PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game... Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pos, Rivers and Ellison would be a formidable trio of linebackers in Buffalo. I was rather hoping McKelvin would drop to me at #16 but he's gone now.

Except that Ellison won't be playing if Rivers is there because Crowell is a better LB than he is.

At this rate, I'll be picking (#21) tomorrow. If there is any justice in the world, it won't come right in the middle of friday night. :D

Interesting pick with McKelvin. Great value, but not really a need. Worst case is you have a phenomenal kick return who can start right away if Bly or Bailey get hurt. The rest of the team could use some work tho.

Interesting pick with McKelvin. Great value, but not really a need. Worst case is you have a phenomenal kick return who can start right away if Bly or Bailey get hurt. The rest of the team could use some work tho.

Well 12 is a bad spot for the Broncos. It's a good spot for a corner or a runningback (Mendenhall) but on the surface, there's depth there. However, the runningback situation is tenuous with three guys in Henry, Young and Hall that can't seem to stay healthy. Mendenhall wouldn't surprise me, but I expect Shanahan to cash in one of those fourths or fifths on a RB.

I considered Chris Williams (wouldn't have hesitated if Clady was there), but I've been put off by Ochmed's review of his run-blocking abilities. The Broncos drafted a quick pass-blocking left tackle in the third round last year (Ryan Harris). I think they're more likely to look RT a little later on in the draft.

I should add though, that there is no way that the Broncos won't move for Dorsey if he's on the board at #10. He's their best fit at #12, followed by Dorsey and then nothing. If they have to draft at the #12 position, their board is probably Dorsey, J. Long, Clady, C. Long, McFadden, Ellis, McKelvin, Mendenhall.

In the end, Leodis is the best talent on the board. The Broncos have Bailey, Bly, Paymah and Foxworth at CB. Paymah and Foxworth both received the low tender as RFAs (both were third round picks). At the end of last season, Paymah was usually split wide and Bly in the slot to cover three man sets. I think the Broncos will move Foxworth. THat gives Leodis a substantial role this year and then they can move Bly to safety or get rid of him altogether.

Let's wait till the morning to vote on this pick...

What do you think of my pick? I had on my list a couple of LOT, but they went gone before my pick, so I decided to take a RB, 'cause Benson don't convinced me a lot.

Baker could be another pick...

Except that Ellison won't be playing if Rivers is there because Crowell is a better LB than he is.

Thanks, I got confused between Ellison and Crowell.

I think the Saints pick of Dorsey is by far the best pick in this draft so far.

They got awesome value and it will make their entire defense better.

I can't see them not jumping all over him if he fell that far in real life.....but i guess the Bungles would take him first....

What do you think of my pick? I had on my list a couple of LOT, but they went gone before my pick, so I decided to take a RB, 'cause Benson don't convinced me a lot.

Interesting pick. I personally think they need a QB, but it is questionable whether any of the remaining ones are worth that high a pick. It's questionable whether I should have picked Matt Ryan at #1 but that's another story..

Mendenhall seems a good pick, I had my eye on him for Arizona at #16. Offensive Line and Quarterback would be the other logical picks but the value doesn't seem good enough for either of them since the QBs are generally unremarkable and the four top tackles had already gone.

Detroit needs according to Todd McShay @ espn.com:
Needs: ROT, LB, RB, DT, DE

I'd be tempted to go best available if it is brought to a vote. Harvey

I like your pick and maybe it will light a fire under Benson if the Bears go this route in the real draft. I think Benson did better when Thomas Jones was there.

I like your pick and maybe it will light a fire under Benson if the Bears go this route in the real draft. I think Benson did better when Thomas Jones was there.

I think that with a better offensive line, Benson can improve is YPC of 0,3 or 0,5.

But at my pick, the best olineman were gone, and Mendenhall with Benson can be a big duo for me. And if Benson fails again, Chicago have a strong player behind him.

Well, The Lions have the 1st big reach with Laws. Laws was no where close to 1st round material. Mid 2nd at best.

With their needs at DE, they passed on Derrick Harvey and Phillip Merling. They also passed on Quentin Groves (OLB), Gosder Cherilus (OT), and RBs Jonathan Stewart (injured), Felix Jones, and Jamaal Charles.

Arizona, needing help at Cornerback, Running back and DE, takes Free Safety Kenny Phillips when they already have 2 very good safeties in Antwan Rolle and Adrian Wilson?

They have no D-Linemen and Laws is perfect for that system. I wanted to take Mendenhall with the pick. They don't need Harvey or Groves, there D-Ends are ok, what they need is help up the middle, And Laws, is very under-rated and he fits that Tampa type pass rush.

They have no D-Linemen and Laws is perfect for that system. I wanted to take Mendenhall with the pick. They don't need Harvey or Groves, there D-Ends are ok, what they need is help up the middle, And Laws, is very under-rated and he fits that Tampa type pass rush.

And Laws could have easily been had with their pick in the 2nd round.

Also, Detroits DEs aren't OK. They dumped Kalimba Edwards and have no one to play opposite DeWayne White, unless you were somehow impressed with Alama-Francis.

I guess we have the Matt Millen Incarnate here... *LOL*

Last edited:
And Laws could have easily been had with their pick in the 2nd round.

Also, Detroits DEs aren't OK. They dumped Kalimba Edwards and have no one to play opposite DeWayne White, unless you were somehow impressed with Alama-Francis.

I guess we have the Matt Millen Incarnate here... *LOL*

Corey Redding is there best linemen. They have no tackles. And Laws fits them perfectly. I personally feel he is on the level of Sedrick Ellis.

So Im kind of in a bind here coming to Houston at 18. I was hoping Mendenhall, Phillips, or Chris Williams would be available. Right now I'm think RB, CB, or OLB. Im trying to really imitate the Texans drafting philosophy, which is to build to stop the Colts. Dunta Robinson might miss half the season, but they did sign Jacqu Reeves, so...idk. I dont want to reach for a need though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back