for Oakland. He was either going to be cut, traded for very little or go back to Oakland and not bother trying for another year. His situation is pretty much uncomparable to almost all around the NFL and just because we got Moss for peanuts doesn't mean we'll get every great player so cheaply.

That said, I agree JT probably doesn't have the value the original poster is giving up. Can't say I'd complain if it went through and we had JT at OLB and drafted Rodgers-Cromartie at 32.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  6. DropKick Flutie

DropKick Flutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Let Moss go and draft James Hardy... cheaper, younger, and less of a pain in the ass.
  7. memento

memento Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

call me naive, but i put a lot of weight on the JT meeting with the new coach pub stunt reports on espn. i think miami keeps him.

plus i'd rather see a LB with a slightly lower profile but plays with speed and passion, like colvin before he went down early. someone like victor hobson.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.